Disneyland's Adventureland VS Magic Kingdom's Adventureland

Disneyland's Adventureland or Magic Kingdom's Adventureland?

• Total voters

dweezil78

The pacing and scene placement is much better in DL than MK. In the DL original there's something to look at around every corner. Except for the cool indoor section the MK version is sad in comparison.

Yeah... see I guess that's why I prefer MK's more. It's not quite so condensed and has more breathing room. You feel like you're actually traveling a substantial distance along a river and not just zigzagging in a loop from scene to scene like DL's. The plant life there also benefits from the wetter tropical Florida weather which gives it a greener, lusher look with a bit more variety.

Just a matter of personal taste really, it's a bit dramatic to label it 'sad' just because it isn't as crammed and lacks some stuff from DL but has some of its own unique scenes. Neither version is that far off from one another.

Disneylover152

I prefer Disneyland's Adventureland overall, but I prefer Florida's Jungle Cruise.

California's Jungle Cruise I enjoyed for the history, but it feels too quick and it feels like you are in a theme park. Florida's (the only part of their Adventureland that doesn't make you feel like your in a tourism theme park), is really green with trees and various plant life. Disney World's feels like you are on a Jungle Cruise in the middle of a jungle. The humidity, the plants, everything about it. Disneyland's is rushed to quick and feels like a theme park attraction.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Yeah... see I guess that's why I prefer MK's more. It's not quite so condensed and has more breathing room. You feel like you're actually traveling a substantial distance along a river and not just zigzagging in a loop from scene to scene like DL's. The plant life there also benefits from the wetter tropical Florida weather which gives it a greener, lusher look with a bit more variety.

Just a matter of personal taste really, it's a bit dramatic to label it 'sad' just because it isn't as crammed and lacks some stuff from DL but has some of its own unique scenes. Neither version is that far off from one another.

Nah, it’s sad. Like TP2000 said it’s missing a lot of the effects that the DL version has gotten over the years and the scenes and prop placement are poor. The foliage was also pretty beaten up after the hurricane so the sense of immersion is compromised. Pretty sure you’re not supposed to see those fences and where the jungle ends.

dweezil78

Nah, it’s sad. Like TP2000 said it’s missing a lot of the effects that the DL version has gotten over the years and the scenes and prop placement are poor. The foliage was also pretty beaten up after the hurricane so the sense of immersion is compromised. Pretty sure you’re not supposed to see those fences and where the jungle ends.

Nah. For a ride pretty void of any noteworthy effects, I feel like you're stretchin' hard here. And damage from a storm happens and is a bummer, but again, sad? Unfortunate, but life goes on and greenery grows back in quickly in those parts.

Last edited:

EPCOTCenterLover

Being on both within a month, I agree with shortstop on the waterfall. DL's was dismally small, just more than a couple of trickles almost. Not really, but you get the point.

Phroobar

The Magic Kingdom's back side of water might be more impressive but it's Disneyland's front side of rock is more colorful and should not be taken for granite.

junglecruise_falls_dl2005ah.jpg

junglecruise_falls_wdw2009ww.jpg

Last edited:

ThemeParkTraveller

Thank the Disney Gods that Disneyland's Adventureland isn't bigger than it is because if that's the case Eisner would have ruined it with an Agrabah in the middle of it.

Depends on how much bigger you're talking about. Agrabah works well in DLP's more expansive Adventureland and transitions nicely into the Caribbean and African-themed areas around it.

Disneylover152

Depends on how much bigger you're talking about. Agrabah works well in DLP's more expansive Adventureland and transitions nicely into the Caribbean and African-themed areas around it.

If it had enough room to fit a Magic Carpets of Aladdin spinner, Eisner would have plopped it in.

dweezil78

WDW's problem for AL is that they don't have a cohesive theme, what part of the world am I ini?

Up until a few weeks ago, Disneyland jumped from some kind of Polynesian tropical tiki theme to a brief glimpse of middle eastern/Arabia to African/South American jungle. Not quite cohesive there either.

Disneylover152

Up until a few weeks ago, Disneyland jumped from some kind of Polynesian tropical tiki theme to a brief glimpse of middle eastern/Arabia to African/South American jungle. Not quite cohesive there either.

The middle eastern area was very limited to one section of the land, and the only Arabian architecture was the entrance to the Aladdin's Oasis. Much less jarring then having three vastly different architectural styles right next to eachother.

Also, Tarzan's Treehouse doesn't scream Africa like the Caribbean Plaza screams Caribbean. It just all flows together much better than Disney World's IMO.

dweezil78

The middle eastern area was very limited to one section of the land, and the only Arabian architecture was the entrance to the Aladdin's Oasis. Much less jarring then having three vastly different architectural styles right next to eachother.

Also, Tarzan's Treehouse doesn't scream Africa like the Caribbean Plaza screams Caribbean. It just all flows together much better than Disney World's IMO.

I think you just feel it more at MK because the land is just substantially larger. I've never felt any of it to be jarring though, with the exception of the lame magic carpet spinner they plopped down in the middle of it all. I'm personally a big fan of the British Colonial elements of MK's Adventureland -- especially the transition from Main St. to Adventureland which I think they do a great job of there w/ the Crystal Palace bridging it together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom