News Disney's Hollywood Studios July 2020 reopening reports

YodaMan

That was quicker than I thought. My guess is Hyperion is next.

I haven’t heard of anything yet, but I wouldn’t be surprised. I was under the impression the modified BatB show for tomorrow would be fairly close to the original show (lip sync’d Belle and Gaston and easier choreo to get around the Equity requirements), but that doesn’t line up with what you’ve heard so my sources could be wrong. But if that is the case then Frozen likely isn’t far off. The Holiday tag already had a lip-sync’d Olaf and musical numbers and I’m sure they could toss something together for Frozen that involves the character and songs and a shorter run time.

RaiseTheShields

I haven’t heard of anything yet, but I wouldn’t be surprised. I was under the impression the modified BatB show for tomorrow would be fairly close to the original show (lip sync’d Belle and Gaston and easier choreo to get around the Equity requirements), but that doesn’t line up with what you’ve heard so my sources could be wrong. But if that is the case then Frozen likely isn’t far off. The Holiday tag already had a lip-sync’d Olaf and musical numbers and I’m sure they could toss something together for Frozen that involves the character and songs and a shorter run time.
My sources didn’t have an opening date 😀

Now that you mention it, I recall hearing something about reblocking shows for distancing. That may have been on this forum though. This new show is supposed to be a live band and characters - that was the rumor I heard. I know a ton of musicians in Orlando and not a peep about any new gigs which makes me doubt it’s true. Then again, the agenda seems to be to quietly do things while equity has a ing contest amongst itself.

I haven’t heard anything about the other venues in the park. Just speculating about Hyperion because of that giant video wall, & existing lighting and audio systems. They’ve had events in that theatre before. And I suppose they could move a lot of people through fairly easily.

Magic Feather

Tomorrow, an equity-free show in the Theater of the Stars should be debuting. Rehearsals/testing have been happening all throughout this week (even partly during park hours, I’m surprised nobody ended up getting coverage). I’m 60% sure the show that will debut tomorrow is not a variant of B&tB.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
New non-stop walkthrough security scanners come to Disney's Hollywood Studios
47fd0bb78e0ecc21517c9e8d024d9d91.gif

TrainsOfDisney

i imagine cuts to security staff may follow in the near future

That’s a good thing if true. Security at WDW park entrances was getting out of hand. It seemed like a new procedure every time. These new scanners sound like a huge improvement.

(Before anyone twists my words, I’m all for security keeping us safe in the parks. I’m just not for security barking orders at me first thing when arriving at a park.)

gerarar

Premium Member
At the park today. So far not bad although I dont think our BG of 75 will be called today. Still nice to get out of the house and ride the other rides. Ran into Josh D'Amaro and he is quite the celebrity. Guests asked for selfies and once CMs got wind of it they were freaking out they missed him.
They’re currently on BG 63, so it’s very much possible they may still get to you!! Crossed fingers that the Resistance needs y’all today!

gerarar

Premium Member
At the park today. So far not bad although I dont think our BG of 75 will be called today. Still nice to get out of the house and ride the other rides. Ran into Josh D'Amaro and he is quite the celebrity. Guests asked for selfies and once CMs got wind of it they were freaking out they missed him.
Your BG is up! Looks like the Resistance does need your help after all!!

gerarar

Premium Member
Haha we left a while ago. Oh well, today was pretty fun.
Aw that sucks. Just for future reference, the MDE app would usually tell you if your BG would not be called a couple+ hours before park closing. So if you don’t get one you can most likely assume you will be able to ride that day!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom