DisneylandForward

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Hate the idea of replicating rides within the US. Maybe Flight of Passage ride system could be used for a CoCo flying ride or the Cosmic Rewind system could be used for a Marvel coaster in Avengers campus

Tron is too short to merit consideration in my humble opinion
I do agree about not wanting to replicate rides from Orlando and vice versa but Cosmic Rewind for me was mind blowing. Getting to hear Everybody Wants to Rule the World twice made that ride even more better. This coming from a guy who hates spinning rides like the tea cups.

To be honest with you, I too thought Tron looked short while watching all those videos. After riding it though, it felt just right and didn’t notice it being short.

mickEblu

After visiting Disney World last week, these are the three rides I want replicated here and I don’t care if we already have a Guardians ride.
1. Cosmic Rewind
2. Tron Lightcycle
3. Avatar Flight of Passage.

I would level the Hyperion Theater and Mission Breakout in a heartbeat for Cosmic Rewind.

I think DLR could definitely use a couple of highly repeatable, experiential or thrill ride attractions. Haven’t been on any of the three rides you mentioned but they’d all fit the bill. Of the three I’d prefer Cosmic Rewind. Clones be damned. Ideally it would be a different theme but I’d take it as is. Certainly sounds more exciting than the Avengers ride they’re planning for Avengers Campus. Considering land at DLR is at a premium I’d probably pass on Tron and I’ll take my chances on the unique Avatar E ticket boat ride over FOP.

Last edited:

MagicWDI

Cosmic Rewind is probably the most fun ride experience I've been on, overall, ever! I was truly in awe the entire ride, including preshow. But I say keep it at Epcot. It's also so massive of an attraction footprint, I literally can't see it fitting anywhere at the DLR. Honestly, it's huge. And if you'd have to downsize it, I believe it would take away from the overall experience. So might as well let Epcot keep this a unique experience. Not to mention, I despise clones within the States.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

I think DLR could definitely use a couple of highly repeatable, experiential or thrill ride attractions. Haven’t been on any of the three rides you mentioned but they’d all fit the bill. Of the three I’d prefer Cosmic Rewind. Clones be damned. Ideally it would be a different theme but I’d take it as is. Certainly sounds more exciting than the Avengers ride they’re planning for Avengers Campus. Considering land at DLR is at a premium I’d probably pass on Tron and I’ll take my chances on the unique Avatar E ticket boat ride over FOP.
From what we are hearing for the Avengers ride compared to Cosmic Rewind, Cosmic Rewind is so much better. I got to go on it three times during this trip and I’m still missing it everyday. It’s sad because I’m watching videos on YouTube to relive it.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Cosmic Rewind is probably the most fun ride experience I've been on, overall, ever! I was truly in awe the entire ride, including preshow. But I say keep it at Epcot. It's also so massive of an attraction footprint, I literally can't see it fitting anywhere at the DLR. Honestly, it's huge. And if you'd have to downsize it, I believe it would take away from the overall experience. So might as well let Epcot keep this a unique experience. Not to mention, I despise clones within the States.
It’s the best ride ever which totally threw me off. I had no idea I’d love this ride so much. Coming in I was like yeah we got the better Guardians ride at DCA but I was obviously wrong. The show building is probably the size of Gardenwalk. I say Disney rethinks and buys that property and levels it just for that one ride. I know it will never happen but one can always dream.

Last edited:

NobodyElse

The shoe building is probably the size of Gardenwalk.

This one's more reasonably sized.
1716562027328.png

;)

MistaDee

It’s the best ride ever which totally threw me off. I had no idea I’d love this ride so much. Coming in I was like yeah we got the better Guardians ride at DCA but I was obviously wrong. The show building is probably the size of Gardenwalk. I say Disney rethinks and buys that property and levels it just for that one ride. I know it will never happen but one can always dream.

What made it the best/most fun ride experience for you guys? I agree with @mickEblu that the ride system seems like a better fit for Avengers than this Peter Pan system.

I also think that expansion pad behind Mission Breakout is just about the only place left in the DLR that could feasibly fit a Cosmic Rewind sized show building.

PS "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" is a banger for sure

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I also think that expansion pad behind Mission Breakout is just about the only place left in the DLR that could feasibly fit a Cosmic Rewind sized show building.
With all the land now available on the west side of the Resort thanks to DisneylandForward I believe there are plenty of spaces they can fit a Cosmic Rewind sized show building. Heck check the Simba lot size, they could probably fit two and we could have dueling coasters, not that I think that Disney would ever do that but there is space there.

MistaDee

With all the land now available on the west side of the Resort thanks to DisneylandForward I believe there are plenty of spaces they can fit a Cosmic Rewind sized show building. Heck check the Simba lot size, they could probably fit two and we could have dueling coasters, not that I think that Disney would ever do that but there is space there.

Nowhere would be as suitable as the plot within DCA

The DisneylandForward plots are so thin that they'd be completely dominated by a showbuilding of that size, particularly given the height limits. You could do it but it'd be a squeeze, to a far greater degree than next to Carsland/tower of terror

Jiggsawpuzzle35

What made it the best/most fun ride experience for you guys? I agree with @mickEblu that the ride system seems like a better fit for Avengers than this Peter Pan system.

PS "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" is a banger for sure
I’m a sucker for rollercoaster rides in dark show buildings. Obviously this ride was Space mountain on steroids. As someone who really can’t handle spinning rides anymore, this one took me by surprise as I was not nauseous at all. For a ride that fast, this was probably the smoothest rollercoaster I have ever been on. The soundtrack just put it over the edge. They literally added a giant rollercoaster in the middle of a circle vision theatre.

J4546

I’m a sucker for rollercoaster rides in dark show buildings. Obviously this ride was Space mountain on steroids. As someone who really can’t handle spinning rides anymore, this one took me by surprise as I was not nauseous at all. For a ride that fast, this was probably the smoothest rollercoaster I have ever been on. The soundtrack just put it over the edge. They literally added a giant rollercoaster in the middle of a circle vision theatre.
yeah i too was surprised i didnt get sick feeling on this coaster, it was just sooo smooth imo by tummy was fine with it. I get nauseous on space mountain, incredicoaster and a few others

Jiggsawpuzzle35

yeah i too was surprised i didnt get sick feeling on this coaster, it was just sooo smooth imo by tummy was fine with it. I get nauseous on space mountain, incredicoaster and a few others
I did go on it back to back once though and I probably should have waited an hour in between both rides but I still didn’t get. The only Disney rollercoaster rides I dread going on are The Matterhorn and Magic Kingdom’s Space Mountain. It feels like someone kicked the crap out of me after riding them.

mickEblu

I did go on it back to back once though and I probably should have waited an hour in between both rides but I still didn’t get. The only Disney rollercoaster rides I dread going on are The Matterhorn and Magic Kingdom’s Space Mountain. It feels like someone kicked the crap out of me after riding them.

I have a slipped disk (I think it’s called) in my lumbar region that gets aggravated if the wind blows the wrong way and yet I still have to get my quarterly ride on the Matterhorn out of respect.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

I have a slipped disk (I think it’s called) in my lumbar region that gets aggravated if the wind blows the wrong way and yet I still have to get my quarterly ride on the Matterhorn out of respect.
My younger son hasn’t been on it because he’s not a big fan of rollercoaster in general. But this last trip to Disney World he finally loved Big Thunder ( after crying each time he went on it the last two years) and then Everest (after crying on the first ride). I’ll see if he wants to go on the Matterhorn and if he does, I’ll suck it up and go on it again.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Nowhere would be as suitable as the plot within DCA

The DisneylandForward plots are so thin that they'd be completely dominated by a showbuilding of that size, particularly given the height limits. You could do it but it'd be a squeeze, to a far greater degree than next to Carsland/tower of terror
There is a difference between feasible, which you originally used, and suitable. You can feasibly fit the Cosmic Rewind show building, as its ~92k sqft, in any of the DisneylandForward plots. As for whether that is suitable or not will depend on what plans Disney actually has for those plots of land, but it can fit.

As for the height limits, as was discussed elsewhere (I think the Avatar thread), its not as severe as some think it is. With the set back and facades covering it you could conceivably put any number of large structures, including a tall show building like Cosmic Rewind, in any of the DisneylandForward plots.

While I think it would be cool to have Cosmic Rewind, or a variation of it, in Avengers Campus there is nothing stopping Disney from using it with a different theme elsewhere in DisneylandForward.

BrianLo

Only measuring the exact acreage of the buildings envelop (no roads, backstage, guest facing landings and frontage) Cosmic Rewind buildings are 4.5 acres. The plot in question is 3.0 acres and could not even be 100 percent optimized that way to be used for exclusively the show building(s). Certainly optimization could be achieved in the building itself because I don't think the old Universe of Energy building is used very well - with multi-level queues, but it's really not enough space without cutting corners to fit in that space.

The Pan building at TDS is 2 acres, about the correct amount of space accounting for backstage, roads, etc.

Last edited:

BrianLo

I noticed on the city of Anaheim website they mention parking structures East and North. Does North mean the CM lot on Ball and Harbor?

mickEblu

Only measuring the exact acreage of the buildings envelop (no roads, backstage, guest facing landings and frontage) Cosmic Rewind buildings are 4.5 acres. The plot in question is 3.0 acres and could not even be 100 percent optimized that way to be used for exclusively the show building(s). Certainly optimization could be achieved in the building itself because I don't think the old Universe of Energy building is used very well - with multi-level queues, but it's really not enough space without cutting corners to fit in that space.

The Pan building at TDS is 2 acres, about the correct amount of space accounting for backstage, roads, etc.

Take the Hyperion. You can have it. Now do we have enough room?

BrianLo

Take the Hyperion. You can have it. Now do we have enough room?

Ya, that would probably be more equivalent if the elevated launch tunnel ran behind Mission breakout.

You'd need to take out Animation for the land to make any lick of sense - which I think is supposed to happen with Pandora?

They aren't doing this, but yes in theory in the armchair imagineer world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom