Disneyland's Adventureland VS Magic Kingdom's Adventureland

Disneyland's Adventureland or Magic Kingdom's Adventureland?

• Total voters

Rich T

EDIT: actually TL prob wins at MK
DL has the best Space Mtn., the more enjoyable Autopia/Speedway--and Star Tours--, but I still can't imagine anyone voting for DL's TL in its current state. Both versions are about equal in awkward Pixar intrusions, but MK's doesn't literally have a rotting pile of junk sprawling across the entire land.

UpAllNight

I think this is the weakest land in all Disney castle parks in my opinion. Cosmetically, Paris takes some beating again however I find all versions lacking on the ride front, even if it’s quantity.

NateD1226

DL has the best Space Mtn., the more enjoyable Autopia/Speedway--and Star Tours--, but I still can't imagine anyone voting for DL's TL in its current state. Both versions are about equal in awkward Pixar intrusions, but MK's doesn't literally have a rotting pile of junk sprawling across the entire land.
I agree! Disneyland has a way better Space Mountain! The double seat per row in my opinion is better than the single seat per row. Star Tours I heard was exactly the same as the one is WDW. I'm just waiting for that big overhaul in the Autopia/Nemo area to get something amazing.

Phroobar

I say we send out the head hunters to hunt down those that think MK Adventureland is superior to Disneyland's. Who's with me?!

native-restless-dance.gif

TP2000

I'm not sure you can call AL at DL a "land." It's just so small. Indy is awesome though.

That seems silly. Using that criteria it would also mean Liberty Square is not a land, nor is New Orleans Square or Critter Country. And Mickey's Toontown is also not a land with that criteria.

Magic Kingdom Park's Adventureland is wider and more spread out, as is most of Magic Kingdom Park vs. Disneyland. But Magic Kingdom's Adventureland doesn't have much there, there.

Disneyland's Tiki Room is better than Magic Kingdom's, Disneyland's Jungle Cruise is more updated and better than Magic Kingdom's, and instead of an Aladdin spinner Disneyland has Indiana Jones Adventure. The Robinson/Tarzan Treehouse is a wash, it works in both parks. I'll take that Disneyland attraction roster in Adventureland over wider walkways any day.

ThemeParkTraveller

One thing worth noting, especially to the DL'ers who don't travel east... WDW's Animal Kingdom pretty much took the Adventureland concept and went completely all-in with it there. So if you are a AL fan and have never been, you should make a point to get out there someday.

Very true. The entire park basically feels like one giant Adventureland with the exception of the Dinoland area.

dweezil78

Disneyland's Tiki Room is better than Magic Kingdom's, Disneyland's Jungle Cruise is more updated and better than Magic Kingdom's

Not sure I really agree with either of those... For what MK's Tiki Room lacks in an actual fountain and less varied pre-show (but still fun and different), they do have a really cool exterior, a more grandiose interior, and cool Trader Sam's like windows with volcanos and real water for the rain. Maybe not better, but pretty equal footing IMO.

Likewise, MK's Jungle Cruise has a pretty cool queue and I honestly don't find anything on the ride all that much more out of date than anything on ours -- plus they have the temple show building portion which I think gives it the edge.

Stevek

I clicked on the wrong vote ahead...would take Disneyland's over WDW.

WDW has a bit more space and I really like the part of their Jungle Cruise that goes indoors but our Tiki Room and Indy along with the overall more "adventurous" feel of DL's wins for me.

Animaniac93-98

Not sure I really agree with either of those... For what MK's Tiki Room lacks in an actual fountain and less varied pre-show (but still fun and different), they do have a really cool exterior, a more grandiose interior, and cool Trader Sam's like windows with volcanos and real water for the rain. Maybe not better, but pretty equal footing IMO.

Yes, the whole Sunshine Pavilion (which feels like an extension of the Polynesian across the lagoon) is better looking than Disneyland's Tiki Room. The lack of fountain and shorter run time are the only things against it compared to California.

Likewise, MK's Jungle Cruise has a pretty cool queue and I honestly don't find anything on the ride all that much more out of date than anything on ours -- plus they have the temple show building portion which I think gives it the edge.

This too. I also like the order of the scenes in MK better, where the elephant bathing pool comes after you exit the temple. More cinematic that way. Marc Davis' design for the Head Salesman is also more appropriate for the tone and visual style of the ride.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes

The preshow and enhanced interior effects are cool but the unforgivable lack of fountain and jarring edits kill it for me.

The pacing and scene placement is much better in DL than MK. In the DL original there's something to look at around every corner. Except for the cool indoor section the MK version is sad in comparison.

EricsBiscuit

That seems silly. Using that criteria it would also mean Liberty Square is not a land, nor is New Orleans Square or Critter Country. And Mickey's Toontown is also not a land with that criteria.

Magic Kingdom Park's Adventureland is wider and more spread out, as is most of Magic Kingdom Park vs. Disneyland. But Magic Kingdom's Adventureland doesn't have much there, there.

Disneyland's Tiki Room is better than Magic Kingdom's, Disneyland's Jungle Cruise is more updated and better than Magic Kingdom's, and instead of an Aladdin spinner Disneyland has Indiana Jones Adventure. The Robinson/Tarzan Treehouse is a wash, it works in both parks. I'll take that Disneyland attraction roster in Adventureland over wider walkways any day.
i know it was a joke
WDW is a watered-down touristy version of DL.
WDW as a whole is better than DLR

NiarrNDisney

WDW's Magic Kingdom gets my vote though I do wish it had another ride. Disneylands is small and a crammed bottle neck of a land. Yes it has a couple of things going for it namely Indiana Jones Temple of Doom as well as Bengal Barbecue but KM's is just magnificent.

TP2000

WDW's Magic Kingdom gets my vote though I do wish it had another ride. Disneylands is small and a crammed bottle neck of a land. Yes it has a couple of things going for it namely Indiana Jones Temple of Doom as well as Bengal Barbecue but KM's is just magnificent.

Well, the Magic Kingdom has only been open for 47 years and they just don't have much room in Florida for new rides. :rolleyes:

TP2000

The pacing and scene placement is much better in DL than MK. In the DL original there's something to look at around every corner. Except for the cool indoor section the MK version is sad in comparison.

It also doesn't help that I rode Tokyo's updated Jungle Cruise last year, which was based heavily on the 1970's WDW version complete with indoor temple section. But now Tokyo has massively upgraded and updated the entire ride for the 21st century, while WDW hasn't even installed the updates that Disneyland got for the 50th over a decade ago.

It also doesn't help that the last time I went on WDW's Jungle Cruise, everything seemed creaky and neglected, while the "skipper" was a rather charmless young lady with an unfortunate New York accent who just screeched into the microphone the entire trip. :eek:

My most recent WDW experience with the Jungle Cruise was one of those things where if Walt was still alive and had been on the boat with us, at least two or three Magic Kingdom Park managers would have been out of a job within a couple hours of the boat getting back to the unload dock.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom