DisneylandForward

Phroobar

8n32cd.jpg

CaptinEO

My favorite line of the day from the LA Times...

How refreshing that the mayor of Anaheim has come to the somehow unexpected realization that Disneyland investment benefits the city.

Night and day from Jose Moreno who was bashing Disney while taking money from them.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
My favorite line of the day from the LA Times...

How refreshing that the mayor of Anaheim has come to the somehow unexpected realization that Disneyland investment benefits the city.

It seemed to be the conclusion all of the council came to last night. At least two or three of them said they came to the meeting skeptical about the project, but Disney seemed to satisfy them with their concessions and assurances that they will follow through with what they are promising.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
So I'm not exactly clear on this, hopefully someone can explain. The actual theme park expansion here will be connected to both parks? Will it be a separate park? How will that work with admission?

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
"develop new theme park..."

"Allow Disney" are the key words. It was made clear in the meeting that this is a rezoning proposal. It allows Disney to do what they want with the land they own. Theme park space is just one option. It COULD be a third gate, but most of what Disney has been showing as theoretical has been expansion of the existing parks, not a new one.

fgmnt

So I'm not exactly clear on this, hopefully someone can explain. The actual theme park expansion here will be connected to both parks? Will it be a separate park? How will that work with admission?
Absolutely nothing is locked in on what will happen to the property here yet; this is just a rezoning to let them improve the land with much more latitude than they used to have.

mattpeto

"Allow Disney" are the key words. It was made clear in the meeting that this is a rezoning proposal. It allows Disney to do what they want with the land they own. Theme park space is just one option. It COULD be a third gate, but most of what Disney has been showing as theoretical has been expansion of the existing parks, not a new one.
I don't think Disney is going to blow this opportunity.

There will be a 3rd theme park in Anaheim is my take.

SSG

While this is good news, nothing very interesting for theme park fans will happen for a good long while. I suspect the new Eastern Gateway will be first up.

MK-fan

So I guess what this means is that after Tiana’s Bayou Adventure opens, there will be no new rides opening up at the resort for a very long time.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Absolutely nothing is locked in on what will happen to the property here yet; this is just a rezoning to let them improve the land with much more latitude than they used to have.
I agree, but if Disney doesn’t follow through on the spirit of the promises, Anaheim has many tools with which they can hurt them in many, many ways.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I don't think Disney is going to blow this opportunity.

There will be a 3rd theme park in Anaheim is my take.
The DisneylandForward vehicular traffic plans don’t make sense for a third gate. There’s no ability for pickup/ drop off west of Disneyland Drive, and it’s spelled out specifically that access from the existing parking structure directly into the new development west of Disneyland Drive will not be permitted.

Combine that with all of the preliminary plans and promises reflecting park expansions for DL and DCA and I think we’re getting park expansions.

mickEblu

The DisneylandForward vehicular traffic plans don’t make sense for a third gate. There’s no ability for pickup/ drop off west of Disneyland Drive, and it’s spelled out specifically that access from the existing parking structure directly into the new development west of Disneyland Drive will not be permitted.

Combine that with all of the preliminary plans and promises reflecting park expansions for DL and DCA and I think we’re getting park expansions.

I wonder what happens to that walking path from the Pixar Pals structure to DTD? On one hand they need to have a walking path to the parks but on the other it’s in a really interesting spot. I guess it can be worked around.

mattpeto

Yeah, I just really think they will find a way…they will never get another shot at this.

el_super

There is no doubt that Disneyland investment helps the city. It's always a question of who does it hurt though and whether the cost of that investment is too much. Remember that this came about due to the unprecedented backlash from the local business leaders over the Eastern Gateway project. Pulling these types of projects from public scrutiny works in Disney's interest because they can work the gears of city hall to get these approved now, without any of the negative consequences or drawbacks.

It will be real interesting to see what comes up of the Eastern Gateway project now, and whether Disney goes back to their original plan to cut out access to the Harbor Blvd motels.

While it generally isn't going to hurt anyone except some of the businesses and residents around the resort, I do wonder with their fervor in getting this through, what really terribly unpopular plans they have for the resort that they didn't want scrutiny on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom