News Disneyland Resort in California plans to begin phased reopening July 9

TP2000

So your first impressions?

I think he might be accidentally wearing a ladies suit. I believe it's from the MissTerious line.

a620a515e2801504e6fd4d802031e888.gif

Giss Neric

If you read the comments on the announcements on Twitter, you would expect people would get excited but nooooo.. Goes to show how toxic people in twitter are. Bashing Disney for opening too soon and only cares about profit and not the safety of their castmembers.

TP2000

If you read the comments on the announcements on Twitter, you would expect people would get excited but nooooo.. Goes to show how toxic people in twitter are. Bashing Disney for opening too soon and only cares about profit and not the safety of their castmembers.

I knew that would happen.

Just wait until there's photos on Twitter of a Jungle Cruise boat with 11 people on board instead of only 8. In a boat designed to hold 40. Then the real fun will begin.

TP2000

I don't know I think it looks like your standard Brooks Brothers or Men's Warehouse suit to me.

I don't envy Mr. Potrock trying to find a suit in today's slim styles with his beefy athletic frame. And he's honestly not a bad looking guy.

But I would not have chosen a jacket hem cut that short on his torso; it works on a 30 year old slim guy, but looks more like a ladies cut on a beefy 50 year old. He has a physique that is just crying out for wider lapels and longer hems to come back in style!

As for his words... predictable and rather vapid. I cringed when he used the word "amazing", which tells me there's a 28 year old cubicle drone actually writing this for him. At least the cubicle farms are reopening! 🥳

Mr. Potrock does seem more approachable and genuine than Colglazier. He's not at the level of Josh D'amaro, AKA The Dreamiest Executive Ever, but at least he looks friendlier and more genuine than Colglazier ever could. Let's wait to see his first filmed interview to see how he does.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I don't envy him trying to find a suit in today's slim styles with his beefy athletic frame.

But I would not have chosen a jacket hem cut that short on his torso; it works on a 30 year old slim guy, but looks like a ladies cut on a beefy 50 year old. He has a body that is just crying out for wider lapels and longer hems to come back in style!

As for his words... predictable and rather vapid. I cringed when he used the word "amazing", which only tells me there's a 28 year old cubicle drone actually writing this for him. At least the cubicle farms are reopening!

Mr. Potrock does seem more approachable and genuine than Colglazier. He's not at the level of Josh D'amaro, AKA The Dreamiest Executive Ever, but at least he looks friendlier and more genuine than Colglazier ever could. Let's wait to see his first filmed interview to see how he does.
I know you like to make fun of the use of the "cubicle drones" for the PR stuff, but most executives are trained in this type of speak. So its not hard for me to believe that he typed this up himself. After all he does have an MBA from Northwestern. Just saying....

TP2000

I know you like to make fun of the use of the "cubicle drones" for the PR stuff, but most executives are trained in this type of speak. So its not hard for me to believe that he typed this up himself. After all he does have an MBA from Northwestern. Just saying....

No, don't tell me that! I want to believe there is a perky cubicle drone named Mackenzie who writes all this stuff. The Communications Majors of America need the work.

Why are the boats being launched half-full??

Social Distancing; see photo below. You can't do this anymore or you will kill grandma and it will be proof that Disney hates its Cast Members and values profits over their health and safety. Duh.

junglecruise_boat_wdw2009ww.jpg

It's also why I'm going to get my own race car at Radiator Springs Racers, or my own prison car at Rise Before Dawn, when I tell the CM assigning rows "One, please".

Curious Constance

It kills me that they haven’t released more info on the reservation system yet.

When they say they will prioritize those that have tickets first, are they talking about people who purchased tickets only or a package hotel/ticket combo? If it’s both, how do they know I have tickets? I mean they emailed me the tickets and they are linked in my Disneyland App, but how do they know when I intend on using them? Or are they going to release several months worth of reservations at once thru January when the tickets expire?

Disney Irish

Premium Member

When they say they will prioritize those that have tickets first, are they talking about people who purchased tickets only or a package hotel/ticket combo? If it’s both, how do they know I have tickets? I mean they emailed me the tickets and they are linked in my Disneyland App, but how do they know when I intend on using them? Or are they going to release several months worth of reservations at once thru January when the tickets expire?
Well I assume they'll be using the same if not similar reservation system that WDW will be using. I believe, if not mistaken, it'll be the new "Genie" system they announced back at D23.

And again I assume it'll be like WDW, a hotel reservation does not guarantee a park reservation. You must have a ticket to get a park reservation. So they will likely be using the barcode number on your ticket to confirm your reservation.

As for the rest we'll have to wait and see as we get closer to July.

TP2000

It is troubling that they don't have any information on that yet. I'll give them another week, but once we get to the 30 day window of the parks reopening on both coasts, they need to say something.

I'd bet a Venti Frappuccino that Mackenzie is sitting patiently in her cubicle waiting to craft an amazing statement about park reservations, but the executives don't actually know how it works yet.

(Mackenzie thinks Frappuccino's are amaaaaazing!)

Professortango1

I could be wrong but aren't community centers, bars, and other such venues part of Phase 3, which California will be in starting Friday. So shouldn't community centers be able to reopen as soon as Friday, before DLR.

Nope. Theatres, museums, and other such facilities are Stage 4. A theatre that sees 100 patrons can't reopen (for good reason) yet Disney jumps the line for money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom