News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

mickEblu

Right?! It is a bland name.

I wouldn’t say bland, I would say it’s non sense and not fitting of an attraction name. Enchanted wish? Why is her wish of marrying a prince someday enchanted? At this rate let’s rename Pinocchio “Pinocchio’s desire to be a real boy” and then how about “Alice’s trippy @$$ dream.”

It’s like the “pleasant” color change of the exterior and most likely removing the dungeon wasn’t enough. They had to leave no doubt that this ride is not scary anymore by giving it a name like this. However the re-do turns out I will undoubtedly like it more than it’s name.

swge

I saw the name change coming but they really didn't remove all the scary.. In fact, just by verbal description, some new scenes/enhancements actually seem more frightening than what was there before... I think they just want the name of the attraction to be more inviting so non locals/day visitors get in line and give them counts..

Remember that attraction counts are very crucial and necessary when it comes to operations..

but the spooky vibe (when described to me) seems like it has been amplified more from its previous plastic trees and bats on strings...

Which then leaves me to believe that this refurb wasn't necessarily to remove the spooky from the ride... it was to remove the word "scary" from the title and give the attraction a story line that made sense with the movie...

Like someone on here said, does the descriptive title of the ride actually matter to y'all? It's just gonna be referred to as "Snow White" or the "Snow White Ride"...

mickEblu

I saw the name change coming

Like someone on here said, does the descriptive title of the ride actually matter to y'all? It's just gonna be referred to as "Snow White" or the "Snow White Ride"...

You mean you saw this exact name change coming or a name change in general? I think we all saw the latter.

To answer your question, personally I don’t lose any sleep over it and it won’t change my view on the actual ride experience but when I look up at the queue and see that ridiculous name on the marquee will I constantly be reminded of how bad Disney is at naming attractions these days? Yes and it will probably also subconsciously remind me of how I hate pretty much everything they have done at DLR the last few years.

Why not just name it “Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs?” They can’t wait like one week for the word of mouth to travel around that the ride isn’t scary anymore?

Last edited:

Sharon&Susan

Why not just name it “Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs?”
That's actually what it's called in Disneyland Paris (in French of course!):
1604709322186.png

mickEblu

That's actually what it's called in Disneyland Paris (in French of course!):
View attachment 511156

Look at that. Works just fine and Snow White and the 7 dwarfs smiling faces in stone says it all. They seem to have lost the ability to communicate to the audience with nuance. Now they have to paint skulls sunshine yellow and give attractions a ridiculous name to communicate the same thing Paris’ version elegantly communicates above.

180º

Why would someone make an UNenchanted wish? And what IS an enchanted wish to begin with??
What kind of wishes does the Genie grant?
Well, in the real world, wishes are not enchanted. We just wish things and nothing happens.

I’m guessing what makes Snow White’s wish “enchanted” are a) the supernatural events that lead to her wish coming true and/or b) the queen’s lie about the poison apple being a “magic wishing apple.” Both feature heavily in the ride. But to credit your complaint, most Disney wishes are enchanted.

I’ve figured it out. What the new name needs is more. punctuation.

“Adventure: Snow White—ENCHANTED Wish! (Scary?)”

Honestly, the name’s alright. A little flowery but surprisingly less verbose than “Snow White and Her Adventures,” while being just barely more specific. I am on pins and needles cautiously thrilled to see this refurb in person, as well as what I hope was an extensive refurb in the Haunted Mansion, and can I dream for a fully restored blue tunnel in Space Mountain?

Last edited:

PostScott

Thank goodness they didn't go with snow whiticoaster 😂 . But in all seriousness, the name isn't too bad, as long as it isn't a mouth full to read ( hagrids ROTR MFSR Dudley Do Right Ripsaw falls BTMR etc) and as long as it doesn't have a -icoaster as a suffix, it passes. Seriously, now theres three coasters that have the -icoaster as a suffix. Can we stop that now before it becomes a trend? It's atrocious

mickEblu

Thank goodness they didn't go with snow whiticoaster 😂 . But in all seriousness, the name isn't too bad, as long as it isn't a mouth full to read ( hagrids ROTR MFSR Dudley Do Right Ripsaw falls BTMR etc) and as long as it doesn't have a -icoaster as a suffix, it passes. Seriously, now theres three coasters that have the -icoaster as a suffix. Can we stop that now before it becomes a trend? It's atrocious

I’ll have to disagree. Snow Whites Enchanted Wish is one of the worst attraction names I’ve ever heard. As for the icoaster suffix names I’m not a huge fan but at least Velocicoaster is kind of clever (girl)... see what I did there? Anyway it’s better than Incredicoaster. Even if I prefer Incredicoaster to something like The Incredibles : Race for Jack Jack. At least it’s succinct.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom