News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

Phroobar

5c9174cd2400007e064db520.png

yensidtlaw1969

I think you have these backwards
You sure? The concept art for the Kiss scene shows the vehicle taking a left, and the Witch in the house is the last left turn in the ride. That, and she has to wake up before she can head off to the castle with the Prince.

The upward slope in the Castle art does have me wondering if it will take over the current Dwarf slope in the Witch's Death scene, or if it's a way of dressing up the final bend that currently houses the "Happily Ever After" book. I would guess the former since the art suggests the new scene will take up more space than the Book "scene" can offer.

I am deeply curious about how this will all turn out. The ride has some flaws, especially towards the end, but I hope we don't lose much of the things that work in the effort to fix the things that don't. I agree with whoever said they will likely truncate the forest and rebuild the Witch's demise in that space, since that scene is too iconic and too well staged to simply do away with.

mickEblu

You sure? The concept art for the Kiss scene shows the vehicle taking a left, and the Witch in the house is the last left turn in the ride. That, and she has to wake up before she can head off to the castle with the Prince.

The upward slope in the Castle art does have me wondering if it will take over the current Dwarf slope in the Witch's Death scene, or if it's a way of dressing up the final bend that currently houses the "Happily Ever After" book. I would guess the former since the art suggests the new scene will take up more space than the Book "scene" can offer.

I am deeply curious about how this will all turn out. The ride has some flaws, especially towards the end, but I hope we don't lose much of the things that work in the effort to fix the things that don't. I agree with whoever said they will likely truncate the forest and rebuild the Witch's demise in that space, since that scene is too iconic and too well staged to simply do away with.

For whatever reason on my phone I am seeing them reversed....

036A989D-101B-4B93-BB60-9E197028985B.jpeg
5113AEC3-0B39-4E94-BA62-9D17DE94077D.jpeg

Yeah if they rebuild the witch’s demise than my only real issue with this is the changing of the exterior.

Last edited:

britain

If you go right from the scary trees to happy ending, it will be just as jarring as everyone claims the current ending is, which is simply a quick painting as you approach the station to disembark.

I assume they’ll scoot the witch’s death scene into the scary trees area, providing an appropriate ending to the scary part of the story, and leaving the remaining space for the new ending scenes.

I have a feeling they are over-stating the exterior changes. It will probably be just painting the ramparts that are meant to be an extension of the SBC walls in its new colors and not much else.

This an appropriate time to revisit this excellent Yesterworld video. Man, early versions of this ride were bizarre!

Last edited:

mharrington

I noticed from the artwork that the Dwarfs are conspicuously missing and that they are not seen bidding farewell to Snow White. Maybe they're up on the cliff where the Witch is now?

And didn't they mention that the structure had been grandfathered? Meaning, they could do anything serious without having to tear down the whole structure and rebuild it from scratch, up to the standards of today.

mharrington

If they do redo the Witch's demise, they need to relocate the Dwarfs here as well. I also hope they include the Dwarfs in the new closing. They seem to be missing from the closing scenes.

George Lucas on a Bench

It's extremely obvious that the kiss scene is where the holographic apple scene is and the final bit is where the Dwarves are climbing after the witch. My childhood isn't being ruined or anything, but that whole bit between the dungeon and the very end is some of the best stuff on a Disney ride. It's exactly how those spookhouse rides should be and now it's going to be girly and pleasant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom