Disney's Beach Club Resort

SteveVAB

Hey everyone!

My wife and I just got back from WDW the other day. We took a mini-vacation and stayed in the Beach Club Resort for 4 days/3 nights. We have stayed in other properties on-site such as the Animal Kingdom Lodge which was awesome but, the Beach Club is just as wonderful if not more-so.

One thing we found attractive is, you're a five minute walk from Epcot. This also means you're about 10 minutes from the monorail which can take you to the Magic Kingdom. This in itself made this our new favorite resort. Not to mention you are a boat ride or short walk from the Boardwalk.

The pool there is wonderful! It has a sand bottom! And it is HUGE! There is also a lazy river to float down and a cool water slide for the kids, and the big kids :). The main restaurant there has a great character breakfast buffet. Minnie, Goofy, Chip, and Dale roam around from table to table for pictures and fun. And there is an old fashioned ice-cream parlor there that has this thing called "The Kitchen Sink" which is the biggest ice-cream I have ever seen in my life! It takes at least a family of four to eat this thing!

This resort is very kid friendly as well. But, if you're like us and didn't bring kids, this is a wonderful place as well. Bottom line, if you're looking for an upper level resort in a great location to Epcot and Magic Kingdom, this is it!

tigsmom

I personally find the resort to be a bit "bland" compared to AKL, WL and even Boardwalk across the way, but to each his own :)

You know what I like about WDW? There is something for everyone...taste and budget. What kind of world would this be if everything was the same?

SteveVAB, I'm glad you guys had a great time and the BC is one of the resorts I'd like to try out as well. Now that the kids are older we don't have to stay so close to the MK anymore. :lol:

Upvote 0

Nemo14

We've stayed at the Beach Club a couple of times, and we really loved it. It's centrally located, and the pool is phenomenal. I'd stay there again if I could get the deals I used to get there....

Upvote 0

WDWKat26

I love the Beach Club, not just because of the short distance to Epcot and MGM but just because of the convenience. Plus, I love the pool and the all around theming :eek:)

Upvote 0

MPitzen

We've stayed at the Beach Club a couple of times, and we really loved it. It's centrally located, and the pool is phenomenal. I'd stay there again if I could get the deals I used to get there....

Have you considered renting points from a DVC member and staying at BCV. You can get a room less than 120/night.

Upvote 0

Blonde Princess

I agree with Mousemerf. The resort is bland compared to AKL, WL, and Boardwalk,and the Beach Club is our home DVC resort. I live at the Beach in New Jersey. The Beach Club is supposed to be modeled on my town. The Beach Club Villas even have a map of my county, Cape May County, NJ in each room, and the artwork depicts an actual strand of the beach with homes that actually exist. However, I can attest that the Beach Club would stand out like a sore thumb here. Despite that, the short walk to/from Epcot is key. It's all about Location, Location, Location, Location!

Upvote 0

pacochran

We are DVC members at BCV and love the resort. I agree with everything that you said, great pool convenience to everything.

Last year we decided to use our points to stay at AKL, and while it was great and theming was great my wife and kids can't wait to go back to BCV.

So that is where we will be November 28th of this year.

Upvote 0

ImaYoyo

We are DVC members at BCV and love the resort. I agree with everything that you said, great pool convenience to everything.

Last year we decided to use our points to stay at AKL, and while it was great and theming was great my wife and kids can't wait to go back to BCV.

So that is where we will be November 28th of this year.
As a local I find myself staying at the BCV once or twice a year (when the cast discount is at 60%), and though it is nice to have an 850 sq ft. 1 bedroom villa, I think I prefer the concierge rooms at the Yacht Club. But I still stick with my old standby, OKW. Such a relaxing resort, and for me, it really feels like I've escaped orlando and took a weekend trip to the keys. But I agree. That's what's great about Disney is that everyone can find a favorite!

Upvote 0

justducky78

I agree...we love the Yacht & Beach Club and stay there every chance we can get. We love the pool, the proximity to Epcot, MGM and the Boardwalk (and other hotels). Beaches & Cream is fun and I love the breakfast buffet in the Yacht Club. It's one of those resorts that just screams "family beach vacation" to me - exactly how we like our vacations to feel.

Upvote 0

tink68

We are staying at the Yacht Club in August and I cannot wait. My husband loves Epcot so being able to walk to it will be great and we have never even been to the Boardwalk area before. Plus we will be kid free this time!:sohappy: :sohappy:
P.S. Not that I don't love my kids. hehe

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

I agree with Mousemerf. The resort is bland compared to AKL, WL, and Boardwalk,and the Beach Club is our home DVC resort. I live at the Beach in New Jersey. The Beach Club is supposed to be modeled on my town. The Beach Club Villas even have a map of my county, Cape May County, NJ in each room, and the artwork depicts an actual strand of the beach with homes that actually exist. However, I can attest that the Beach Club would stand out like a sore thumb here. Despite that, the short walk to/from Epcot is key. It's all about Location, Location, Location, Location!

Not to mention that pool...it's an awesome pool. Otherwise, yeah, bland resort, awesome location.

Upvote 0

DVC Dave

I agree...we love the Yacht & Beach Club and stay there every chance we can get. We love the pool, the proximity to Epcot, MGM and the Boardwalk (and other hotels). Beaches & Cream is fun and I love the breakfast buffet in the Yacht Club. It's one of those resorts that just screams "family beach vacation" to me - exactly how we like our vacations to feel.

We love the BCV! my daugther who is 7 has been to Disney with us 3 times says she wants to live there!

I agree with another poster... Disney has something for everyone; We have tried the AKL and WL but we keep coming back to our home away from home...the BCV.

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

You know what I like about WDW? There is something for everyone...taste and budget. What kind of world would this be if everything was the same?

SteveVAB, I'm glad you guys had a great time and the BC is one of the resorts I'd like to try out as well. Now that the kids are older we don't have to stay so close to the MK anymore. :lol:
I agree completely with your post.....well minus the kid part :shrug:

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

Our first DVC resort is BCV, we stayed there one time, studio. It was nice, the POOL is fantastic, I can see why you can't pool hop there. But as a whole it really doesn't stand up to some of the other resorts. It has it's own charm, but, I'm not too thrilled with it. It doesn't even have Grand Villas, which with some of our family it can add up to a fair amount of people. The one thing I can say about it that really is not too great is, the quiet side faces World Showcase and if you are really tired and want to get some sleep, and they have EMH there you'll have to deal with Illuminations not once but twice during the evening. Outside of that, I would say it's more of a place for couples of any age without children.

Upvote 0

LeeSeeBabe

I absolutely love Yacht and Beach Club! The closeness to Epcot, boatride to MgM, the pool, the Boardwalk is walking distance. I think it is just a wonderful resort!

Upvote 0

CrazyCanuck

I really liked the Beach Club. Staff was incredibly friendly and it was very beautifully decorated for Christmas. Loved being able to walk to Epcot.

My only problem was the buses. It seemed to take forever to go thru all the other resorts before getting to the Beach Club. Plus, I had to wait over 45 minutes to get a bus to Downtown Disney. I have read many complaints about the buses at Wilderness Lodge but I had no problem there at all.
Beach Club, completely different story.

Upvote 0

Mimi

Have you considered renting points from a DVC member and staying at BCV. You can get a room less than 120/night.

Off topic, and yes I have committed the wdwmagic.com mortal sin of not doing a search before asking a question, BUT...

How would one go about doing this?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom