News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

SuddenStorm

Advertisement
Ok then I’ve lost all hope. I’m working on the time machine as we speak.

It's sad that will all of history to experience, if I had a time machine I'd be most interested in experiencing key moments in Disneyland history.

SplashGhost

Yup. And just to be clear by telling a story I mean visually telling a “story” and setting a mood with primitive effects and techniques that by modern standards would be considered ancient but yet much more effective IMO. Not modern Imagineerings definition of story.

Modern WDI's idea of story is to overexplain crap that no one cares about like why Soarin' is just a simulator. It ruins the illusion of Soarin' when the story dismisses it as a simulator. Mission: Breakout overexplains everything, they even built a major plot device around raising your hands while on the ride.

Captn EO

Modern WDI's idea of story is to overexplain crap that no one cares about like why Soarin' is just a simulator. It ruins the illusion of Soarin' when the story dismisses it as a simulator. Mission: Breakout overexplains everything, they even built a major plot device around raising your hands while on the ride.
I remember how during the recent Splash butchering announcement Disney said how "last year the Imagineers got together and Imagineering had a story they wanted to tell". Really? They are such great story tellers that they want to tell the story of a movie that bombed 12 years ago?

I'm sure the decision was entirely based on these expert storytellers wanting to tell stories... What amazing stories will they think of next!

Before Imagineering patted themselves on the back all the time, I used to actually greatly respect them. As a group they are mostly a shell now that uses outside contractors for the majority of the projects that are done.

SplashGhost

I remember how during the recent Splash butchering announcement Disney said how "last year the Imagineers got together and Imagineering had a story they wanted to tell". Really? They are such great story tellers that they went to tell the story of a movie that bombed 12 years ago?

I'm sure the decision was entirely based on these expert storytellers wanting to tell stories... What amazing stories will they think of next!

The announcement should have said "Chapek demanded overlays, and this was the cheapest one they could come up with since we could keep the riverboat in the ride."

I can't comment on Rise yet, but outside that, none of the attractions added in the states in the last 10 years have been great at storytelling. The most successful in terms of story was probably Radiator Springs Racers because at least that kept it simple instead of being about the search for Mater's lost hubcap or something.

Captn EO

Nobody is trying to look cool. I'm not cool. The first couple posts I made were from a non show ready walkthrough perspective.. The ride was getting a lot of backlash and hate and my intension of posting an update was to let people know that what was posted earlier wasn't all the attraction had to offer so people would have something to look forward to. I apologize if you took my attraction update as anything other than what was intended. Wishing you great health and happiness.
I guess to me it had come across as "if you dont like the changes then I won't share any news with you".

Sounds like this was not your intention. I suppose I was used to insiders on here who like having their egos stroked, but I was mistaken in your case. I appologize.

Thank you for the kind wishes. Best wishes to you and your family!

Brer Panther

The announcement should have said "Chapek demanded overlays, and this was the cheapest one they could come up with since we could keep the riverboat in the ride."
The announcement should have said "Iger wants to remove any trace of Song of the South existing, and people were petitioning for a retheme of the ride to this specific movie online, so we caved in."

Captn EO

I can't comment on Rise yet, but outside that, none of the attractions added in the states in the last 10 years have been great at storytelling. The most successful in terms of story was probably Radiator Springs Racers because at least that kept it simple instead of being about the search for Mater's lost hubcap or something.
Hahaha! That sounds like an honest announcement! Current Disney is "too cool" to be honest with people. They think lying is the way to win people over. They also thought that piggy backing off a social movement to announce the overlay they created a year prior to sell more toys, food, and merchandise was the best option.

Captn EO

Now that I think about it, what are the chances that Disney created the petitions and publicized them? They certainly have the power and outlets to do such things.

Next year are we gonna see a random petition in the news to change the "racist redneck" Country Bears to Toy Story 4?

Brer Oswald

Now that I think about it, what are the chances that Disney created the petitions and publicized them? They certainly have the power and outlets to do such things.

Next year are we gonna see a random petition in the news to change the "racist redneck" Country Bears to Toy Story 4?
There’s a few loose ends. The petition started from a Twitter thread by a Disneyland Cast Member that worked in Galaxy’s Edge. The other is Sarah Sterling, a Disney “influencer” Who was working at WDI. She first pitched the idea in a Cinema Sins video years ago. However, there’s no actual proof she had anything to do with the retheme.

SplashGhost

Hahaha! That sounds like an honest announcement! Current Disney is "too cool" to be honest with people. They think lying is the way to win people over. They also thought that piggy backing off a social movement to announce the overlay they created a year prior to sell more toys, food, and merchandise was the best option.

Disney's PR never comes close to feeling honest, it is so obviously corporate approved BS that no one should take it seriously.

Captn EO

There’s a few loose ends. The petition started from a Twitter thread by a Disneyland Cast Member that worked in Galaxy’s Edge. The other is Sarah Sterling, a Disney “influencer” Who was working at WDI. She first pitched the idea in a Cinema Sins video years ago. However, there’s no actual proof she had anything to do with the retheme.
Wow interesting, this definitely seems plausible.

mickEblu

Confirmation of the attractions new name or homage to its past?

624255B3-C9F4-4C13-AB55-68D55BAE1302.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom