Disney's Hollyday/Horrorwood Studios?

Gambit

Whether anyone likes it or not Disney=Family. I am quit sure Disney could put some major money into a scary event but truth be told many people aren't going to think Disney=Scary, Blood and Gore. HHN is a HUGE Halloween event and is only topped by Knott's Scary Farm in California. It is a wonderfully done and fully themed event with haunted houses bursting at the seams with details and scares and there are many people that come down to Universal just for HHN. I personally pay to go to HHN every year, however, I only go to MNSSHP if I get a free ticket from someone. I'm not going to pay for the same thing I get during the day with the addition of candy, fireworks and parade.

hack2112

If anyone thinks that HHN is not detailed well, then you are sadly mistaken. It is so detailed, there are details INSIDE the details. If you think that Disney could take over the Halloween event in 1 year, then you are once again mistaken. Plus a lot of the scareactors work at HHN because they love it, and not for the money. So finding actors would be hard.

That being said, I love Disney, but I think it would be an uphill battle if Disney were to compete.

jorgetheviking

I wish Disney would do a halloween event. Then maybe some of the crowds will go there and HHN won't be as crowded. The over-crowding at Universal is ridiculous yet I find myself returning each year. ;) If DHS did something I'd check it out for sure.

Hrudey3032

I wish Disney would do a halloween event. Then maybe some of the crowds will go there and HHN won't be as crowded. The over-crowding at Universal is ridiculous yet I find myself returning each year. ;) If DHS did something I'd check it out for sure.

they do a halloween event.Mickeys no so scary halloween party

Brian_WDW74

Jim Hill has posted a small update in which an "unnamed MGM manager" goes into a little more detail about the rumored new party. Since it'll be based on NBC, it's supposed to be "eerie and silly" and not scary.

THECARISMINE

I REALLY REALLY hope this finally happens, I love NBC on unhealthy levels and we really deserve something exclusive in MGM that everyone would wish was in all the parks, besides we are like the only resort that doesn't get Jack for christmas at our Mansion, (I love the christmas takeover, love the new additions this year to the HM though so I'm glad for the first time ever that we didn't get it, not that I ever think we will) Anyway again I really hope Disney does make a NBC ride for us in the future:p:D

hrcollectibles

I agree. Disney needs something to compete with HHN at Universal. I have been to HHN the past 2 years and this year was totally packed with lines at least 1 1/2-2 hours deep. Talk about the money potential for Disney to create something of the same nature. Disney's MNSSHP is kind of lame and I am a total Disney fanatic. But for the money and what you get (a few pieces of candy at each stop) and only 5 hours in the park, it's not worth it. MGM could be transformed and the backlots could be really the focal point of the night. Come on Disney, step up to the plate and show Universal that you are the #1 theme park with the Halloween theme.

I have been to HHN 5 times.. I like it but I find the crowd there, shall we say rude and packed in like sardines...If universal controlled their ticket sales and had more dates it may be more enjoyable... I think Disney should have an event geared mor towards the teen/adult sector

frank2271

I've been to HHN several times. It's a BLAST, adults only of course. If Disney did it (and did it right, meaning teens and adults only) it would be a HUGE money maker.

But, Disney would have to make absolutely sure that it was explained to everyone that it is only for mature audiences only. I can see some families with the little ones and the strollers and that would be a problem.

Definately a PG-13 rating.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Perhaps if they spent the money on new rides instead of marketing gimicks like name changes perhaps it would be more than a 1/2 day park.

RSoxNo1

Perhaps if they spent the money on new rides instead of marketing gimicks like name changes perhaps it would be more than a 1/2 day park.

Marketing campaigns are a necessary part of business. I'm not sure that the name change shoudl be itemized as a marketing campaign, but you could argue that this re-branding of the park is the stepping stone towards a reinvestment into new attractions. Rumors are abound surrounding new concepts for this park, and I for one am quite excited about Toy Story Mania this spring.

DisneyNeighbor

Is HHN at universal included in your ticket, or is it a hard ticket like MNSSHP?

If so I know their annual pass is alot cheaper than Disney so this would account for larger crowds.

I would assume that a majority of people at HHN are locals which don't spend as much as tourist. So even if HHN is more crowded than MNSSHP Disney, I would guess that Disney makes a bigger profit.

I think Disney is going the right route and focusing on the family tourist and not the local annual passholders.

coasterphil

Is HHN at universal included in your ticket, or is it a hard ticket like MNSSHP?

If so I know their annual pass is alot cheaper than Disney so this would account for larger crowds.

I would assume that a majority of people at HHN are locals which don't spend as much as tourist. So even if HHN is more crowded than MNSSHP Disney, I would guess that Disney makes a bigger profit.

I think Disney is going the right route and focusing on the family tourist and not the local annual passholders.

It's a hard ticket event and they make tons of money off of it. Alcohol sales are through the roof, ticket prices are $55 on peak nights, and the Express passes sold out almost every night and I believe they were somewhere in the $40-60 range. I'm sure that HHN is much more profitable than MNSSHP.

hollywood<3

Speaking as part of the rarely targeted teen/young adult demographic, I think a dark halloween event at DHS is an excellent idea. DHS is practically made for an event like this. I know that Uni puts some of their houses in the queue areas for some of the rides (Jaws and Earthquake methinks), imagine if they were to use part of the queue of ToT (the outside portion primarily) for something. Theres many areas in the park that scream "scarezone material", and I believe not all of the soundstages were used for Toy Story Mania. Location wise, it's perfect.
Now whether they'd want to try something different it's all up to them.

As to the NBC ride. About freaking time, if they decide to greenlight it. It'll bring in more than the frillion High School Musical related shows they have.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom