Disney's Florida Adventure Park

Cmdr_Crimson

In before the lock!

Hmm, Florida Adventure Park........ Disney's FAP? That just sounds wrong.

Hilarious!!
lupin-harhar.gif

Communicore

Let's say if Florida Adventure was built and needs to be rehabbed to have the Buena Vista Street type land, would it have a plane instead of a train, and a statue of Walt with blueprints walking in swamp instead of him standing with a suitcase?

majortom1981

There is no berm around DCA, that's another one of its flaws. :lol:

I do think it's so sweet that someone would want to create their own Disney's Fill-In-The-State Adventure Park. But after having lived in several Southeast states myself, plus New England, I really don't think you could offer up a whole parks worth of themes and engaging environments from just one of those Eastern states.

And Florida, as perfectly lovely as an American state as it is, just doesn't have enough going for it to create an entire theme park about it.

Someone already said it, but California is about the only state where such a concept could even stand a chance of getting off the ground. Of course, much of DCA's problems were caused by the waning years of Michael Eisner and Paul Pressler and their failed management theories, but that's a whole other thread. With 1.2 Billion in the bank for a fix-it budget, I'm sure DCA will be a much different place in five years time.

California's unprecedentedly rich diversity when it comes to commerce, culture, geography, industry, climate, economy, and people means it is really the only state where a specific Adventure Park has any real chance of resonating in the marketplace. Too bad they cheaped out on it like they did in 2001, but that is being fixed. :wave:

NY is just as diverse. With nyc , niagra falls and the different parts of long island like the wineries and the hamptons were the stars live. Not counting things like rosevelt and mitchelfield were big parts of aviation history happened. Then you have things like brookhaven labs, saratoga ( already a dvc resort themed like this). Disney obviously thinks NY is rich enough since there are a couple of dvc resorts themed after it.

The thing is that a NY adventure park wont fit in florida

PeterAlt

So after watching The Travel Channel and seeing their segment on California Adventure Park I was thinking.... Why not a Florida Adventure Park? I mean the guy in the show said there is so much to California that they can have represented in the park.... So why not Florida? There is a ton of stuff in Florida that can be represented.. maybe not as much as California but I can think of some pretty cool ideas for some rides. I can already see a really good roller-coaster creatively called "Alligator-Alley".
Oh the possibilities!!! :lol:

God help us all! I can see it now...

Introducing Disney's Florida Adventure Theme Park!

Featured Attractions:

Swampland

GATOR ATTACK! - Splash your way though a mosquito-infested Everglades swamp! With knee-deep water covering a thick and sticky muddy ground and tall grass reeds inhibiting visibility in all directions, guests must make it through to the finish line safely, while avoiding being eaten by multitudes of hungry stalking alligators. Survivors will then be invited to sit down at Gator Legs BarBQ and have gator for lunch, instead of the other way around!

RED NECK BILLY BOB'S JET SKI CHASE - Get ready for some good country fun, Florida style! Enjoy a high-speed ride inches over the water on a jet water ski! Oh, one thing we need to mention, though... Red Neck Bill Bob and his pals are riding around too with jet skis, and they thought it might be fun harassing them there defenseless tourists. We also forgot to mention that they've got shotguns! Once tourists are spotted, its a high speed adrenalin pumped shot-gun firing chase through a swamp maze!

Refugee Land

ESCAPE FROM CUBA - Board a raft boat with 50 other people, cramped tightly in a small space. At first, things are alright as you and the other passengers float peacefully from calm Cuban waters. Soon calm turns into chaos as the boat drifts into rough international waters. Violent waves shake the boat up and down and sideways. Soon, water leaks in, making everyone on the boat DRENCHED! There's no turning back now! What was once a clear sunny day is now a dark, windy tropical rain storm. Gusts of hurricane strength winds throw many passengers overboard for an untimely end. Survivors will wash up ashore amidst the glamour and good-life of Miami's South Beach, but this is short-lived. Rounded up by police, the survivors are arrested and taken in for custody by U.S. Immigration.

Turtle

ESCAPE FROM CUBA - Board a raft boat with 50 other people, cramped tightly in a small space. At first, things are alright as you and the other passengers float peacefully from calm Cuban waters. Soon calm turns into chaos as the boat drifts into rough international waters. Violent waves shake the boat up and down and sideways. Soon, water leaks in, making everyone on the boat DRENCHED! There's no turning back now! What was once a clear sunny day is now a dark, windy tropical rain storm. Gusts of hurricane strength winds throw many passengers overboard for an untimely end. Survivors will wash up ashore amidst the glamour and good-life of Miami's South Beach, but this is short-lived. Rounded up by police, the survivors are arrested and taken in for custody by U.S. Immigration.

That isn't funny. Many of my family members were killed and lost of their freedom, it's not something to joke about. So please don't joke about those things.

RSoxNo1

HANGING CHAD - Soar over the voting booths of Palm Beach and Duval County while Pat Buchanon laughs in a corner. The nearby Al Gorge Restaurant can help guests balloon up 75 pounds overnight!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
HANGING CHAD - Soar over the voting booths of Palm Beach and Duval County while Pat Buchanon laughs in a corner. The nearby Al Gorge Restaurant can help guests balloon up 75 pounds overnight!
That isn't funny...I lost many a chad in the great chad war of 2000.

invader

God help us all! I can see it now...

Introducing Disney's Florida Adventure Theme Park!

Featured Attractions:

Swampland

GATOR ATTACK! - Splash your way though a mosquito-infested Everglades swamp! With knee-deep water covering a thick and sticky muddy ground and tall grass reeds inhibiting visibility in all directions, guests must make it through to the finish line safely, while avoiding being eaten by multitudes of hungry stalking alligators. Survivors will then be invited to sit down at Gator Legs BarBQ and have gator for lunch, instead of the other way around!

RED NECK BILLY BOB'S JET SKI CHASE - Get ready for some good country fun, Florida style! Enjoy a high-speed ride inches over the water on a jet water ski! Oh, one thing we need to mention, though... Red Neck Bill Bob and his pals are riding around too with jet skis, and they thought it might be fun harassing them there defenseless tourists. We also forgot to mention that they've got shotguns! Once tourists are spotted, its a high speed adrenalin pumped shot-gun firing chase through a swamp maze!

Refugee Land

This is probably the most idiotic post I've seen on these boards.

PeterAlt

My point was there's nothing worthy of there being a Florida themed theme park here in Florida, except maybe the Space Coast, but that's an attraction into and on itself and there's Mission Space at EPCOT if that's not enough.

I meant no offense with my post, and all Cuban refugees are heros in my honest opinion. God willing there will be freedom in Cuba one day very very soon!

StupidJudy

Nothing against Florida but there are so many better park ideas out there. I'm still holding out for some type of villain-themed park :).

Bishop85

California's rich diversity when it comes to culture, commerce, geography, climate, economy,industry, it is really the only state where a specific Adventure Park has any real chance of resonating in the marketplace.

PeterAlt

California's rich diversity when it comes to culture, commerce, geography, climate, economy,industry, it is really the only state where a specific Adventure Park has any real chance of resonating in the marketplace.

Agreed. What are you going to replicate for a Florida theme? Beaches? Swamps? A replica of Florida replicating Hollywood, CA?

Florida is so lame. Sometimes I'm embarrassed living here, especially here in Palm Beach County. The only times we are in the national news are for things we become the laughing stock of the nation about, like the 2000 election and the Kennedy rape trial.

Now we have Rick Scott as governor... What a national embarrassment! He gave back billions of dollars to the Federal government, money that paid for in full the first leg of what would have been the nation's first Maglev train that would have stopped at WDW, Orlando International Airport, and Tampa! By the way, that money went to California so that they could build their high speed rail using more conventional technologies (not Maglev)!

I really really hate this state. I'll probably move to Cali one day!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom