News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

mickEblu

For real though lol. They were lying neatly stacked in the fake book. I asked my lead why they were there and she didn’t know either. Super weird and random, but lovely photos.

They were here:

View attachment 520139

Well this is a great piece of trivia and inside info. Thanks for sharing! I wonder where Walts photos will be now. Probably under Happy’s @$$

Last edited:

waltography

^Basically this. I have a few more minor quibbles with Alice, but they really are minor compared to the wins we got. I tend to think of the fiasco with the Outdoor portion as a separate issue, so that kind of is what it is. Otherwise Alice mostly looks better than ever, and by a worthwhile amount.
Even with the outdoor portion basically nuked, I'm happy they at least tried to make the new OSHA-compliant rails fit in; I definitely don't forget the tarps and PVC mess they used to be.

AliceTarps.jpg

yensidtlaw1969

Ok so the kissing scene is actually before the cottage.. I remember asking if the cottage was still there and I was told that it was but the door doesn't swing open w the hag anymore of course.. If I remember correctly, I believe there is a fairytale book open in front of the cottage to the "And they lived happily ever after" page... I remember hearing that there is animation on the book and it looks pretty.. It's just foggy where the book is exactly.. I'm almost certain they said it was in front of the cottage door.... I'm sure we will see in due time.
Oh interesting - so maybe the Kiss is seated in the corner that used to be the last left turn of the Haunted Forest? This Book would then come after, in front of the Cottage, with the Snow White and Prince figures on the hill in front of the Castle as seen in the Concept Art.

I really am impressed with how thorough a refurb this ride seems to have gotten - we'll see if it's all good news, but it's surprising either way to see them invest in it so heavily.

Practical Pig

Thoughts:

In general, I much agree with the gist of the conversation.

There’s plenty of plus in the preview, and I’m cautiously optimistic for the final reveal, provided enough of the darkness in the dark ride remains. It is vital to the very condensed emotional arc. Snow is rooted in a long history, dating to the late nineteenth century, of scary/thrilling dark rides, and I'd hate to see that history jetisoned in order to baby developing children as they are trying to grow into adults.

My strongest caution in my iffy optimism is the catastrophe that befell the exterior. To exchange the whimsical, plausible fantastical with cartoon incredulity is just tragic.

Oh, and the name suckles at the corporate teat.

britain

Looks like it's gone from being a spookhouse ride to a ride for Lululemon Moms to point and clap with their sheltered little tykes.

DL didn’t open with a Haunted Mansion, so Snow White was an appropriate IP to use to fill the Spook House niche at the time. Now, not only do we have Haunted Mansion but we have Pinocchio, Harold in the Matterhorn, and a few other places for jump scares that weren’t a glimmer in Walt’s eye in 55.

As long as there is SOME threat in the ride’s storyline, there’s nothing wrong with trying to make this every preschooler’s favorite fun ride.

Disneyson

DL didn’t open with a Haunted Mansion, so Snow White was an appropriate IP to use to fill the Spook House niche at the time. Now, not only do we have Haunted Mansion but we have Pinocchio, Harold in the Matterhorn, and a few other places for jump scares that weren’t a glimmer in Walt’s eye in 55.

As long as there is SOME threat in the ride’s storyline, there’s nothing wrong with trying to make this every preschooler’s favorite fun ride.
There’s also stuff like Rise that I think is relatively “startling” and we have things like Ghost Galaxy that pop in during the holidays. I think the parks still have some spooky in them yet.

TP2000

I have far more fond memories of the Evil Queen in the window than anything in the ride itself.

I'm the same way, but hadn't realized it until you said it.

But with the new Malibu Barbie Dreamhouse color scheme that Ms. Irvine gave the building, I'm starting to worry that the Evil Queen is gone and replaced with a friendlier and happier Instagramable Moment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom