News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

mickEblu

This right here is bothersome. Painting something that was purpose built with craftsmanship and with the intention of being ominous in a yellow - cream color? Just all kinds of wrong. Getting TOT to GOTG:MB flashbacks.

78377CD0-B68C-451B-82A4-8BEE0760890D.jpeg

mickEblu

is there a pic of what color that looked like before?

I believe they were just a grey stone color. I’m not liking this new exterior at all but I knew I wouldn’t. They could have made the ride less scary and left the exterior alone. There is nothing about the outside that would scare a child from riding it. If kids were scared it’s because their parents dragged them on it and they already knew what to expect. It’s always disappointing to see thematic integrity and/ or anything that is aesthetically pleasing move backwards.

Last edited:

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I believe they were just a grey stone color. I’m not liking this new exterior at all but I knew I wouldn’t. They could have made the ride less scary and left the exterior alone. There is nothing about the outside that would scare a child from riding it. If kids were scared it’s because their parents dragged them on it and they already knew what to expect. It’s always disappointing to see thematic integrity and/ or anything that is aesthetically pleasing move backwards.
I thought the ride inside and out was fine as is. Snow White is not a ride that needs "an ending". Loved it since the 80's the way it was. if it has worked all this time it can still work. making a happy ending to me ruins the ride

Last edited:

mickEblu

I thought the ride inside and out was fine as it. Snow White is not a ride that needs "an ending". Loved it since the 80's the way it was. if it has worked all this time it can still work. making a happy ending to me ruins the ride

I agree but I at least can understand their rationale for changing the inside a bit. The outside makes no sense to me.

SuddenStorm

This right here is bothersome. Painting something that was purpose built with craftsmanship and with the intention of being ominous in a yellow - cream color? Just all kinds of wrong. Getting TOT to GOTG:MB flashbacks.

View attachment 455181

Here's the old paint job-

DSC_5516.jpg

Perhaps that's just a primer or something? And a more weathered look is coming?

Nland316

View attachment 455181
It’s primer. This is the earliest of base coating they’re adding before aging and distressing is applied.
More often that not, base coats in terms of scenic painting are completely different than outcome of the final product. I remember this was a concern when the castle, as well as the World of Color viewing area were under refurb.
I expect the final product to be similar in warmth to what we currently see, but I do full heartedly know it won’t be as vibrant and flat as this.

mickEblu

It’s primer. This is the earliest of base coating they’re adding before aging and distressing is applied.
More often that not, base coats in terms of scenic painting are completely different than outcome of the final product. I remember this was a concern when the castle, as well as the World of Color viewing area were under refurb.
I expect the final product to be similar in warmth to what we currently see, but I do full heartedly know it won’t be as vibrant and flat as this.

oh so the raven and skull aren’t going to be the cutesy yellow/ cream color? Just possibly a more distressed cutesy yellow/cream. Does my point not stand when you are describing a raven and skulls color as “warm?”

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom