Disney's Hollywood Studios Expansion Speculation and Ideas

captainmoch

Original Poster
It would be cool to have a villains ride at Animation Courtyard and maybe have Tim Burton area covered like what Universal did with Knockturn Alley , but on a larger scale
That would be very cool. Especially if we got Halloweentown as the main area.
So the are could be like:
- Villains Corner as a new area in the top right corner of the park. Includes two sections: a "villain fantasyland" featuring a villain-based family coaster and a villain live show called "The Villains Venue", and a Burton themed area including a Nightmare Before Christmas dark ride.

captainmoch

Original Poster
That is true. I already added it to the map, though. Just for fun/reference.
oN2b.jpg

orlando678-

I also had the black and white shorts idea with for example steamboat Willie river rapids, plane crazy coaster, trolley troubles coaster, Mickey and Oswald short 4d show, band concert swing, fire fighters water shooter ride, mad doctor ride, just to name some ideas.

captainmoch

Original Poster
I also had the black and white shorts idea with for example steamboat Willie river rapids, plane crazy coaster, trolley troubles coaster, Mickey and Oswald short 4d show, band concert swing, fire fighters water shooter ride, mad doctor ride, just to name some ideas.
Oh man, I'd love that. Especially the Steamboat Willie idea, it could be similar to the Popeye raft ride at IoA, which is already one of the best raft rides out there. Although I feel like that'd almost be a better fit in Magic Kingdom.

orlando678-

Well it sounds Magic Kingdom, but it doesnt fit there. If hollywood studios creates immersive worlds then this would be a great fit. It has a fit with the movie theme.

captainmoch

Original Poster
Well it sounds Magic Kingdom, but it doesnt fit there. If hollywood studios creates immersive worlds then this would be a great fit. It has a fit with the movie theme.
Hmm, that's also true. It could fit near Sunset Boulevard with its 1930s theme.

orlando678-

And i would hate to see the behind the scenes and moviemaking theme go, so I hope something like the backlot tour and some other new rides like a stunt actor coaster or something. Production Courtyard would be a great place too for rides as a Herbie ride, pirates of the caribbean coaster, oz air balloon simulator .

orlando678-

And dont you think that its a bugs life fits animal kingdom better? The its tough to be a bug movie could move to a new bugs life area and inside the tree of life could be a 3d movie based on Earth's animals. Maybe Ratatouille or Wall-E could go here?

captainmoch

Original Poster
And dont you think that its a bugs life fits animal kingdom better? The its tough to be a bug movie could move to a new bugs life area and inside the tree of life could be a 3d movie based on Earth's animals. Maybe Ratatouille or Wall-E could go here?
I've thought about that too, but I settled with Bug's Life in DHS because 1) the pre-existing playground is popular, good for kids and they could practically retheme it to Bug's Life overnight 2) it'd give us a bigger flat ride variety at DHS rather then just Toy Story ones. Not to mention it'd be very cheap and easy. The four Toy Story and Bug's Life flat rides + the relocated entrances of TSMM and the playground shouldn't account to that much and would add a decent amount of family rides. Saves more money for the Cars, Incredibles, and Monster's Inc e-tickets in my mind.

I wish there was more information on how the budgets usually are on rides. I'd love to make an imaginary budget of the expansion, but I'm not entirely sure how.

captainmoch

Original Poster
Is this a brainstorm thread, or a thread where we can post images of our speculation?
Both, pretty much. You can brainstorm, post your ideas, and post images of your ideas if you want. I just thought it'd be fun to have some last minute speculation and throw around a few ideas before D23 in a few days.

Sam Magic

I'm thinking this is what DHS will look like by 2021...roughly:
208vdys.png

There could be a Muppet's mini land between Star Wars and Pixar. Pixar is going to feature...IMO, a Monsters Inc. coaster and other attractions. In the future I would like to see an Incredible's Island mini-land or something along those lines...

captainmoch

Original Poster
Looks pretty good. I agree, I feel like Monsters Inc is probably the most likely (and deserving imo) of an extensive area in Pixar Place. I could see RSR coming, but maybe not much of Cars Land itself. Incredibles is also very deserving of an attraction.

Twilight_Roxas

I thought of this attraction for Super Hero City that is both a original shooting dark ride for DHS, and based off Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

The idea of this attraction Nick Fury or Agent Coulson recruits the riders as new agents. During the training section it gets interrupted when S.H.I.E.L.D is under attack by M.O.D.O.K, and Hydra. The riders are sent to stop M.O.D.O.K, and Hydra. The ride will use High Definition 3D screens like Voyage to the Iron Reef at Knotts Berry Farm. While the Avengers won't appear excluding Scarlet Witch. Wasp, War Machine, Sif, She-Hulk, and Antman will appear in the attraction helping the riders take on M.O.D.O.K & Hydra.

Tell me what you think plus this would be the first Marvel attraction that is canonical to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

If you notice M.O.D.O.K hasn't appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe yet so you could say this would be his introduction to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom