Disney's Hollywood Studios 25th Anniversary?

mm52200

Just saw some pictures of the stage on Instagram and the canopy is much taller this time, as a result, blocking even more of the hat. I just don't understand their fascination with that horrible stage...

DisneyArb

I know he appeared at Disneyland (in the Big Thunder Ranch area). But they have a ride there to 'justify' him appearing. Wasn't aware he appeared in Paris but I haven't found a decent place to see regular photo updates from there (can anyone suggest a place? and can anyone suggest a regularly updated site for Tokyo Disneyland too?)

Great website/Twitter feed for Tokyo Disneyland, with updates and travel suggestions - bonus that it's in English: @DisneyFH, http://www.fathobbit.ca/

asianway

It's sad they can't pull out a few rare characters. Why are the Florida parks so stale when it comes to characters?
Stale is not really the right word. WDW always gets characters for the new movies. The problem is they then keep them around forever, and bump some older character to never be seen again.

What WDW will not do is participate in new characters from old movies like when they did March hare and king of hearts. Or Oswald. This is intentional-they do not want to spotlight anything from the past, it's important to keep hyping that the most recent movie is the best

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
$5.19 gets you one of these on May 1 only.

DAC097649-613x408.jpg

Jakester

Original Poster
Oh boy 5 dollars only! Meanwhile a sweet cupcake twice that size (and triple the flavor) runs you about 3. Seriously if any of you find yourself around the waterford area in orlando check em out!
I think anything off Mickeys Property is more reasonably priced. And Sweets here in Waterford is delcious.

Kman101

It is, but they either should update the costumes and scenery or call it a day. Something fresh needs to go there, and if it's not Tangled or Princess and the Frog, I'll take Frozen I guess. I'd actually prefer Tangled.

I'm torn on the Little Mermaid show (not that it was said to be replaced yet). I want a replacement just for something new, but it's well-done and I don't know what I see fitting in there. Maybe something along the lines of what they do for Tangled at Disneyland (a re-telling of the story in a comical way).

And then they still have the Premier Theatre that sits empy for the most part. And eventually American Idol's going away. It almost did at the beginning of the year from what I remember. So is that another place going to sit empty? Why not The Golden Mickey's? Not that it's a super great show by any means, but it has potential and would, IMHO, fit quite well in the Studios.

And the Great Movie Ride definitely needs a refurb. Should of had one for the 25th. Can we include a little demo out front in that ;)

And no offense to the poster who said the GMR and B&TB news, but can we get some other confirmation on this?

Sped2424

It is, but they either should update the costumes and scenery or call it a day. Something fresh needs to go there, and if it's not Tangled or Princess and the Frog, I'll take Frozen I guess. I'd actually prefer Tangled.

I'm torn on the Little Mermaid show (not that it was said to be replaced yet). I want a replacement just for something new, but it's well-done and I don't know what I see fitting in there. Maybe something along the lines of what they do for Tangled at Disneyland (a re-telling of the story in a comical way).

And then they still have the Premier Theatre that sits empy for the most part. And eventually American Idol's going away. It almost did at the beginning of the year from what I remember. So is that another place going to sit empty? Why not The Golden Mickey's? Not that it's a super great show by any means, but it has potential and would, IMHO, fit quite well in the Studios.

And the Great Movie Ride definitely needs a refurb. Should of had one for the 25th. Can we include a little demo out front in that ;)

And no offense to the poster who said the GMR and B&TB news, but can we get some other confirmation on this?
I think they were spitballing ideas! Not so much saying those things were gonna happen. Here is what I want! So the little mermaid works so wonderfully as as how due to all the effects in it so I would replace it with either Tangled or Princess and the Frog. One would change the place of the theater to feel like the bayou, while the other would change it too looking like your outside underneath a starry night. Something tells me if they were to chose out of the two Tangled would get the stage show there. For musical numbers they could do In order I've got a dream, Mother know's best + Rerpsie, and the finale I see the Light. For the last song they could have lanterns flood the area from the stage above and fill the room and the last bit of singing could be healing incantation for when she brings him back to life.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom