Disneyland's Adventureland VS Magic Kingdom's Adventureland

Disneyland's Adventureland or Magic Kingdom's Adventureland?

• Total voters

Animaniac93-98

This is one of the more flattering shots of MK's Adventureland. It looks better when you can't see the Aladdin stuff

IMG_3091-L.jpg

kevlightyear

This one was hard for me. Tarzan's treehouse I think beats Swiss Family Robinson. Jungle Cruise and Tiki room are close enough to be washes. I really like Caribbean plaza and the MK pirates building/queue is superior to DL. Magic Carpets is poorly placed, but it's still an ok attraction. What I don't like about DL Adventureland is how congested it always seems. The attractions seem cramped together as well. Indy is obviously stellar and unmatched by anything in MK adventureland, but is it enough to tip the scales? In the end, the citrus swirl was enough to give MK the slightest of edges. :)

ThemeParkTraveller

Magic Carpets is poorly placed, but it's still an ok attraction.

I agree that the biggest issue with Magic Carpets is its location right in the middle of Adventureland. Because of its kinetic nature, it ends up dominating the entire atmosphere of that area and detracts from the other themed elements which share that space. The second issue for me is that MK already has 3 other spinners, making a 4th seem rather unoriginal/redundant. I realize spinners are attractive options to increase park capacity because of their small footprint, but that doesn't mean they should be added wherever there is space.

TDS is an example of an Aladdin-themed spinner done correctly. In addition to looking much more ornate and opulent than other spinners, it's also located in the outermost edge of the park so that it doesn't compete for attention with the the rest of the land.

1600px-Tokyo_DisneySea_The_Magic_Carpets_of_Aladdin_201306.jpg

mmelka

Up until a few weeks ago, Disneyland jumped from some kind of Polynesian tropical tiki theme to a brief glimpse of middle eastern/Arabia to African/South American jungle. Not quite cohesive there either.

I haven't been to DL in quite a while. Going for the first time in a few weeks, so perhaps I have a different version of it in my head as a younger child.

Jedi Stitch

But for some reason, the Agrabah plaza is mixed in with the Polynessian plaza...
It is even worse, if you think about it. You start with the quaint Safari style buildings the Adventurers Canteen and then you open up into Aragaba, with flying carpets, then Slap, Polynesian, boom the African Safari is back in a cruise, then its the Caribbean.

eddie104

Why is that these type of threads only exist in the DL forum ??? I guess WDW posters have more important things to worry about. Just to be clear i was being kind of shady towards this board because you guys seem kind of obsessed with putting MK down. I love both parks equally however WDW is my home park.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Why is that these type of threads only exist in the DL forum ??? I guess WDW posters have more important things to worry about. Just to be clear i was being kind of shady towards this board because you guys seem kind of obsessed with putting MK down. I love both parks equally however WDW is my home park.

I’ve been around these boards for six years now. These types of threads are way more common outside of the DL forum.

The question is, why are taking something fun like this so seriously? Relax.

lacrosse nut

Relax...I deleted my post so as not to offend anyone on the boards.. It was a response to a comparison of the two lands. And I have been on the boards quite awhile myself.. No one said they didn't enjoy disney.. WDW is an expensive vacation but it is filled with passion by many for the experience. My wife was a cast member and we have been attending since the early 90's.. I will refrain from posting on these boards in the future since opinions upset people... no disrespect was intended.. sorry

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom