DisneyQuest?

bailey5697

Original Poster
Can anyone give me some info on DisneyQuest? Is it worth the $30, for something to do at night? What age group do you think this is good for?:confused:

NakedMickey

Disneyquest is alright. The only times I have ever been is when it was free though. I don't know if it's worth the 30 dollars. I guess if you are someone that likes arcade games and virtual reality games and all kinds of games it's pretty neat. It's not for everyone though. It's definitley for younger kids, teenagers, maybe younger adults. But I don't think this is something for everyone.

At least they wised up though and didn't make people pay a certain amount of money for a certain amout of points. Know it's just the flat rate of 30 dollars for everything, but I don't know if you can consider it a bargin.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by bailey5697
Can anyone give me some info on DisneyQuest? Is it worth the $30, for something to do at night? What age group do you think this is good for?:confused:

If you like arcades, it's heaven. They have both new releases and old school, not to mention all the virtual reality stuuf and simulators.

taholden

I really enjoyed my visit to Disneyquest during my last visit. NakedMickey is right that the place is meant for video game fans, but these games aren't the typical ones you see at the arcade. There is a whitewater raft game where you actually get in a whitewater raft(don't worry the water is all on the screen), and a series of hydraulic lifts under the raft give you a feeling of rising up and down swells and travelling through the rapids as you use your oars to paddle the boat in a specific direction. That is just one example of the types of games they have at disneyquest. They are all alot more interactive than your typical stand in one spot and move a joystick game.

Hope that helps!

Experiment627

It is a good way to spend a couple of hours. After a marathon shopping trip in Downtown Disney, I convinced my wife to at least go in there and take a look around (admission is free with Ultimate Park Hopper passes, so it didn't cost us anything), and we ended up spending about 3 hours there. It is much more than just a a video arcade; the interactive games like Pirates of the Carribean and the Buzz Lightyear bumper car games were a lot of fun, even for my wife, who doesn't like videogames. On the Buzz Lightyear game, she drove and I worked the cannon, and we scored 3 hits without getting hit ourselves. :)

But yeah, I recommend it if you will be in Downtown Disney and have some time to kill.

Hi. I guess you were thinking about taking your 6 year old huh? I would say unless it is a free option on your admission ticket etc. then forget it. It is really geared for the pre teen age and up. I think some of the rides have height restrictions and some are pretty nauseating like the roller coaster simulator and that jungle cruise thing. They do have tons of arcade games but let me tell you its all you want for as long as you want. So lots of bigger teenagers, I must say one of mine included, will never leave no matter how long the line is at some of the games etc. Some are not your easy typical chuckie cheese type stuff but harder. There is one my kids love where you drive a car and look for hidden treasure. You only have the screen to look at. The Pirates of the Caribbean one is like a 3d virtual reality thing and my one bunch went on the alladin carpet. They said they didnt like it. I did do the create zone several times with the kids. You can try to draw a disney cartoon, sing a karaoke type song and buy it if you want and you can create a toy from like sid in toy story and buy it. I asked a little girl and she said it was $10. I don't think it was worth it. You can morph your face at some place. That was funny. We were all laughing hysterically. The mighty ducks pinball requires alot of coordination etc. What my DH and I usually do is hide in the cheesecake factory upstairs and have brownies and strawberry smoothies and let the kids go wild. I do feel its a little sensory overload if you ask me. You can go to the contemporary arcade. My kids think that place is awesome too. They all get a roll of quarters if it is raining. They know that is one of our rainy time activities. You might want to consider mini golf instead. Cheaper for sure.

josh_e_washie

I agree with the others, Disney Quest is definately worth 30 dollars if you are a big arcade or video games fan. It's also a pretty good deal if it is a rainy, stormy day and you don't want to go to a park (why you wouldn't, I don't know!:hammer: ) So check it out...i mean what have you got to lose but 30 dollars???:veryconfu :) :) :) :) :)

TravisMT81

I am not a big video game fan but I went when my brother and his girlfriend was down. We paid 15 dollars (cm rate). I wasn't that excited to go but I thought it would be good to know what I was talking about when guest asked about it at my resort. Anyway sorry to sidetrack, but I had such a blast. Alot of fun with a group of friends. Probably one of the most memorable times we had was there.

imagineersrock

i would have to disagree with anyone who would say its just a place for videogame fans- no one in my family really is one but we still had a great family day out- we spent approx. 4 hours at disney quest and shopped, had dinner, etc. for the rest. we really did enjoy disney quest -and that even goes for my 7-year-old sister [who i should mention is generally afraid of her own shadow.] so by no means would i say that a 6 year old wouldnt thoroughly enjoy diseyquest. though i dont know if $30 is worth it, but then again neither are the $3.00 bottles of water, and the $450 hotel rooms, so what im saying is that you gotta remember that being in orlando; generally everything is overpriced. i dont think the $30 is that bad then. try it, have fun, if you dont like it then just dont go again:animwink:

-hope ya like it:cool:

ocolectr

Just went a couple of weeks ago. Had a blast! There really seemed to be a lot for everyone. The "Create Zone" had a lot of stuff a six year old might like.

And if you like good fries, make sure to get some on the 5th floor. They give you this HUGE basket full for under $2.

Look forward to going back!

DisneyWonders07

Oh DisneyQuest is a lot of fun! It's creative, innovative, and it's probably one of the best places to create fun memories with your friends and family!:)

crazy4mandms

I def want to do this.....when is the best time of the day/week to go? I've heard that it is packed w/local teenagers weekend nights...is this bothersome? Was thinking of doing this the day we arrived on Sunday........(BTW..ticketmania.com has discount tix, I've ordered tix from them and they are a great service!)

Figment1986

The nreason why it works only at WDW and not in chicago or philly where ity was under cionstructiion was the age group it was geered to, oarents could drop their kids off and go to pleasure island and then pick them up a little latter and go back to the room or where ever.

GenerationX

Anyone who spent a lot of time in arcades in the early-mid 80's will love the floor with the retro games. All of the classics (Defender, Berzerk!, Asteroids, Centipede, etc.) - no quarters required. I must've spent two hours playing the old games. :cool:

celestia

I really enjoyed disneyquest, but it is not fun at all to go alone (i made that mistake!) I must admit though, the part that i loved the most was the elevator with Genie from Aladdin, and the Wonderland Cafe/cheesecake factory (the internet cafe was fairly posh, i was surprised!)

Moustronaut

Originally posted by celestia
I must admit though, the part that i loved the most was the elevator with Genie from Aladdin

Oh man I totally forgot about that part. My wife and I went there the day after we rode ToT the first time. When the Genie first shows up with that "shocking electical" sound they use in ToT, I thought oh great, what are they gonna do to me now. :lol:

But we both had a great time there. I liked the interactive VR games. My wife loved the classic 80's video games. We both loved Cyberspace Mountain. We must have designed like 5 coasters in a row. :D

Brooke

DisneyQuest is a lot of fun, but it is MUCH more enjoyable when it is less busy. I've been there many times on weekends where I had to wait forever just to play Pac Man!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom