Disney's Hollywood Studios about to get its version of a Blue Sky Cellar preview center

BrianLo

BTW, I am pretty sure this thread gave TP2000 a severe migraine. Sorry TP2000 but it is our turn.

I'm not sure why @TP2000 would have a migraine over this. The West Coast is slated for infrastructure improvements and major expansions to both parks. They are hosting the convention where this all will be announced and have their own Blue Sky Cellar to fill with wonderful things rumoured to be coming there.

It doesn't have to be a competition, there doesn't have to be a loser. Disney has finally stopped acting like the parks are going out of business or they barely have two pennies to rub together.

jt04

I'm not sure why @TP2000 would have a migraine over this. The West Coast is slated for infrastructure improvements and major expansions to both parks. They are hosting the convention where this all will be announced and have their own Blue Sky Cellar to fill with wonderful things rumoured to be coming there.

It doesn't have to be a competition, there doesn't have to be a loser. Disney has finally stopped acting like the parks are going out of business or they barely have two pennies to rub together.

He seems to see it as a competition which makes it fun.

Sort of like the home run derby airing right now on ESPN in beautiful Cincinnati Ohio. :)

Katie Rettinger

This addition should make the culling of two attractions slightly less painful.
7m.jpg

Travel Junkie

He seems to see it as a competition which makes it fun.

Sort of like the home run derby airing right now on ESPN in beautiful Cincinnati Ohio. :)

I won’t speak for him, but perhaps he is having some fun with an observation that I have noticed over the years. This is a generalization and doesn’t speak to everyone but it appears to me that the WDW crowd seems to view it as a competition and is always quick to play the comparison game between the different resorts. WDW is better at this or that or something that I read a lot “Why does DLR and Tokyo get all the good stuff” or “why can’t we get that.” You don’t read DLR locals saying that a lot. It’s more of an observation of oh yeah that is better over there and then move on, whereas the WDW crowd seem genuinely excited or ticked off “their park” is better or worse in a certain area. The DLR crowd typically views an element on its own. TL sucks or Indy is great.

Anyway I’ll probably have a lot of disagreement, but that is something that I observe while reading the forums. I want a reason to visit both resorts. I hope Disney knocks it out of the park on both coasts.

note2001

A preview center, kept updated as the construction progresses would be a very good thing to have. We need something to wet out taste buds for the development being done, giving Disney a way to hook us into wanting to come back to see the completed project, and not compare it to the lacking park that exists today.

One of the best things Disney did when EPCOT was being constructed was to mail off to past guests a booklet of just enough details of the attractions being built to get us dreaming of what was to come. (I leafed through that booklet so many times I wore it out.) This is a similar idea, modernized, allowing Disney to present their best work and ideas without the expense and labor of set up and sending out mailings. It is sure to be viewed by as many or more people than those old EPCOT mailings with vloggers coming in all the time.

jt04

I won’t speak for him, but perhaps he is having some fun with an observation that I have noticed over the years. This is a generalization and doesn’t speak to everyone but it appears to me that the WDW crowd seems to view it as a competition and is always quick to play the comparison game between the different resorts. WDW is better at this or that or something that I read a lot “Why does DLR and Tokyo get all the good stuff” or “why can’t we get that.” You don’t read DLR locals saying that a lot. It’s more of an observation of oh yeah that is better over there and then move on, whereas the WDW crowd seem genuinely excited or ticked off “their park” is better or worse in a certain area. The DLR crowd typically views an element on its own. TL sucks or Indy is great.

Anyway I’ll probably have a lot of disagreement, but that is something that I observe while reading the forums. I want a reason to visit both resorts. I hope Disney knocks it out of the park on both coasts.

I agree but TP2000 always adds a subtle bit of Lutz-esque snark when talking about WDW. Makes one wonder.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom