Rumor Disney's 100th Anniversary

BrerJon

Greeat....Like we need another 100 years of Magic again and look what overstayed it's welcome waaay to long..
48050b7727dfa7f41b7c9d1de779c3fd.jpg

I dread to think what horrors the Imagineers are dreaming up to ruin things for the next decade.

jt04

It's sad to think that if the 100th took place 25 or 30 years ago, it would have probably been the celebration of a lifetime. It wouldn't surprise me if in 2023 all we get is cupcakes, merchandise, and possibly a few small investments in the parks. I feel like the company is more focused on the individual park anniversaries as opposed to TWDC as a whole, so WDW's 50th and Disneyland's 70th will probably be a higher priority.

I disagree 100%.

This is a unique milestone that also offers a unique chance to have a global campaign. Couldn't ask for a better marketing opportunity. I think every resort will at least get a new E ticket, parade or parade element and celebratory fireworks show.

IMO of course.

Rosso11

We have to stop acting like the current Walt Disney Company cares about these celebrations. We are two years away from WDW's 50th anniversary and we havent heard a peep. Dont except anything for the 100th birthday of the company except for some stupid cupcakes and poor quality merchandise. Taper your expectations now friends!
The 50th and 100th will be very large celebrations. They are planning a ton for both. More than likely plans for the 50th will be made public at D23 this year. The 100th I’m surprised Iger is talking publically about already but that will be even bigger.

Mason The 2nd

They might have to celebrate all these milestones at once. DL's 70th is in 2025, you have the Company's 100th in 2023, and of course, you have WDW 50th in 2021. Internationally, Paris will celebrate their 30th in 2022, Tokyo will celebrate their 40th in 2023, Hong Kong will have their 20th, and Shanghai would be the odd one out with their 10th in 2026.

I could see a scenario where in the States, they will have one big celebration starting from WDW 50th all the way DL's 70th in 2025.
Looks like the next decade is gonna be a big one for Disney.

mikejs78

Premium Member
We have to stop acting like the current Walt Disney Company cares about these celebrations. We are two years away from WDW's 50th anniversary and we havent heard a peep. Dont except anything for the 100th birthday of the company except for some stupid cupcakes and poor quality merchandise. Taper your expectations now friends!
That's not what the insiders have been saying about the 50th....

peter11435

Ummmm.. we actually have heard a peep. And quite a lot is in motion already.

brb1006

At least wait until D23 2019 where they might hopefully reveal the anniversary logo.
The 50th and 100th will be very large celebrations. They are planning a ton for both. More than likely plans for the 50th will be made public at D23 this year. The 100th I’m surprised Iger is talking publically about already but that will be even bigger.
Who knows, we might even get a first look at the 50th Anniversary logo for Walt Disney World this D23 if we're lucky.

Rosso11

Oh yeah? Show me the proof?! Besides previously announced crap, there is no evidence the 50th will be anything other than a fluff event. I'm glad you have some faith though boo 😘
Believe what you want but a lot of what has been announced so far is for the 50th. There is still a decent amount that hasn’t been announced but that is more geared towards updates to classic rides for the 50th. Be patient. It’s coming. There’s still some good surprises left.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The things MK will be getting for the 50th:
  • a new fireworks show or a revised HEA
  • a new night time 'electric' parade
  • a new day time parade or a revised FoF
  • the completion of the Tomorrowland refresh
  • TRON Light Cycles
  • TRON Racers (a thematic refresh of Speedway, if the budget holds)
  • most assuredly a new castle show
  • probably a new Move It Shake it with a company-wide theme
  • definitely a new cupcake
  • gate-front infrastructure continued to be upgraded for even larger crowds
  • updated PhilharMagic
  • maybe the explosion scene added to BTMR like it is for DL
  • maybe a replacement for Stitch's Great Escape by then
  • Carousel of Progress refurb, especially last scene
  • likely a lot of temporary, pop-up streetmosphere
  • bunting... lots and lots of bunting.

Rteetz

Zero proof?

Like how it was specifically mentioned by George Kalogridis during his speech at WDW’s 45th?

Or how Bob Chapek has specifically mentioned Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary celebration with regards to several of the (not minor) attractions currently in development.

Like how there are large numbers of major and minor infrastructure projects currently ongoing and being planned that are set to prepare for the 50th anniversary.

Like how there are many insiders here and elsewhere with connections inside the company that know far more than you regarding future plans?

But you know, since you are fighting a losing argument and facts aren’t on your side you simply resort to name calling and personal insults. Sounds about right.
And former MK VP Dan Cockerall saying a lot was in motion for the 50th in interviews after his retirement.

sgtmgd

The things MK will be getting for the 50th:
  • a new fireworks show or a revised HEA
  • a new night time 'electric' parade
  • a new day time parade or a revised FoF
  • the completion of the Tomorrowland refresh
  • TRON Light Cycles
  • TRON Racers (a thematic refresh of Speedway, if the budget holds)
  • most assuredly a new castle show
  • probably a new Move It Shake it with a company-wide theme
  • definitely a new cupcake
  • gate-front infrastructure continued to be upgraded for even larger crowds
  • updated PhilharMagic
  • maybe the explosion scene added to BTMR like it is for DL
  • maybe a replacement for Stitch's Great Escape by then
  • Carousel of Progress refurb, especially last scene
  • likely a lot of temporary, pop-up streetmosphere
  • bunting... lots and lots of bunting.
you forgot the 2 MOST essential items:
1 New Meet and Greet
2 Complaining that its not enough..its NEVER enough
:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom