News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

SuddenStorm

1608597517703.png
1608597654002.png

Looks like they forgot to give Dopey flowers for the promo video...

1608597651594.png
1608597701609.png

1608597747388.png
1608597813560.png

Attachments

• 1608597614660.png
    1608597614660.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 68

TP2000

I'm a huge fan of the Snow White film and this looks great! I'd love a "With a Smile and a Song" scene with her and the animals after the forest.

The 80s ride was fun but it never was amazing to me. To be honest I'm just thankful that Disney didn't demolish this for some new movie ride to sell toys.

Glad to see them care about Snow White.

Good point. And I agree that it's good to see them care about Snow White, or any 20th century dark ride like this. All the other Castle parks except Tokyo have given up on that dark ride art form, so nice to see Disneyland continue to invest and maintain the incredible fleet of dark rides that Disneyland has to continue it's reign as the flagship Castle park.

I think this ride looks fine. I didn't mean to sound all crabby in my original post, as I really do think this is a nice little upgrade and freshening. But it's really just sort of a super-duper refurbishment and tweak to the storyline.

That said, can we just pause for a moment and appreciate that this is "opening" in a closed theme park?

Because if this had opened during Christmas when Disneyland was open and packed full of people it would be complete pandemonium with every blogger from San Diego to Santa Barbara rushing to Anaheim to wait 3 hours to ride and then breathlessly cry into their iPhone about how "AMAAAAAAZING!" this refurb turned out and how the LED jewels in the mine scene have completely blown them away and made the cost of their Premium AP totally worth it.

I think we can all agree the world is a better place without that drama.

Also, will we still be able to throw our spare change down into Snow White's bedroom in the queue?

674e7e5f27a6a7f4702b2766fd7c1245--evil-queens.jpg

Last edited:

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Good point. And I agree that it's good to see them care about Snow White, or any 20th century dark ride like this. All the other Castle parks except Tokyo have given up on that dark ride art form, so nice to see Disneyland continue to invest and maintain the incredible fleet of dark rides that Disneyland has to continue it's reign as the flagship Castle park.

I think this ride looks fine. I didn't mean to sound all crabby in my original post, as I really do think this is a nice little upgrade and freshening. But it's really just sort of a super-duper refurbishment and tweak to the storyline.

That said, can we just pause for a moment and appreciate that this is "opening" in a closed theme park?

Because if this had opened during Christmas when Disneyland was open and packed full of people it would be complete pandemonium with every blogger from San Diego to Santa Barbara rushing to Anaheim to wait 3 hours to ride and then breathlessly cry into their iPhone about how "AMAAAAAAZING!" this refurb turned out and how the LED jewels in the mine scene have completely blown them away and made the cost of their Premium AP totally worth it.

I think we can all agree the world is a better place without that drama.

Also, will we still be able to throw our spare change down into Snow White's bedroom in the queue?

674e7e5f27a6a7f4702b2766fd7c1245--evil-queens.jpg
Oh that is going to still happen once the park opens buddy

Brer Oswald

I can appreciate this perspective and I also love that song. As I said before, I’d feel a lot better about this had they just left the exterior alone.
The exterior is definitely the biggest offender. It looked very cool and mysterious before. Now? I genuinely think it looks ugly. The colors are gross. The name is dumb. If they had kept the exterior the same and changed the name to something less cringeworthy, that would have been great.

Add more bright scenes in the ride. That's fine. There needs to be a balance either way.

mickEblu

The exterior is definitely the biggest offender. It looked very cool and mysterious before. Now? I genuinely think it looks ugly. The colors are gross. The name is dumb. If they had kept the exterior the same and changed the name to something less cringeworthy, that would have been great.

Add more bright scenes in the ride. That's fine. There needs to be a balance either way.

Yup. Exterior, queens dungeon and the new name. I can deal with the changes on the inside and will probably prefer a few of the new scenes to the old ones. It’s also disturbing that they haven’t gone out of their way to say “...but don’t worry, the evil queen will still be peeking outside the window at guests below.”

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I like what I saw overall. I'll wait to give my final opinion when I actually ride it. I was never that attached to the "dark and scary" side of attraction, but to each their own. Everyone has something they remember about the various different attractions, and to me I was more invested in the Snow White and the Dwarfs element than the "dark and scary". So I'm happy they "plussed up" those areas, love the mine area.

Californian Elitist

As many of you know, I was a Fantasyland attraction CM and am therefore emotionally attached to those rides in ways that I’m not with the others. For the most part, I’m fine with what I’ve seen so far with Snow. I hate that the dungeon is gone, as well as the other scary elements (I’m preparing to be disappointed with the new Witch scenes). We already knew they would be taking those things out, but it’s still disappointing.

The new name is corny AF and just awful. That goes without being said. However, I never referred to the ride’s full name as a guest, nor as a CM. It was always just “Snow White” or simply “Snow.” No matter the name, I will continue to use a shortened version of it, but the new name is still terrible.

Snow White is arguably a horror movie. It’s scary and that’s fine. There was no need to remove the elements that makes the movie what it is from the ride. I can count on one hand how many kids I witnessed nearly have a meltdown from fear after getting off the ride. Yes, children (and adults) were scared, but most of them laughed it off.

This change makes no sense.

George Lucas on a Bench

This is really all about Kim Irvine, as we all know from the Imagineering series on Disney Plus, clearly the greatest most prominent and wonderful Imagineer in history. Really, just spectacular. Plus, she has her own hardhat! That's adorable! Snowcially Distanced's Enchanted Witchless Adventure is what Walt always intended it to be. Only now with new digital technology and Kim Irvine can his dream finally be fulfilled.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom