News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

Mickeyboof

To play devil's advocate, if people could walk up the ramp, it'd be super hard to get a good pic of the falcon without people it.

Back to Fantasyland, what every happened to that two million dollar Queen of Hearts animatronic that was supposed to be in the Alice refurb in 2014? Is it possible that we'll get a cool animatronic for Snow White? If it's developed in-house, the half-million estimate would only cover installation, right?

HA. Screw people’s photos.

Disney Analyst

Micechat is reporting they are making the ride less scary and re-working things.

Edit:

Parks Blog posted about it actually.

by Michael Ramirez, Editorial Content Director, Disneyland Resort
We’re always looking for new and innovative ways to enhance our storytelling at the Disneyland Resort. I’m delighted to share that we have exciting changes coming to Snow White’s Scary Adventures in Disneyland park next year.
This classic Fantasyland attraction, Disneyland park’s only ride-through princess attraction, will be updated with new magic inside and out in 2020. Walt Disney Imagineering is reimagining how the classic tale of Snow White lives happily ever after, and guests will be invited to follow along with her story.
swrtss57846-1024x542.jpg

In addition to experiencing familiar elements of the attraction you know and love, you’ll discover enhanced story details and all-new scenes. For example, a new vignette will show Snow White in a beautiful forest setting waking up from her deep sleep. Also, the attraction will conclude when Snow White is reunited with her animal friends and a shimmering castle is seen in the distance.
Imagineers are implementing state-of-the-art audio and visual technology throughout the attraction, including new music, LED black lighting, laser projections and a new animation system. The exterior of the attraction will be completely refreshed with new, fairy tale-inspired details to complement the nearby charming Sleeping Beauty Castle.
This isn’t the first time the attraction has undergone a significant refurbishment. In 1983, as a whole new version of Fantasyland was unveiled, Snow White’s Adventures reopened with new technology and a brand-new facade, along with the new name. In 2020, this opening day attraction will celebrate 65 years at Disneyland!
We’ll continue to share details with you here on the Disney Parks Blog. In the meantime, enjoy Snow White’s Scary Adventures through Jan. 6, 2020.

Magic Feather

Micechat is reporting they are making the ride less scary and re-working things.

Edit:

Parks Blog posted about it actually.

I'm assuming the wake up scene replaces the final cottage witch?

mickEblu

I can deal with the interior changes even if I fear it will be a net loss overall. The exterior changes are completely unnecessary as
It looks great the way it is and the fact they want it to look more like the new castle (specifically the more colorful backside) scares me. Right now the attraction focuses on one emotion and it does it well. Now apparently, in the same square footage they are going to find a way to still do that effectively where necessary but still add these new show scenes? The interior will probably look nicer and the story may feel more complete but we re not going on these rides to rewatch the story we saw on film. We are going to be experience the world the story took place in.

Last edited:

mickEblu

If this were a complete rebuild or a new build with enough real estate I’d say go for it. Being that they re working within a tiny footprint I say leave this classic alone. The reward doesn’t outweigh the risk. When it’s all said and done the wait for this ride will be 10 minutes. It will be the same ride system. Same IP that isn’t exactly popular right now. Why mess with it? In fact the wait times may go down as they may turn away the “scary adventure” faithful while not really getting more kids to go on in return.

Looks like they re trying to get rid of anything macabre at DLR. First TOT now this. Looks like HM for 8 months of the year is all that’s left.

Last edited:

BrianLo

Ah! Nice to actually see on of the 60th dark ride enhancements return.

I really want to see Toad get the treatment though.

mickEblu

The latest into the ride the “waking up” scene could be is where the Witch’s cottage is, assuming the concept art depicting a left turn is accurate. This means the Witch falling off the cliff scene cannot remain in its current state, and will probably cannabolize the forest scene. 😔

That sucks. No way they get rid of the Queen in the window outside right? It’s kind of mind boggling that they have lands like the Hollywood backlot or Galaxies Edge that could use any infusion of life it can get yet they re spending money on Snow White’s exterior which is perfectly fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom