DisneylandForward

choco choco

FSvdznJVIAAvi-E

"Existing DRSP Properties"

Huh. That orange block doesn't seem to reflect what we know Disney owns now.

el_super

Huh. That orange block doesn't seem to reflect what we know Disney owns now.

The orange block represents the Disneyland Resort Specific Plan, a part of the Anaheim Resort District which has slightly different zoning regulations. It doesn't reflect the property that Disney owns.

DisneylandForward is intended to basically change the language of the zoning to extend out what is the DRSP to more of the land that they own, so that they will not need to go to the city in order to request certain approvals. Worth noting that PPH, which is currently not included, would be wrapped up into the new zoning.

It's weird though that the map seems to indicate a desire to build hotels on land designated for theme parks. Maybe they are planning to build a hotel behind Toontown.

LittleMerman

I wonder why they don't just make the newer sections across the street from the theme parks the third gate? I know it's all proposed for now but isn't there enough land over there for a whole park, even if it's smaller, instead of just adding onto DL and DCA? I would love to see a Frozen land and some of the rides from Fantasy Springs in Tokyo that sound awesome. I can see them putting a Toy Story Land in, especially with the Pixar re-theme of Paradise Pier Hotel.

Phroobar

I wonder if Disney will ever bring back the idea of a boutique park. It would be a limited number of people but would cost thousands to enter. The rides would be top of the line though. Kind of like the original West World movie.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I wonder why they don't just make the newer sections across the street from the theme parks the third gate? I know it's all proposed for now but isn't there enough land over there for a whole park, even if it's smaller, instead of just adding onto DL and DCA? I would love to see a Frozen land and some of the rides from Fantasy Springs in Tokyo that sound awesome. I can see them putting a Toy Story Land in, especially with the Pixar re-theme of Paradise Pier Hotel.
A third gate would draw more people from DCA than DL, exacerbating something already problematic.

It also adds an extra layer of infrastructure and administrative costs.

It would be best to expand DL by a little and DCA by a lot to finally get them in equal drawing power to each other.

LittleMerman

A third gate would draw more people from DCA than DL, exacerbating something already problematic.

It would be best to expand DL by a little and DCA by a lot to finally get them in equal drawing power to each other.
That makes sense!

mickEblu

I’m sure this has something to do with it but don’t you think it has more to do with the lack of space? That’s not a lot of space for a third gate and a very awkward layout with existing infrastructure at that

J4546

when they build the eastern gateway parking structure/pedestrian footbridge over harbour blvd, that will allow for a sizeable expansion of hollywoodland in CA. Hopefully they put in something really cool in that area

the.dreamfinder

That could be a feature, not a bug.

DCA’s piecemeal additions, beyond BVS and Carsland, haven’t made the park compelling enough by itself nor does it have the capacity, as you noted.

IF you build a third gate with an opening day capacity at EPCOT Center levels, it could be an opportunity to do a major redo of DCA quickly if the park is closed because you have a comparable or higher amount of capacity to what DCA has. OR, you could do the armchair imagineer thing where all of DCA is torn down and a new gate is built. (As a card carrying member of the Peter Dominick Fan Club, Grand Californian would be rebuilt and relocated to one of the hotel expansion pads.)

Last edited:

mickEblu

DCA’s piecemeal additions, beyond BVS and Carsland, haven’t made the park compelling enough by itself nor does it have the capacity, as you noted.

IF you build a third gate with an opening day capacity at EPCOT Center levels, it could be an opportunity to do major redo of DCA quickly if the park is closed because you have a comparable amount of capacity to what DCA has. OR, you could the armchair imagineer thing where all of DCA is torn down and a new gate is built. (As a card carrying member of the Peter Dominick Fan Club, Grand Californian would be rebuilt and relocated to one of the hotel expansion pads.)

DCA torn down? Which insane asylum is this arm chair imagineering taking place? I mean I know DCA is no Disneyland but geeez.

EDIT: No offense

Last edited:

J4546

I like dca, it still has plenty of room for improvements but I dig grizzly rapids and soaring area, Pixar pier, cars land, and the marina area dining options. I'm not a fan of the monster Inc area or really big on avengers campus but both of those areas have expansion room

Disstevefan1

It’s as if somehow we should feel fortunate that Walt Disney chose Anaheim
- Jose Moreno

After the devastating year for Anaheim and the Disney Parks sector I think we all know how that quote looks. With that in mind, expect to see Disney using their muscle to get local residents and businesses on their side for a lot of new development work. This project is, for the time being, known as DisneylandForward.

Currently, it's expected to be a multi-year effort to "update" existing development approvals.

View attachment 540296

I personally would expect that we will be seeing the return of the Eastern Gateway Project from this, but that is pure speculation on my part. What development approvals do you think we will see changed out of this? The new deluxe hotel project that was cancelled?
I would love to see them bring back the people mover :D

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom