Disneyland's Rise Of The Resistance - Reviews, Criticism, Deep Thoughts

Rich T

To each their own. I like the new movies. New Hope is still my favourite, but I much prefer the new films over Jedi by miles. Empire is great, but has some big flaws thanks to Lucas.

With most families drawn to the new trilogy and not some movies from over 40 years ago, I think this was a smart choice. Kylo Ren is my favourite Star Wars character and leaving the best character out of a land which celebrates the entire franchise would be a shame.
Nicely put, but—I’m sorry—Dex Jettster is the best character in the franchise. 😃

On a more (relatively) serious note, I really believe that most familes would pick OT over IgerSW, just as they’d pick the Wizard of Oz over Oz the Great and Terrible. Maybe I’m wong. One way or another, though, I have a feeling any decisions regarding the future focus of Galaxy’s Edge will depend on merchandise sales more than anything else.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I can’t tell you how many people still stand in front of Galaxy Edge’s MANY stages, just waiting for something to happen. It’s sad at this point. A lightsaber battle would be most welcome! Sign the check anytime, Bob!

Eh, these are the same people who rush to the big giant door next to the First Order ship to get a picture in front of it as if it were something special other than a big wall with mottled grey paint.

Mickeyboof

Eh, these are the same people who rush to the big giant door next to the First Order ship to get a picture in front of it as if it were something special other than a big wall with mottled grey paint.

Nah. I was one of those people, my first two visits back at DL opening. I’ve never taken a photo in front of a wall, but I certainly have waited at the foot of a “stage” to watch a show (which up until that point was an expected and confirmed).

I learned, though!

George Lucas on a Bench

It is really odd that AT-AT on the one side has no movement. I can't get over that. But I definitely continue to warm up to the ride. It has some pretty cool things going for it.

:cool:

I think the AT AT scene would be odd if they moved. It's in a bay of a spaceship. Why would it be moving around? Actually, shouldn't they be secured in case of turbulence? One big hit and just one of those things losing balance could cause billions of credits in damage for no reason other than lack of safeguarding. I guess I can buy that there'd be guys stationed inside because everyone needs something to do on a big spaceship. It's fine that they don't move. I actually question it less.

BubbaQuest

I will say that the long waits in the pre-show bits kind of take the wind out of the sails of the storytelling a bit.

Was thinking the same thing. Waiting 3 minutes to be "interrogated" while people in Disney sweatshirts walk by taking selfies kinda breaks the illusions for me.

That aside, I am really impressed based on the videos. I'm blown away with how much more happens after the stormtrooper reveal. Way to go Disney. This will entice to make a trip back to the parks, and I couldn't say that about Galaxy's Edge.

Last edited:

Mickeyboof

Was thinking the same thing. Waiting 3 minutes to be "interrogated" while people in Disney sweatshirts walk by talking selfies kinda breaks the illusions for me.

That aside, I am really impressed based on the videos. I'm blown away with how much more happens after the stormtrooper reveal. Way to go Disney. This will entice to make a trip back to the parks, and I couldn't say that about Galaxy's Edge.

Depends on the experience. Our group had an amazing First Order CM who spent the time quizzing us on our assigned color, positions, and truly truly intimidating us as we waited.

mickEblu

Does anyone ever really forget where they truly are when on a ride or in a queue? Not me. Well, my memory does fade a bit every now and then... ;)

Suspending disbelief is really a weird psychological thing. Nobody really forgets they re at Disneyland and don’t think most people are trying to. The better designed attractions and queues can help us play along a little better. We just subconsciously Know if something feels “authentic.”

Disneyhead'71

Does anyone ever really forget where they truly are when on a ride or in a queue? Not me. Well, my memory does fade a bit every now and then... ;)
You mean going beyond the suspension of disbelief into actually believing?

Ummmm, nope. Never.

To be honest, I don't even do the suspension of disbelief thing. I'm always too busy analysing the craft of themed entertainment.

mickEblu

I think I like Rey more “without makeup” ...

Actually I know.
DA98F4FC-9719-475F-8128-58C6502499D2.jpeg

BasiltheBatLord

I think the AT AT scene would be odd if they moved. It's in a bay of a spaceship. Why would it be moving around? Actually, shouldn't they be secured in case of turbulence? One big hit and just one of those things losing balance could cause billions of credits in damage for no reason other than lack of safeguarding. I guess I can buy that there'd be guys stationed inside because everyone needs something to do on a big spaceship. It's fine that they don't move. I actually question it less.
I know it's a theme park attraction and everything and we're not supposed to overthink things, but it actually strikes me as really unrealistic that some dude would decide to fire an AT-AT cannon inside of his own ship. That'd be like firing a missile inside an aircraft carrier.

George Lucas on a Bench

I know it's a theme park attraction and everything and we're not supposed to overthink things, but it actually strikes me as really unrealistic that some dude would decide to fire an AT-AT cannon inside of his own ship. That'd be like firing a missile inside an aircraft carrier.

I agree. They must have discontinued those ray shields from Episode III by the time of these movies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom