News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

mickEblu

Also, pretty bummed about the exterior. I think in context it works very well and I love the differentiation between all of the ride facades. That change is ultimately extremely not necessary when there a million other areas that budget could be allotted to around the resort.

This current regime just doesn’t get it. Someone get them outta there. So is this Chapeks fault too? I’m no Chapek fan but I doubt he’s the one asking for this sort of change.

lazyboy97o

That sucks. No way they get rid of the Queen in the window outside right? It’s kind of mind boggling that they have lands like the Hollywood backlot or Galaxies Edge that could use any infusion of life it can get yet they re spending money on Snow White’s exterior which is perfectly fine.
What sounds better? I worked on Snow White‘s Scary Adventures or I worked on Hollywood Land, an entire theme park land that sounds like it is named after a subdivision for some reason. Its why The Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean keep getting messed with. People want to associate themselves with the famous works, so they muck them up to be part of them.

mickEblu

What sounds better? I worked on Snow White‘s Scary Adventures or I worked on Hollywood Land, an entire theme park land named after a subdivision for some reason. Its why The Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean keep getting messed with. People want to associate themselves with the famous works, so they muck them up to be part of them.

Yeah I get it. Why weren’t the imagineers and Disney of yester year so concerned about it? Less ego? Or maybe the fact that they were the ones working on the originals of these attractions which are being tinkered with today.

Sharon&Susan

...Well I’m glad Snow White hasn’t even redesigned with huge eyes like in Ralph Breaks the Internet and the art looks very nice unlike a lot of the art released on the Parks Blog.

My greatest fear is that this they’ll turn it into “The Little Mermaid” of Disneyland with the majority of the ride being Snow White singing with the Evil Queen making a small cameo giving her an apple.

mickEblu

I mean. He’s saying the cliff stays just there’s a projection moment after.

oh I didn’t really read it thoroughly to be honest but where would that projection go? The exterior wall where we exit the vehicles? Lol. I’d be ok with these changes if the exterior wasn’t being touched and if the cliff scene stays. Even if it’s moved and some of the middle of the ride needs to go.

bshah365

After reading the official article, it seems as if these enhancements will mostly be projections/screens instead of figures/animatronics

mickEblu

If you take a close look at the below photo it looks like it’s located exactly where the witch’s death scene is now. So if the witch’s death scene is to survive it will need to be moved and I’m 50/50 on if they would actually do that. Hopefully we don’t get a Little Mermaid Ursula cut out climax Instead.

AB5FE00D-8BF5-4845-BE7A-CA24DAC9DB43.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom