Disney's Hollywood Studios - 20th Anniversary?

Spyne

Original Poster
Well, as you all know, the 20th Anniversary of Disney's Hollywood Studios is approaching on May 1, 2009. Has there even been any hints as to what will commemorate the event? I'm not sure if anybody has any "insider" info or something, but I'm curious about it. After Epcot's 25th and Disney's Animal Kingdom's 10th, I'm expecting they'll give this anniversary some recognition. :)

Cmdr_Crimson

Well, as you all know, the 20th Anniversary of Disney's Hollywood Studios is approaching on May 1, 2009. Has there even been any hints as to what will commemorate the event? I'm not sure if anybody has any "insider" info or something, but I'm curious about it. After Epcot's 25th and Disney's Animal Kingdom's 10th, I'm expecting they'll give this anniversary some recognition. :)

Yep an elaborate show stopping big granddaddy celebration with fireworks and the whole kaboodle to release....A pin....*sigh*

I can say that with "What Will you Celebrate" Happening Next year...I wouldn't hold my breath for anything big...Except for American Idol guests that's all I can think of.:shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

Yep an elaborate show stopping big granddaddy celebration with fireworks and the whole kaboodle to release....A pin....*sigh*

I can say that with "What Will you Celebrate" Happening Next year...I wouldn't hold my breath for anything big...Except for American Idol guests that's all I can think of.:shrug:

Hey, at least WWYC? provides for a celebration...YOAMD gave us squat to hope for with EC and DAK.:rolleyes:

smalld

Hmm... I am thinking a re-dedication and maybe a gallery? Like they did for EPCOT's 25th. That park has alot of history in the past and behind the whole park.

~smalld

brkgnews

At last report I had no information on anything specific being planned by the Studios. NOTE!!!! This does NOT necessarily mean they're not planning anything, just that I haven't heard it. However it has become common practice (at least based on a couple of recent anniversaries) to do a rededication ceremony of sorts along with a merchandise release and a presentation by someone who was instrumental to designing the park in question. Whether that will happen again, we don't yet know.

As for what the fans might do? Well, I do know that WDWCelebrations (the folks behind Celebration 25 and a Wild Decade - and full disclosure: I'm a member of the team) have not yet announced the name and theme of their next event. However, this note is on their site...
Mark your calendars for our next event: Friday-Saturday, May 1-2, 2009.

So there ya go... :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom