Disney's Golden Celebration MOUSE EARS!

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
The Magic Kingdom is the host park for Magical Gatherings. MGM did 100 Years of Magic, so it is either Animal Kingdom or Epcot. Epcot's Wand is going down, which is great if they are planning on a new Icon, Epcot's attendance is up drastically, nearly every pavilion at Epcot will have been refurbished by 2005, and several Epcot CMs along w/ Al Lutz seem to think Epcot will be the host park. Epcot is also the park that Disney has been the most disappointed in with attendance (it is still rather close to MGM, which is 7 years younger than it), and would love to boost its attendance. It is the most likely bet for Disney, even if MK makes more sense.

RU42

I think it is kind of a neat idea to have the golden ears on their golden anniversary. I just hope we don't have a golden Mickey walking around the park.

"Look mommy, Mickey fell into some paint."

The funny part about yesterday:

I happened to be standing next to a fairly lage group of CMs. Whenever someone was announced, they and the crowd would give a nice applause. They did this for everyone except Mr Eisner. No boos, but no clapping from the CMs either. ;)

RU

Dayma

I happened to be standing next to a fairly lage group of CMs. Whenever someone was announced, they and the crowd would give a nice applause. They did this for everyone except Mr Eisner. No boos, but no clapping from the CMs either.

OK to me this is just rude. The views of the CM's should never be obvious to the crowds. There is a place and time for protests I just dont think it is in front of the crowds. Walt would NEVER had wanted this. YES he would never let it get to this point but he was always concerned how everything looked to the audience.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

CSOM

Originally posted by blackride
OK to me this is just rude. The views of the CM's should never be obvious to the crowds. There is a place and time for protests I just dont think it is in front of the crowds. Walt would NEVER had wanted this. YES he would never let it get to this point but he was always concerned how everything looked to the audience.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

I think we throw around the idea of Walt "would've" or "wouldn'tve" liked all too frequently, considering we never knew the man.

Bill

Account Suspended
If you want to say "Walt wanted or wouldn't have wanted this," I think that if Walt knew how bad Eisner is, then I think Walt would have booted out Eisner long ago. If not, I think having the CMs boo would be the least he would do. lol

RU42

Blackride - I understand what you are saying. Was it obvious to the crowd, probably not. They were more concerned about the heat and the poor speaker system.

It struck me because I am a fanatic (as most of us here are) so we notice the stuff that slides right by the average guest. Plus there was enough applause coming from the rest of the Hub area.

And when I say a large crowd of CMs, it was probably around 15. When there are 200 people crowded into an area, again, most likely it was unnoticed.

RU

netenyahoo

I don't mind the golden mouse ears for the celebration. I'll want one for a keepsake. I do prefer the black ones though.

Eisner is looking at Julie Andrew's you know whats. What a funny picture! Art Linkletter does look great for 93. I hope he is still here, so he can celebrate on July 17, 2005. It would have been nice if Ronald Reagan was in better health to be there too.

I am getting really excited for this celebration. I will be going to Disneyland sometime during it.

cherrynegra

New mouse ears? Ew. They're absolutely horrid looking. Almost like something you'd find mentally unstable homeless people wearing to ward off alien invaders. Ms. Andrews looks smashing. Art looks reeeeeeaaalllly creepy. As for that other fool, well he looks like a big _____________(insert your insult here)

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
I'm really excited that Julie Andrews is the honorary ambassador for the Golden Celebration...couldn't have chosen a better actress. I absolutely love her :) Mary Poppins rocks!

1stStarIC2nite

Originally posted by ISTCNavigator57
I'm really excited that Julie Andrews is the honorary ambassador for the Golden Celebration...couldn't have chosen a better actress. I absolutely love her :) Mary Poppins rocks!

Amen!!! :sohappy: :lol:

KevinPage

Originally posted by ISTCNavigator57
Epcot's Wand is going down, which is great if they are planning on a new Icon

Can you supply any proof?

And thank you for removing the Heath Ledger avatar. I can sleep easier at night now :lol: :lol: :lol:

ButtClown44

Crappy ears

Yeah, I was at the media event in front of the castle as well and I cincerely hope that the ears they sell to guests are better than the ones they gave us. Ours were litteraly the normal ones with gold spray paint that was peeling off the ears that day and a sticker that was doing the same. I assume sine our ears were only needed for a few hours for the film shoot that they didnt bother making them that good of quality as they will for the guests.....hopefully.

Dayma

I think we throw around the idea of Walt "would've" or "wouldn'tve" liked all too frequently, considering we never knew the man.

I agree but we all know that he was always wanted everything at disney to look perfect without any problems from the outside world which includes CM's.

Like I said I do agree with you but this was his vision...

TheDisneyGirl02

My first thought when I saw the picture...

Those little kids could on Eisner and win!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, like the regular Mickey ears best, but will still get a pair since I'm such a Disney Freak!

TheDisneyGirl02

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
STR8FAN2005 said:
Is there any update on the Golden Mouse Ears, or were they only for that one event? Just curious.
I'm sure they will be available come May 5th. This IS the biggest celebration in Disney history...so it has to have the best special merchandise in Disney history :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom