News Disney's Hollywood Studios announces 30th Anniversary celebration details for May 1 2019

Cmdr_Crimson

It's likely the same thing they did for the 25th parade. Characters in cars.

And of course the usual array of merch and cupcakes.

Not really sure what else they could do but I chuckle at the predictability of it all. All the vloggers will be there to video and photo the merch they won't buy and then show off the cupcakes and snacks they take a few bites of to show off and toss out ... maybe I'm feeling a bit jaded by the company this morning. I need some more coffee ;)

See this is why I miss the specials Disney did for their theme parks in the 80's and 90's....Like the grand opening of the Studio...

In this day in age they would talk about Batuu East or TSL for about 5 mins up to the point where a Singer butchers a Disney classic...That Horrible Disneyland 60th Anniversary special is good example of it...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Commemorative map? Check
Event button? Check
Event cupcake? Check
Event merchandise? Check
Event parade? Check
Hard-ticket event? Check

Predictable, if nothing else. All that's missing is a dance party and all the boxes would be checked. #ThanksChapek

And I agree with others, the merchandise looks cheap/lame. Mickey? Surely. Woody? Edna Mode?? Umm...what?

Surferboy567

Commemorative map? Check
Event button? Check
Event cupcake? Check
Event merchandise? Check
Event parade? Check
Hard-ticket event? Check

Predictable, if nothing else. All that's missing is a dance party and all the boxes would be checked. #ThanksChapek

And I agree with others, the merchandise looks cheap/lame. Mickey? Surely. Woody? Edna Mode?? Umm...what?

Maybe Edna is a hint to what's to come...

Piebald

This actually is happening during my stay but I was planning on being in another park (and being in HS on April 30). Is it worth changing my plans (cancelling fastpasses and reservations) to be here for the 30th? Or is it going to be packed?
Probably not. Just gonna be full of bloggers filming their stupid Instagram stories and reviewing it all. I wouldn't change it personally.

Kman101

I have the same problem when I look at Disney News before my morning coffee!

Seriously though, I'm glad that there will be a parade, special Guidemap(probably Times Guide as well) and not just a "moment" on the SW Stage.

Also nice that they are showing another WWOA after hours that night!

I really would love an actual parade back at the Studios. But they seem to have no interest (from what it appears like). And with crowds, I imagine they don't want to deal with it anytime soon either. But it would be nice. If they didn't have several things at night I'd suggest a night parade. Also wouldn't hate Stars and Cars being redone, it was simple but really worked.

Kman101

The merch is really lame. Couldn't have made any kind of homage to the history of the park? Nope, instead here's Edna Mode. She's been here a whole three months!

I'm disappointed by the selection as well, and the Passholder exclusive stuff isn't any better. Was very much ready to buy a few things, but I think I'll pass on most of it. Guess the guidemap will be my souvenir. I'll most likely be there on the 1st.

SweetDuffy101

I have a question though Does Every park in Disney World(4Theme parks) has a Parade Storage area?

If they do Why cant they use it?
If they don’t Why cant they have regular daytime parade ?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I have a question though Does Every park in Disney World(4Theme parks) has a Parade Storage area?

If they do Why cant they use it?
If they don’t Why cant they have regular daytime parade ?

It comes down to one thing - $$$$$$$. And TDO doesn't like spending any more than they have to.

Kman101

Maybe Edna is a hint to what's to come...

She has a meet and greet experience. That's all there is to her presence. It makes sense to advertise her because she has a new "attraction" in the form of a "meet and greet experience" (they're "experiences" now ...). It's not a hint of things to come. She's already there ;)

I still wouldn't be shocked if we got Incredicoaster (or Cars) overlayed into RockNRollercoaster (I hope folks enjoy Aerosmith now because I still don't think they're long for the new world of IP everywhere)

I'm not sure I buy Monsters taking over, but they do have a new series coming next year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom