Disneyland "Social Clubs"

Phroobar

But isn't that kind of freaky? I'm not sure why anyone would want to take pics with someone that did photo update on parks? Not a knock on you as a person at all but just bizarre actions by the fanbase.
If you meet Darkbeer or pretty much anyone here at the parks wouldn't you want to take picture with them?

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

This whole thing is like out of an episode of SEINFELD. It reminds me of the one with the VAN BUREN BOYS. Any grown adult who is part of a DISNEY GANG needs their head examined. also while we are on the subject of people we can't stand at the park, I can't stand this stupid DAPPER DAY the AP'S do. it is so annoying and obnoxious. all about 'LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! I AM DRESSED UP DAPPER! YOU DID NOT KNOW IT WAS DAPPER DAY! I GUESS YOU ARE NOT ONE OF US DISNEY ELITE! HA HA HA! I AM SOOO IN THE KNOW AND HAVE EXCLUSIVITY IN THE PARK. I KNOW DISNEYLAND BETTER THAN YOU!!!!" I also can't stand these bloggers like Justin Scarred or Fresh Baked who vlog about everything like they are some Disney authority and they just have this air of phoneyness about them and snobbiness. that voice Justin does is soo annoying because it is now his real voice. just go to the park and enjoy yourself. stop vlogging.

SuddenStorm

Let people have fun and live their life however they want as long as they're not endangering anyone.
You live a much happier life when you let people have fun and live their life however they want as long as they're not endangering anyone.

In the case of the gangs... er, Social Clubs- The article reports stories of them "helping park security", doing a parade of bubbles down Main Street, etc. What are your thoughts on average guests trying to create entertainment for others at Disneyland?

Phroobar

In the case of the gangs... er, Social Clubs- The article reports stories of them "helping park security", doing a parade of bubbles down Main Street, etc. What are your thoughts on average guests trying to create entertainment for others at Disneyland?
I'm not at Disneyland to see 40 year olds who dress like children and don't have day jobs talk like cartoon characters blowing bubbles in my face. I don't want to be "entertained" by these people. I want to go on a ride or two and enjoy time with my family and eat over priced food!"

Phroobar

This whole thing is like out of an episode of SEINFELD. It reminds me of the one with the VAN BUREN BOYS. Any grown adult who is part of a DISNEY GANG needs their head examined. also while we are on the subject of people we can't stand at the park, I can't stand this stupid DAPPER DAY the AP'S do. it is so annoying and obnoxious. all about 'LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! I AM DRESSED UP DAPPER! YOU DID NOT KNOW IT WAS DAPPER DAY! I GUESS YOU ARE NOT ONE OF US DISNEY ELITE! HA HA HA! I AM SOOO IN THE KNOW AND HAVE EXCLUSIVITY IN THE PARK. I KNOW DISNEYLAND BETTER THAN YOU!!!!" I also can't stand these bloggers like Justin Scarred or Fresh Baked who vlog about everything like they are some Disney authority and they just have this air of phoneyness about them and snobbiness. that voice Justin does is soo annoying because it is now his real voice. just go to the park and enjoy yourself. stop vlogging.
Gay days, Goth days and Star Wars days are just as bad.

Let people have fun and live their life however they want as long as they're not endangering anyone.
You live a much happier life when you let people have fun and live their life however they want as long as they're not endangering anyone.
Actually these groups do put guests in danger. There are groups that shake down tourists by offering protection of their stuff when they are on rides. I've seen people dress up like Disney characters and have their own unauthorized meet and greet. I saw this one guy dressed up as Ben Kenobi doing exactly that in Adventureland.

Stevek

Gay days, Goth days and Star Wars days are just as bad.

Actually these groups do put guests in danger. There are groups that shake down tourists by offering protection of their stuff when they are on rides. I've seen people dress up like Disney characters and have their own unauthorized meet and greet. I saw this one guy dressed up as Ben Kenobi doing exactly that in Adventureland.
But they are having fun and living life so that's ok! :banghead::oops:

mickEblu

I haven’t seen any of these biker gangs in a while. Are they becoming less popular, is Disney “discouraging” them from coming or am I just missing them?

SSG

This gem from Vice on the social clubs always cracked me up

It's probably safe to assume they got recruited the same way little homies get down with MS-13. But I guess, instead of jumping its initiates and coercing them into first-degree murder, Main Street Elite probably just tickles the s%!+ out of them and makes them ride Space Mountain (or whatever) until they blow chunks. But hey, good for you, man. You're your star player, and you should do whatever makes you happy. Even if you have to drown out the voice inside your head that keeps asking, What the f#(% has my life become?

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Disneyland Social Clubs
1536881064847.png

MoonRakerSCM

Last Friday in Adventureland amongst the horror of packed full walkways, a person was tweeting a whistle... It was quite annoying/ concerning... A friend claimed it was a gang walking through but i couldn't tell.

WEDwaydatamover

If your going to form precious little Orange County gangs that people laugh at, why bicker against what area is best about DL or who has the fakest Cheshire smile? but what managers and Imagineers need to get gone to work elsewhere and the fastest at that!

Start that petition if you are truly righteous OR climb aboard the mommy and daddy damage train that forms behind you. Directly.

The only true social clubs in Disneyland are The Mickey Mouse Club and Club 33.

Hope they don't tag the Matterhorn and put barberwire around the Christmas star.

Eech...

Last edited:

Salted Nut Roll

I'm honestly not sure where the idea that people who do Dapper Day and other events, or blog about something they're passionate about are somehow trying to be superior. They may not be your cup of tea (I don't watch vlogs myself), but I've never gotten an "elitist" vibe from them. Anyone can participate in dress-up days if they choose. I'm not an AP, and I participated in Dapper Day in 2016. I certainly wasn't sitting on my smug a**, congratulating myself on being so superior to the "commonfolk." As far as I could tell, everyone was just doing their own thing, whether they were wearing three-piece suits or jeans and t-shirts. Nobody cares so much about strangers that they'd choose their Disneyland outfit or make a video solely to irritate them or make them feel inferior.

As for dressing up in general, I think there is a great deal of misunderstanding about the reasons people dress up, at Disneyland or anywhere else. I'm a grown adult who has cosplayed for more than a decade. For me, and most people I've interacted with, it's not about "LOOK AT MEEEE! I must be the center of attention!!!!"" It's about creating something, whether it be from scratch or an outfit you thoughtfully put together. It's amazing to see the creative ways people portray a character or an era. Moreover, it's something many people do with their friends. I know a group who hand-makes their Dapper Day outfits every year in between working their day jobs and managing their families. And then they get to go to the park and have fun together and enjoy wearing these outfits that they labored so hard at making. And heck yes, when you've worked hard to create a piece, it's great when someone compliments you on it. In this case, it's not about "LOOK AT MEEEEE!!!11" It's about, "Hey, look at this cool thing I made." But getting attention isn't the REASON most of us do it. We do it because we enjoy it.

Last edited:

Salted Nut Roll

Narcissism is more like it.

It's a creative and social outlet. If I really wanted attention, I could jump into the ROA naked while screaming the lyrics to "It's a Small World" at the top of my lungs. It'd be a lot easier and more cost-effective. And hey, I'd probably even make the evening news! But neither I nor anyone else would want that.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I'm honestly not sure where the idea that people who do Dapper Day and other events, or blog about something they're passionate about are somehow trying to be superior. They may not be your cup of tea (I don't watch vlogs myself), but I've never gotten an "elitist" vibe from them. Anyone can participate in dress-up days if they choose. I'm not an AP, and I participated in Dapper Day in 2016. I certainly wasn't sitting on my smug a**, congratulating myself on being so superior to the "commonfolk." As far as I could tell, everyone was just doing their own thing, whether they were wearing three-piece suits or jeans and t-shirts. Nobody cares so much about strangers that they'd choose their Disneyland outfit or make a video solely to irritate them or make them feel inferior.

As for dressing up in general, I think there is a great deal of misunderstanding about the reasons people dress up, at Disneyland or anywhere else. I'm a grown adult who has cosplayed for more than a decade. For me, and most people I've interacted with, it's not about "LOOK AT MEEEE! I must be the center of attention!!!!"" It's about creating something, whether it be from scratch or an outfit you thoughtfully put together. It's amazing to see the creative ways people portray a character or an era. Moreover, it's something many people do with their friends. I know a group who hand-makes their Dapper Day outfits every year in between working their day jobs and managing their families. And then they get to go to the park and have fun together and enjoy wearing these outfits that they labored so hard at making. And heck yes, when you've worked hard to create a piece, it's great when someone compliments you on it. In this case, it's not about "LOOK AT MEEEEE!!!11" It's about, "Hey, look at this cool thing I made." But getting attention isn't the REASON most of us do it. We do it because we enjoy it.
Well then you are the exception not the rule. I did not mean to attack you personally I was just saying in general and I still feel this way, that a lot of these people do it for the attention and to be superior. you on the other hand have a genuine passion and that is cool. I don't know how cosplay got brought up since my post had nothing to do with it, just dapper day morons and vloggers. I have no problem with cosplayers except at the park. they should not come to the park dressed as characters. if you want to wear a shirt of your fav character or whatnot, fine. but when you come fully dressed and taking pictures with people and signing autographs a line has been crossed. and Disney feels the same way on that issue as I do since they have a rule about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom