Disneyland Texas (COMPLETED)

Disney Warrior

Original Poster
Tomorrow City, Part 2
33C6D6A7-5897-48D7-9DB2-162234573DDB.jpeg

Welcome to the second part of exploring the city of the future in Disneyland Texas. Previously we explored the left side of the land, now we are going to explore the back and right sections.
As you walk towards the back section of the land, you will see a big structure looming above you. This is the Tomorrow City Power Plant, also known as Neo Space Mountain. It is a cyberpunk-esque (in fact, the whole land has a cyberpunk style) structure that has a roller coaster inside it. This e-ticket coaster is a launched coaster by Vekoma with a few inversions. To the right of it is the Disneyland Railroad Station, which heads toward Hollywood Boulevard. In between the two buildings is the in-park entrance to guests staying at the Progress City Resort, but we will get to that later.
Like I said in the previous part, there is a PeopleMover that travels through several rides in this land, including Neo Space Mountain, the PeopleMover also travels through other rides in the eastern section of the land.

The eastern section is a more city-like section, with many buildings, some of which are quick service restaurants like Space Sweets and Intergalactic Barbecue. This section also has many gift shops, too.
This section also has a few attractions like a modern version of the Timekeeper, a remastered version of Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin (which also has an entrance in Pixar Place), a dark ride named WALL-E‘s Journey (which also serves as as transition to Pixar Place), and an escape room named Tron: Escape the Grid where you are trying to get out of the Tron world while escaping Clu. At the edge of the eastern city section is one final attraction, Avengers: Save the City, which is a Kuka arm ride that has you fight villains like Thanos to save the small Marvel ”section” of Tomorrow City that also acts as a dead-end.

That, my friends, wraps up the penultimate land of Disneyland Texas. Next up we will be entering the gates between the Buzz and Wall-E rides and we will be exploring Pixar Place! Comments and feedback are allowed and appreciated.
Happy New Year (though it’s still December 31st in the US rn)!

oogie boogie man

Tomorrow City Power Plant, also known as Neo Space Mountain. It is a cyberpunk-esque (in fact, the whole land has a cyberpunk style) structure that has a roller coaster inside it. This e-ticket coaster is a launched coaster by Vekoma with a few inversions.

Neo + Cyberpunk = Keanu Reeves ride.

Just kidding, it sounds awesome. It would be a clear departure from the usual Space Mountain. It sounds like Incredible Hulk at Islands, but with more eye candy.

MickeyMouse10

I know I'm late, but Happy New Year Everyone. 🎆🎆🎉 (Yikes, the fireworks look like Corona!)

I was just wondering what would be on the peoplemover scene-wise. You know, like when they show the lady getting her hair done.

8464184944_0d6a6591e0_b.jpg

Disney Warrior

Original Poster
This project is not dead!
Pixar Place

02B214D7-D48A-449F-9A95-F1066527798F.jpeg

Beyond the gates to Pixar Place (that look like the above image), there lies a small land (smallest in the park) with many of your favorite Pixar pals.
The first ride in this land is Nemo and Friends SeaRider, which is a clone from Tokyo DisneySea, the building for that attraction can also be seen from Tomorrow City. Next to it, on its left is an attraction idea that was teased in the very first post, the Monsters Inc. Door Chase, which is a thrilling vekoma suspended roller coaster. There is also a whip attraction based on Cars, named Luigi’s Rollickin Roadsters (different from DCA attraction), and a meet and greet spot which rotates between a select number of characters from every Pixar film from Toy Story to Turning Red, the roster changes every month.
For this land’s dining options, there is a cafe themed to the Incredibles (who I really wanted to give a ride to, but I wanted to keep things realistic here) named Incredible Eats, a vegan quick service named Heimlich’s (themed to the character from A Bug’s Life), and of course, a fine dining restaurant in the IP based land, with Bistro Chez Remy, which is a French restaurant themed to Ratatouille.

This is the second-to-last post for the main park, next up will be short blurbs for the parades and fireworks, and then off to the rest of the resort! Comments appreciated

Disney Warrior

Original Poster
Entertainment at Disneyland Texas
2BCBFC5B-14E2-43F0-875E-79E5AFE7D7CB.jpeg

Parades:

Disney’s Oceans Parade: The daytime parade for the park, this parade features floats of films such as Frozen (the Arctic Ocean, I know, it takes place in Norway, but close enough, Chapeck would do this), The Jungle Book (Indian Ocean), The Little Mermaid (Atlantic Ocean), Lilo and Stitch (Pacific Ocean), and Finding Nemo (the continent of Oceania).

Disney’s Lights Parade: A spiritual successor of the original Electrical Parade, this parade features giant floats of popular Disney characters made out of bright lights, such as Mickey Mouse, Elliot the Dragon, and even Iron Man, Yoda, and Lightning McQueen.

Nighttime Show:
If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It: Named after an iconic quote from Walt Disney (the title was reused from a 1SC project), this fireworks show chronicles the life of Walt, since this resort is closest to Walt’s original home of Marceline, MO. This show features projections on Rapunzel‘s Castle, and the fireworks colors: yellow, green, aqua, pink, blue, and purple, represent the six lands of Disneyland Texas, Hollywood Boulevard, Adventure Outpost, Wild Lagoon, Fantasy Kingdom, Tomorrow City, and Pixar Place, respectively.

That, my friends, wraps up the main Disneyland Texas park, but it does not wrap this thread up! Next we will be exploring the resorts‘ other offerings, which are the entertainment district and the hotels (no second gate, water park, golf course, or other things). We’re heading west next!

Disney Warrior

Original Poster
Disney Outpost
F53FC62F-8E1A-4476-962B-E6933A85F965.jpeg

Howdy, and welcome to the Disney Outpost, which serves as the equivalent to Downtown Disney/Disney Springs in this resort, but Wild West themed. Disney Outpost also acts as an esplanade connecting Disneyland Park to most of the resort hotels.
There are many sub-areas of Disney Outpost, and I won’t be going over them since food and retail are not my specialty.
Town Square: The main and biggest section, it is themed to an old-timey ghost town with taverns, a saloon, and a shooting range.
City Central: The ghost town buildings transition to more modern buildings based on older LA/NYC/Chicago, there are restaurants, shops, and a high-tech VR experience that changes monthly, as well as a hotel, this also transitions into Hollywood Boulevard of Disneyland Park. There is a walkway here to another hotel.
Little Mexico: The third section of Disney Outpost, this is themed to a town with Mexican architecture, with restaurants, shops (including an alijibre one), and an escape room that also changes IP, this section also contains a hotel, and it exists because of the high Spanish speaking population and proximity to Mexico.

Next section will be hotels!

Disney Warrior

Original Poster
Why do I feel like posting more today?

Hotels at Disneyland Texas
1C504051-DC64-4461-8378-407565F419AA.jpeg

There are three hotels in the Disneyland Texas resort, two deluxe hotels and one value resort. This will also be the second to last major post on this thread, so we‘re in the home stretch here!

Disneyland Hotel
Themed to many buildings in New York such as the Empire State Building and Rockefeller Center, this is the grand flagship resort. Containing over 1,000 guest rooms, a spa, a pizzeria, and the resort‘s most fancy restaurant (which is the only one in this resort that has a dress code), this hotel is the most suited to conventioneers.

Disney’s Progress City Resort
Based on Progress City from WDW, this deluxe resort is a futuristic resort with ultra-modern guest rooms and suites, a unique table service restaurant, and even a special park entrance into Tomorrow City at Disneyland Park. This resort also contains a pool (well, every hotel has a pool, so it isn’t special).

Disney’s Fiesta Resort
Themed to Mexican villages, fiestas, and Latin American Disney IPs, this value resort is styled like Pop Century and Art of Animation, where there are multiple wings themed around Saludos Amigos, Coco, Up, and Encanto, with suites, multiple pools, and a food court in the main building.
Don’t forget the fact that there are also other offsite Good Neighbor Hotels like the Hilton and the Marriott.

The next and final main post on this thread will be the ending post! Stay tuned for that

Disney Warrior

Original Poster
Time to finally end this thread!

Disneyland Texas Ending Post

My oh my what a ride this was. This was my second dream resort, and fun fact, it almost didn’t happen! I was also once on the verge of putting this park on hiatus or even cancelling Disneyland Texas! I was kinda surprised when I found out that this thread had more replies and views than Disneyland Germany, but part of that was because I’m popular lol. Of course, @Honey Bee (Rebooted) and @MickeyWaffleCo. still followed along with this thread, and @MickeyMouse10 and the others were also major followers of this thread. It has been almost four months since the start of this thread, and it’s now almost a week after the one year anniversary of DisneySky’s last major post. Now if you wonder what I’m going to do next (that isn’t comp related), then it will be a Nintendo park, I don’t have plans for another resort on the same scale as DLT or DLG. I’m not leaving this forum either. Well then, keep dreaming everyone, I’ll catch you later!
3D31D4A4-3C68-4777-9AF9-58778A2A71AC.gif
- Disney Warrior

MickeyMouse10

Time to finally end this thread!

Disneyland Texas Ending Post

My oh my what a ride this was. This was my second dream resort, and fun fact, it almost didn’t happen! I was also once on the verge of putting this park on hiatus or even cancelling Disneyland Texas! I was kinda surprised when I found out that this thread had more replies and views than Disneyland Germany, but part of that was because I’m popular lol. Of course, @Honey Bee (Rebooted) and @MickeyWaffleCo. still followed along with this thread, and @MickeyMouse10 and the others were also major followers of this thread. It has been almost four months since the start of this thread, and it’s now almost a week after the one year anniversary of DisneySky’s last major post. Now if you wonder what I’m going to do next (that isn’t comp related), then it will be a Nintendo park, I don’t have plans for another resort on the same scale as DLT or DLG. I’m not leaving this forum either. Well then, keep dreaming everyone, I’ll catch you later!

- Disney Warrior

Awesome man, it has been a pleasure. Thanks for giving us something to look forward to in these dark times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom