Disneyland's Marketing Strategy for 2020??? Because 2019 Was A Mess!

DanielBB8

It wasn’t entirely hypothetical. When they made Tomorrowland mostly Star Wars, it had quite the attendance. Something happened along the way to Batuu.

Stripes

If it weren’t for the fact that I got motion sick about 25 seconds into the attraction, and hence could think of nothing else but getting off as soon as possible, I probably would’ve enjoyed the attraction.

There’s nothing wrong with the placement of controls, Hondo, etc.

Ryan120420

Top 3

1. Space Mountain
2. Incredicoaster
3. Soarin' over the World

Gee, what is missing?

In terms of roller coasters, Xcelerator IMO is still the best in Orange County.

How someone could rank Soarin over Racers, Indy, Splash, Mansion, Guardians, LogRide, MineRide and Pirates is mind boggling. Who the hell came up with that list?

BrianLo

I wonder how they are going to handle the marketing of Resistance finally opening in 2020.

Do they admit the land has already been open for over six months and tout it as a "new addition!", or do they pretend Star Wars Land is still brand new and tout it as part of a broader "Come to Disneyland to see Star Wars!" message?

Star Wars Land is now Fully open!
New Ride, New Magic and No Reservations!
Ahora!

Phroobar

I bet they raise prices again right before RotR opens. Bean counters never learn. They will probably make it fast pass only and raise the price on the max pass that will bypass the regular fastpass line.

RobWDW1971

In terms of roller coasters, Xcelerator IMO is still the best in Orange County.

How someone could rank Soarin over Racers, Indy, Splash, Mansion, Guardians, LogRide, MineRide and Pirates is mind boggling. Who the hell came up with that list?
GhostRider by far. Still recovering from multiple kidney injuries when I road it last.

shambolicdefending

I bet they raise prices again right before RotR opens.
I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd actually consider this good news. I've always said that I'd happily pay higher prices if it meant significantly lower crowds when I visited. But, my assumption has been that Disney doesn't really want to offer that trade off, so they'll hold off on significant increases for a year or two while they work on packing the place with warm bodies again.

DrAlice

From the Disney market research part of the conversation:
Remember that Disney makes the questions, and many times don't ask the right ones.

This. A colleague of mine likes to remind us all that "You count what you care about and you care about what you count." So, yeah, it's great to have research, but if you aren't complete in your research, it isn't worth much in the grand scheme of things.

DrAlice

Those like you will never know the joy of seeing your seven-year-old ride Indiana Jones for the first time... or seeing him throw a public tantrum 10 minutes later when the ol' Disneyland sleep shortage kicks in.
Don't forget the "oh no... we're THOSE parents" feeling while said kid is throwing the public tantrum. Some of y'all bash the Little Mermaid ride, but that ride was the only thing that got my screaming kid to calm down enough so that we could stop and get some food in her to fix her episode of epic "hangries".

The joys of parenting... hahaha

George Lucas on a Bench

Stolen from Reddit.

e1gjgl5imtn31.jpg

They're already raising the prices on everything.

BubbaQuest

Stolen from Reddit.

View attachment 412527

Someone please tell me this is a joke! $14 for a beer? I usually don't pay attention to prices, especially on vacation, but $14 for a beer?!!!! I could get a handcrafted top shelf martini for that price and I wouldn't have to wait 20 minutes for it and sit next to screaming guests through of all it. Who is the customer for this other than "I'll try it once but I'm never paying this much again"?

TP2000

Original Poster
Stolen from Reddit.

View attachment 412527

What?!?

My gosh, they really do have some guts, don't they? I was considering heading to the parks next week to see the Halloween stuff and the latest construction and maybe try and wink my way past the militant hostess at the Cantina to have a drink, but now I am rethinking that.

My bank account is solvent, and I've paid just north of $20 for a finely crafted cocktail in Tokyo or Los Angeles. But $16 for a "Jet Juice" that is just Maker's and some accoutrements, served by a sloppy Disneyland CM transferred from Tomorrowland Terrace who couldn't properly atomize Dolin Blanc if their life depended on it? No way in heck.

But are you headed to Tokyo? Do you take a nip now and then? Do NOT miss a visit to Bar High Five, downstairs in the basement, via a two-person capacity elevator, off a back alley near the Ginza. The absolute best bar I've ever been to! Around 25,000 to 35,000 Yen per cocktail, but honestly the service and style and craftsmanship and intricate quality makes it worth it. http://www.barhighfive.com/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom