Disney's Hollywood Studios 25th Anniversary?

FerretAfros

At leat when EPCOT Center/Epcot theme park had their anniversaries they still used EPCOT Center branding. However, for the Studios, they can't mention MGM at all! No real retro merch for this half day park!
I wonder if there are contractual issues, since they would need to use the MGM name/logo and the original contract expired 5 years ago. That's the only thing I can think of, since nearly nothing has mentioned the original name, let alone had graphics with it

Communicore

OK, you guys asked for it- Here's the link to my look at the Studios after 25 years. I was there on the 15th of May 1989. There's tons of now vintage photos, concept art, a trip report that spans multiple visits from 1989 yo 2007 and more. Enjoy!

http://www.insightsandsounds.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-25-year-history-of-disneys.html
Great post, it definitely takes me back! While I never went opening year, my first visit was 1990 so it was still new and fresh. I remember we just went on the tram tour and that was it.

Communicore

What a sad re-dedication. Someone decided to re-write history and ignore even mentioning the previous name of the park, and especially ignored any mention of Michael Eisner. Sad.
I bet it's a lawsuit if those three letters are used. By the way, was the dedication plaque remade for DHS when they renamed it, just like EPCOT Center's was?

TinkerBell9988

OK, you guys asked for it- Here's the link to my look at the Studios after 25 years. I was there on the 15th of May 1989. There's tons of now vintage photos, concept art, a trip report that spans multiple visits from 1989 yo 2007 and more. Enjoy!

http://www.insightsandsounds.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-25-year-history-of-disneys.html

This is awesome! I just posted the link on twitter, if that is OK with you. Your photos are amazing! Brought back tons of memories...

I have so so so many photos of Super Soap Weekend that I need to find. My best memories at the Studios were during those weekends. :)

DisneyDad1977

What a sad re-dedication. Someone decided to re-write history and ignore even mentioning the previous name of the park, and especially ignored any mention of Michael Eisner. Sad.
I was waiting at the end. There was a hesitation where Eisner's name should have been. Every time I have heard the Epcot plaque read in a video Card Walker's name is always mentioned. Somebody doesn't want to give any credit to the last guy? Hmmmmmm........

Jakester

Original Poster
Today's Special Button
image.jpg

By the way, if any of ya'll are here and would like to come by and leave a kind hello please feel free to come to any Fastpass Kiosk Location here at Studios

I will be in the park for tonight's entertainment as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom