News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

swge

In order for this ride to complete, I imagine they might have a scene of Snow biting the Apple, as in other versions of this ride? I think the transformation is safe, TBH, I just think that perhaps the scary forest turns happy halfway through because of that Snow singing to the bird figure that seems to exist. I bet the rock scene is gone, which I think is a bit of a shame.

I think WDW always had the superior version of the attraction. I think that the kiss scene is deeply important (obviously, re:my avatar) but I also think that there must be some Queen in order for there to be catharsis/for the kiss to be earned.
You will see Snow biting the apple in this refurb

The rock scene is not gone but has been moved to a different location

Magenta Panther

Huh. Don't know yet what to make of this altogether. I do remember riding the Snow White ride at WDW shortly before it was gutted, and frankly I thought it was a mess. The AAs were in terrible shape, and I don't think the story was told well. As for this renewal...well, the Dopey figure with the diamonds in his eyes is adorable. But the new Snow White figure (and that's all it is, it's not a AA) just twirls, whee, big deal ("Cinematic"? Is there going to be more movement between Snow and Dopey than what we were shown? Hope so). And like others here, I do hope there's a scary element in the ride somewhere. That was part of the atmospherics of the film, after all.

It's foolish, I know, to wish that Disney would create actual Snow White and Company AA's on the level of Ursula in the Mermaid ride, but yeah, that ain't gonna happen. As some here have mentioned, we're lucky the ride is surviving at all, since it's based on the work of that old dead guy Iger despises. :p

waltography

A question if anyone knows the answer: Are Snow White and the Prince in the kissing sequence figures or projected? It looks to me they're figures with some sort of mesh in front to project the sun rays and a projected background, but I can't tell for sure.

Californian Elitist

Valerie’s response...💀

97CDA320-F1E8-4825-90B4-84C4267E6202.jpeg

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

A question if anyone knows the answer: Are Snow White and the Prince in the kissing sequence figures or projected? It looks to me they're figures with some sort of mesh in front to project the sun rays and a projected background, but I can't tell for sure.
It looks like they are just showing the scene from the moving projected on a screen which does not match the rest of the ride.

SuddenStorm

Some of the comments on DPB’s Facebook page are entertaining to read.

I’d like to treat this guy to lunch, Alexander Rodriguez.

View attachment 520126

LOVE the Kim Irvine comment. In 20 years these Youtube videos with her showing changes she's made to beloved attractions are going to be looked back as 'wow look at this women ruining the park'. If they aren't already.

I'm glad they haven't suckered Tony into these, and that his public appearances are usually in relation to vintage Disneyland.

mharrington

Seems like it’s only a matter of time before Pinocchio and Toad are next, which...yikes. I can absolutely see them removing all “jackass” audio from Pinocchio and changing Toad’s ending completely to make it more “family friendly.”

Fix it, Jesus.

I don't know about Mr. Toad, but I'm actually more worried about Pinocchio existing much longer at all, what with that one petition at Change.org to remove it after Splash Mountain because it seems to suggest child slavery, which circulated online for a time. I'm just glad that petition didn't get a lot of traction. Or maybe they're just laying low, biding their time.

I wouldn't mind so much if they just removed the "jackass" dialogue so much. You could just have the Coachman say, "So, you blokes choose the easy life, do you?", which is one of the random lines you hear in the ride.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I don't know about Mr. Toad, but I'm actually more worried about Pinocchio existing much longer at all, what with that one petition at Change.org to remove it after Splash Mountain because it seems to suggest child slavery. I'm just glad that petition didn't get a lot of traction. Or maybe they're just laying low, biding their time.
Yes. there is child slavery. that is part of the point of that movie on his journey to becoming a real boy. Learning not do do naughty things like drink or you can be turned into a donkey and be a child slave. actions have consequences. do those who created that petition not watch the film???

Californian Elitist

LOVE the Kim Irvine comment. In 20 years these Youtube videos with her showing changes she's made to beloved attractions are going to be looked back as 'wow look at this women ruining the park'. If they aren't already.

I'm glad they haven't suckered Tony into these, and that his public appearances are usually in relation to vintage Disneyland.
Agreed, seeing Baxter dabbling in this type of buffoonery just wouldn’t sit right with me. If I were him, I wouldn’t bother showing up for any of this crap. I honestly hope he’s more concerned with enjoying his retirement.

Californian Elitist

I don't know about Mr. Toad, but I'm actually more worried about Pinocchio existing much longer at all, what with that one petition at Change.org to remove it after Splash Mountain because it seems to suggest child slavery, which circulated online for a time. I'm just glad that petition didn't get a lot of traction. Or maybe they're just laying low, biding their time.

I wouldn't mind so much if they just removed the "jackass" dialogue so much. You could just have the Coachman say, "So, you blokes choose the easy life, do you?", which is one of the random lines you hear in the ride.
Pinocchio is for sure going away. My old Fantasyland pals who still work at the park told me so. The petition worked.

Prepare for an announcement between Valentine’s Day and Saint Patrick’s Day 2021.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom