• Jack Skellington

Votes: 23 23.7%
  • Jack Sparrow

Votes: 74 76.3%

• Total voters

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Not well written? That's outrageous.
The movie is entertaining, but there are so many issues! Why does Jack trust Boogie's cohorts? "To a guy in Kentucky I'm Mr. Unlucky." Not the best lyrics (though Elfman is not generally a good lyricist). There's plenty of bad with the good.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Captain Jack all the way. Swashbuckling adventures, drinking rum all day, going to worlds end and coming back, and he can pull off saying the word "savy"! It's a pirates life for me.....Although my fiancee would probly disagree. She loves Skellington.

rsoxguy

The movie is entertaining, but there are so many issues! Why does Jack trust Boogie's cohorts? "To a guy in Kentucky I'm Mr. Unlucky." Not the best lyrics (though Elfman is not generally a good lyricist). There's plenty of bad with the good.

I believe that I can successfully field these seemingly confusing issues. In regard to the cohorts, Jack trusts them because he is blinded by his oppressed desire to have children, as seen through his obsession with Halloween and Christmas. Both are child related events. Coincidence? I rather think not.
As to the “guy from Kentucky” line, it turns out that Santa Klaus was actually born in Kentucky. The Boogie Man is going to kill him, hence the whole “unlucky” thing.
No need to thank me for the explanation, it’s the Holidays and I’m feeling helpful.

Crockett

Banned
Original Poster
"To a guy in Kentucky I'm Mr. Unlucky."
Yeah that line was pretty sucky.

Tim Burton's work can take some getting used to. I personally wasn't too thrilled about TNBC the first time I saw the film. Now after re-watching over the years, it has really grown on me, and is now one of my all-time favorite holiday films. My problem was not "getting" what TNBC was actually supposed to be upon first watching. The TV ad's back when it was first released made it look like a Rocky Horroresque comedy done in claymation, not a family holiday musical. As obscure as the film is, I absolutely love it. Corpse Bride is another good one. Though some of Burton's work never should have happened (the Willy Wonka remake). Sorry Mr. Depp, not your finest hour.

Crockett

Banned
Original Poster
A few ways the 2 famous Disney Jack's are quite similar:

-Both are considered their film(s) "hero", and are good guys at the core...yet both can show a very dark, villainesque side at times.

-Though one is seasonal and the other permanent, both have taken over a classic Disney dark ride and made it their own.

-Both have a position of leadership within their film's hierarchy of characters (one is king, the other captain), yet both use their position of authority to make really BAD decisions altering the course of their film(s).

-Both have a large fan base, ranking among Disney's most popular characters of all-time.

-Both were dead at some point: One is dead 24/7, the other was "dead"/taken for a short while.

-The actor/voice actor of each character have a long history of working with Tim Burton.

-Both characters seem to never have any GOOD run-in's with law enforcement. (Skellington blown outta the sky, Sparrow constantly being chased, arrested, shot at by E.I.C.)

-Both have a history of love-interests trying to completely sabotage their mission. (Sally with the fog juice, Elizabeth Turner handcuffing Sparrow to the Pearl).

Though sadly I think my poll left out an even more important Disney Jack:
city_hall_lindquist_window.jpg

metluver

I have to vote for Skellington. While I love the pirates, the music in TNBC is too enjoyable to me for me not to go Pumpkin King.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom