News Disney's Hollywood Studios announces 30th Anniversary celebration details for May 1 2019

mm52200

I have a question though Does Every park in Disney World(4Theme parks) has a Parade Storage area?

If they do Why cant they use it?
If they don’t Why cant they have regular daytime parade ?
Studios still does but it’s used to store the mobile stages at night. DAK’s still exists but I believe has been taken over by engineering not 100% sure on that though but the space does exist.

Kman101

So...is Roger Rabbit playing a part in all this?

Oh wait, not an non-Disney-generated acquisition. Yeah, forget I said anything.

Disneyland still drags Roger out at times. I think it's been a few years but before they dumped Big Thunder Ranch they had random meet and greets and used him a few times.

I still wish they had built a proper Toontown with Roger in the Studios. Oh to dream ...

Animaniac93-98

Me too...for the longest time.

So many missteps when it comes to DHS...the park could be twice the park it is today if only they kept adding and bettering the place.

Disney-MGM Studios was supposed to be a working movie production center and a quality theme park.

In 30 years the’ve managed to drop the ball in both cases. Star Wars feels like too little too late after so much stagnation and neglect since 2000.

Animaniac93-98

Between Rock ‘n Roller Coaster in 1999 and Slinky Dog in 2018 the park only opened 1 new ride, TSMM in 2008.

That’s 1 new ride in almost a 20 year time frame, all while keeping many of the same shows and dropping the afternoon parade.

The park still needs more in the coming years to truly be worthy of it’s admission price and to handle the crowds that will come to see it. Having a more cohesive theme than Disney movie franchise place would also be nice.

aladdin2007

Disney-MGM Studios was supposed to be a working movie production center and a quality theme park.

In 30 years the’ve managed to drop the ball in both cases. Star Wars feels like too little too late after so much stagnation and neglect since 2000.

agree and I keep thinking star wars would have worked better as its own gate/park...instead of being crammed into the studios that cant handle and wasnt built/designed for that amount of people. Had they properly kept it up with additions and expansions and what not over the past 30 years then maybe this would have worked better,,,, but its going to be an unbearable park for several years ahead.

Magic Feather

I have a question though Does Every park in Disney World(4Theme parks) has a Parade Storage area?

If they do Why cant they use it?
If they don’t Why cant they have regular daytime parade ?
AK scrapped the parade mostly for logistics. It was a big pain in the rear for traffic flow, especially given that the park was barely designed to accommodate a parade. Festival booths block the Epcot parade route, and, as @mm522 said, Hollywood uses the building for the mobile stages (whose placement would also make a parade difficult).

mm52200

AK scrapped the parade mostly for logistics. It was a big pain in the rear for traffic flow, especially given that the park was barely designed to accommodate a parade. Festival booths block the Epcot parade route, and, as @mm522 said, Hollywood uses the building for the mobile stages (whose placement would also make a parade difficult).
I think DAK could still do a parade like MJJ if they really wanted to, especially with all the expanded pathways. Studios they could still do it with the stage placement, they used to do parades with that giant temporary stage up all the time. But they would need to build a separate float barn.
It’s a shame that current management sees parades as more of a hassle rather than a great way to soak up capacity and entertain a large number of guests all at once(and a guaranteed way to help clear the park a little afterwards).

FigmentJedi

AK scrapped the parade mostly for logistics. It was a big pain in the rear for traffic flow, especially given that the park was barely designed to accommodate a parade.
Additionally, Rohde rejected the original nighttime parade pitch for Rivers of Light because he was afraid that expanding the paths and adding more infrastructure for nighttime lighting and viewing would compromise the horticultural character of the park.

Kman101

Between Rock ‘n Roller Coaster in 1999 and Slinky Dog in 2018 the park only opened 1 new ride, TSMM in 2008.

That’s 1 new ride in almost a 20 year time frame, all while keeping many of the same shows and dropping the afternoon parade.

The park still needs more in the coming years to truly be worthy of it’s admission price and to handle the crowds that will come to see it. Having a more cohesive theme than Disney movie franchise place would also be nice.

THIS!!!

Kman101

I think DAK could still do a parade like MJJ if they really wanted to, especially with all the expanded pathways. Studios they could still do it with the stage placement, they used to do parades with that giant temporary stage up all the time. But they would need to build a separate float barn.
It’s a shame that current management sees parades as more of a hassle rather than a great way to soak up capacity and entertain a large number of guests all at once(and a guaranteed way to help clear the park a little afterwards).

I think they could as well. But honestly, I don't mind AK not having a parade. They could do more of a street party with smaller "floats" and animals walking around. There's a way. Or, novel concept here, how about spending some real money and build a parade that runs on the water, you know, that massive lagoon and seating that sits all day? (At least they let folks sit there during the day) ... problem solved ...

HS has no real excuse to not have a parade besides cost savings. Even a "street party". I don't count the Stormtroopers parading down as an actual parade ;) (though I imagine some of it is guest flow but let's not pretend this wasn't a cost saving measure in 2013)

KikoKea

We'll be there that week, and that morning is free. Might drop by to get the button and see the parade...or maybe not, despite the intriguing allure of a Kylo Ren cupcake. We give HS about 4 hours a trip, and already have that scheduled earlier on Sat.

Kman101

Not sure why they are so fascinated with having a stage in front of the theater. It's still an eyesore. They can cut a Jedi Training show and parade the Star Wars characters up there. Kind of sounds like a lot of excuses they make for themselves that could easily be cleared up ... I think we know a lot of it is cost savings not running a parade.

aladdin2007

Not sure why they are so fascinated with having a stage in front of the theater. It's still an eyesore. They can cut a Jedi Training show and parade the Star Wars characters up there. Kind of sounds like a lot of excuses they make for themselves that could easily be cleared up ... I think we know a lot of it is cost savings not running a parade.

cant agree more, not to mention it clogs the area up terribly and I guess the Chinese theater will never be unblocked. everything imagineering originally designed/planned they have undone.

Kman101

cant agree more, not to mention it clogs the area up terribly and I guess the Chinese theater will never be unblocked. everything imagineering originally designed/planned they have undone.

Makes no sense to want to cover up the signature attraction building. At least if Mickey were inside back in 2001 the Sorceror Hat would have fit ;) Ironic they demolish it only to put Mickey inside. For every good thing they do ... we seem to get punished afterwards ;) lol

"Oh. The hat's gone. YAY!" "Nope, can't have that, let's put a stage there!" .... sigh. I really wish we could all celebrate a decision for once and be happy. But we can't. And anything unique we get is either cloned or is in the process of being cloned.

jrhwdw

DPB is streaming(along with other streamers I'm sure) the 30th parade!

Wonder if DPB is planning on doing WWOA? It doesn't say.

DHSCM

announcement at 9:55 I wonder what the significance is at that time? I bet the announcement is for a name change to the park. any other thoughts?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom