News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

Stevek

It's very hard to tell how it will all mesh together to tell the story but the changes in and of themselves look fantastic. Not a big fan of the color scheme but it does fit with the less scary theme as Kim stated. As for the name...meh, I'll just call it Snow White like I always did. Color me cautiously optimistic on this one. Like anything else, will have to ride it myself before I overly praise or dump on it.

Zorro

Maybe we can bargain with Ms. Irvine? Here's my proposition - you can have the Barbie pink exterior with Snow White's dungeon bedroom if you restore access to the Court of the Angels for us plebians. Remove the Johnny Depps and Geoffrey Rush (reinstate the Paul Frees voiced captain) from POTC and we might even overlook the removal of the peek-a-boo queen.

yensidtlaw1969

Thinking about it, I'd at least have called it "Show White's Enchanting Wish" over "Echanted".

Hard to argue that Snow White's wish for a Prince was itself enchanted, but by the end of the ride you might say that seeing it unfold was enchanting.

But that's assuming I was working under the mandate of incorporating a more "magical" word - working from scratch I would probably have elected to simply return the name to "Snow White's Adventures".

Still, most will surely just call it "Snow White".

mharrington

Having seen the cottage scene now, I have to wonder why Snow White is still wearing her cape. Not only did she not have it on while dancing with the dwarfs in the movie, but I would bet that it will get caught in the Snow White figure and cause problems. I'm reminded of this classic moment from "The Incredibles":

Californian Elitist

Having seen the cottage scene now, I have to wonder why Snow White is still wearing her cape. Not only did she not have it on while dancing with the dwarfs in the movie, but I would bet that it will get caught in the Snow White figure and cause problems. I'm reminded of this classic moment from "The Incredibles":

It doesn’t look like the cape will get caught.

The figure looks good with the cape. None of the dark rides in Fantasyland are exactly the films.

Californian Elitist

So we know that everything is going to be ok going in? That would be like calling it Indiana Jones’ Successful Adventure: Don’t worry about Mara folks, everything is going to be Ok.
Exactly and let’s be honest.... The well wasn’t magical. The prince was already in the area when she started singing and wishing into the well lol. That “wish” doesn’t stand out in the film. The wish that does stand out is the one that nearly gets her killed. They should have named it “Snow White and the Deathly Wish.”

yensidtlaw1969

So we know that everything is going to be ok going in? That would be like calling it Indiana Jones’ Successful Adventure: Don’t worry about Mara folks, everything is going to be Ok.
In fairness, it seems that the general premise of this refurb was to reassure timid riders that things would be fine. For better or for worse re: the actual ride experience.

Exactly and let’s be honest.... The well wasn’t magical. The prince was already in the area when she started singing and wishing into the well lol. That “wish” doesn’t stand out in the film. The wish that does stand out is the one that nearly gets her killed. They should have named it “Snow White and the Deathly Wish.”
Indeed, the Well had almost nothing to do with it. It's a backdrop against which the animators play the premise of what Snow White desires. The wish coming true has more to do with the Dwarfs building an incredibly awkward funeral repository, or the Witch assuming they'd have the sense to put her in the ground after her "death", than it does the Well.

Really the only elements in Snow White that appear to be actively enchanted are the Magic Mirror and the Queen's transformation. Even the Apple is more of a chemistry project than a spell. The Queen's story is more enchanted than Snow's, which is simply enchanting.

But really this is immaterial - the ride's new name isn't a smash either way.

Californian Elitist

In fairness, it seems that the general premise of this refurb was to reassure timid riders that things would be fine. For better or for worse re: the actual ride experience.

Indeed, the Well had almost nothing to do with it. It's a backdrop against which the animators play the premise of what Snow White desires. The wish coming true has more to do with the Dwarfs building an incredibly awkward funeral repository, or the Witch assuming they'd have the sense to put her in the ground after her "death", than it does the Well.

Really the only elements in Snow White that appear to be actively enchanted are the Magic Mirror and the Queen's transformation. Even the Apple is more of a chemistry project than a spell. The Queen's story is more enchanted than Snow's, which is simply enchanting.

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

The name just doesn’t work, in my opinion, but it is what it is.

Stevek

Excuse me?
schitts creek lol GIF by CBC

mickEblu

May have been the goal of the refurb but doesn’t mean the name makes sense

BasiltheBatLord

I’m reserving judgement on this until it’s done cause what we’ve seen so far is nowhere near enough to judge on. But I’ll just say it is really depressing to think of the possibility that once again, Tokyo will be left with the superior version of an originally American attraction solely because all of the other versions were changed beyond recognition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom