Disneyland's Adventureland VS Magic Kingdom's Adventureland

Disneyland's Adventureland or Magic Kingdom's Adventureland?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Just like my Main Street comparison, which do you think is the better Adventureland in your opinion?

27106539397_e3ab13b3cc_b.jpg
7831054850_490677ff8a_b.jpg

31197354914_f0ec186a9f_b.jpg

Disneyland's Adventureland

33197284571_d0e1639bb3_b.jpg

6944479752_a8ffb3b36e_b.jpg

Adventureland_at_Magic_Kingdom.jpg

Magic Kingdom's Adventureland

George Lucas on a Bench

I wouldn't go that far either way. Indy's a fun ride but not a deciding factor or the best ever.

What makes DL's Adventureland superior for me is how charming it is. There's just so much crammed into such a small space it's unbelievable. The land is so slapped together it's just a wonder to behold while you're having a panic attack in the middle of an awkward crowded walkway. A lot of people preach that bigger is better citing Adventureland at TMK, which is more spread out and has a grander treehouse and benches. But it just isn't as fun. It definitely isn't as charming.

SuddenStorm

I'm not sure you can call AL at DL a "land." It's just so small. Indy is awesome though.

In all seriousness, Adventureland in DL has two huge attractions- Indiana Jones Adventure and Jungle Cruise. It also has has the Tiki Room, Bengal BBQ, Tarzan Treehouse, and Tropical Hideaway. Decent size land even if the actual path portion of it isn't huge.

Disneylover152

Disneyland.

Disneyland's has one giant South American/Polynessian combination that flows/works perfectly. While they are two different locations, they are similar enough where you can put them in the same land. It really feels like an outpost in the jungle. Plus Indiana Jones Adventure is amazing, the origin of animatronics is here, Bengal BBQ is really delicious, the stores are themed really well, Jungle Cruise is better, and it feels like the jungle. It's more tropics/jungle themed than Disney World.

Adventureland in Disneyland transitions to New Orleans and Frontierland beautifully, where it slowly transitions you into the next land so well you don't even notice. In Disney World it just abruptly changes. You go under a tunnel and one side is Adventureland and the other side is Frontierland. Or you pass a few trees and your suddenly in a new location.

Magic Kingdom also has a weird combination of three locations that are on three differet continents that none of the architecture flows into eachother. Your standing in the middle and you can see Flying Carpets in Agrabah, a Tiki Room in the Polynessian, and Pirates in the Caribbean. It just feels like whatever they thought screamed "adventure" they plopped in wherever they had room. None of those 3 themes are bad, it's just it needs more space for it to work. It just doesn't immerse you in the jungle or in the dessert.

It's like California Adventure. Buena Vista Street is really themed, Grizzly Peak is, Cars Land is, Paradise Pier is. But each land bleeds into each other which negatively affects the park. Take out the Agrabah part of the land and replace it with a jungle feel and then there could be a competition.

I still love Magic Kingdom and I love Disneyland. But, Disneyland is better. (And I'm an east-coaster)

shortstop

Magic Kingdom’s AL is one of my favorite lands anywhere. Caribbean Plaza is absolutely amazing. But it’s also much bigger and I don’t think it’s fair to hold DL’s smaller size against it. They’re equally amazing.

George Lucas on a Bench

As someone already alluded to, it's really bizarre how you enter and exit AL in TMK for whatever reason. And, again, for whatever reason, the awkward cramped slapped-together transitions at DL are just glorious. It's so subtle and genius how you transition from AL, NOS and FL in that junction. It's like they didn't really care in Florida or they had too much space to work with.

Disneylover152

Magic Kingdom’s AL is one of my favorite lands anywhere. Caribbean Plaza is absolutely amazing. But it’s also much bigger and I don’t think it’s fair to hold DL’s smaller size against it. They’re equally amazing.

As I mentioned in my post, I like each individual area of Magic Kingdom's Adventureland, but as a whole, it doesn't flow right and has too much going on compared to Disneyland's.

dweezil78

Florida is not without its own merits, but I like Disneyland's better because it feels less like a theme park -- everything really does feel all jungle like there, with the two big attractions (Jungle Cruise and Indy) well tucked away behind the overgrown trees and heavily integrated within the scenery. There are signs letting you know they are there, but beyond that, not these big huge entrances with giant slabs of concrete in front alerting you that there's a ride there like you see in MK.

But all that said, MK's AL is very WDW and, to me, that has a special charm all onto itself that is hard to put into words unless you grew up going to the park in its early days. Stuff like the Orange Bird/Citrus Swirl and Caribbean Plaza --and even that little weird connector over to Frontierland is so uniquely Florida, that I enjoy seeing it all whenever I'm out there. It really is a shame they plopped that awful spinner right in the middle though.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom