News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

SplashGhost

Hahaha! That sounds like an honest announcement! Current Disney is "too cool" to be honest with people. They think lying is the way to win people over. They also thought that piggy backing off a social movement to announce the overlay they created a year prior to sell more toys, food, and merchandise was the best option.

Disney's PR never comes close to feeling honest, it is so obviously corporate approved BS that no one should take it seriously.

mickEblu

Confirmation of the attractions new name or homage to its past?

624255B3-C9F4-4C13-AB55-68D55BAE1302.png

Sharon&Susan

Yep. I don’t believe the Disneyland version has ever been under the name of “Snow White’s Adventures”. Only WDW and Tokyo’s have.
Seems like Snow White's Adventures was the preferred name on guide maps.
From 1958:
SnowWhite58.jpg

1969:
Snow White 69.jpg
SnowWhite692.jpg

A 1977 ticket with a (scary) added for good measure::
1604450050202.png

From 1979 once again with a (scary) tacked on:

SnowWhite79.jpg

As far as I'm aware the sign never changed, here's a picture from 1968 with the Snow White And Her Adventures name:
1604450360440.png

Don't know what guidebooks called it, oldest Disneyland book I have Disneyland: The First Quarter Century doesn't seem to mention it at all.
As a bonus here's a picture of Snow White's old loading station with a ride operator dressed as Snow white:
1604450593176.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
snow-whites-scary-adventures-e1573564789845.jpg

... pretty sure the word was there. Amazing isn't it?
Well, then, I stand corrected. I should have said the attraction never had 'scary'... until more recently.

Since it was the 1983 redesign which added "scary."

None of the other parks ever had "scary" in the ride's name, just like DL never had it originally.

But I guess y'all don't have a history with the park.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom