Disneyland Report

Phroobar

You have to make sure it’s in line with what the rest of the front of line passes cost. So if it’s $30 max for other equivalent passes across the world than that is all the market can bear.

However just by eliminating paper FPs and keeping MaxPass as it is will have less people using FP.

But I just want to say I don’t think eliminating FP will have the effect all opponents of FP think it will have. Crowding will not be eliminated, it just won’t. The issue is ride capacity not FP, they need to bring online attactions with large ride capacity again. Which hasn’t been done in decades. That is what will solve crowding, not eliminating FP. That’s just my opinion.
Knotts Fast Lane is $70 per person and has a limited number available
Magic Mountain Flash Pass is $45 for assigned times, $70 for 50% faster assigned times, $110 for 90% faster assigned times.

So since this is Disney you can expect it to be at least $110 (per person per day) plus $50 for the "Disney tax" for instant front of the line for any ride.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Knotts Fast Lane is $70 per person and has a limited number available
Magic Mountain Flash Pass is $45 for assigned times, $70 for 50% faster assigned times, $110 for 90% faster assigned times.

So since this is Disney you can expect it to be at least $110 (per person per day) plus $50 for the "Disney tax" for instant front of the line for any ride.

I don't think it'll ever be that high, as Disney tickets are already higher than most. Plus since we already know that a majority of DLR guest are APs, they won't pay that much. So a lower price point is still where its going to be. Probably no more than $30 per ticket as an add-on in my mind sounds about right. However in 10 years who knows.

Phroobar

I don't think it'll ever be that high, as Disney tickets are already higher than most. Plus since we already know that a majority of DLR guest are APs, they won't pay that much. So a lower price point is still where its going to be. Probably no more than $30 per ticket as an add-on in my mind sounds about right. However in 10 years who knows.
Gate price at Knotts is $82 while at MM it is $90. Universal is $129 with front gate it is $249. So Disney has a ton of space to increase the price of maxpass to get in line with everyone else. Right now it's practically free.

Phroobar

A one day ticket to Disneyland is $135 for peak time so they could make max pass $114 to match Universal with front gate at peak times.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Gate price at Knotts is $82 while at MM it is $90. Universal is $129 with front gate it is $249. So Disney has a ton of space to increase the price of maxpass to get in line with everyone else. Right now it's practically free.
A one day ticket to Disneyland is $135 for peak time so they could make max pass $114 to match Universal with front gate at peak times.

I just don't think they will charge that much, especially when completely switching and turning off something that was previously free.

Plus, I don't know why you're so in favor of Disney charging more for something. Especially when it's not going to produce the effect that everyone wants, which is less crowding.

Phroobar

I just don't think they will charge that much, especially when completely switching and turning off something that was previously free.

Plus, I don't know why you're so in favor of Disney charging more for something. Especially when it's not going to produce the effect that everyone wants, which is less crowding.
If it's maxpass only and it costs more, less people will have it making standby move faster.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If it's maxpass only and it costs more, less people will have it making standby move faster.

I know that FP opponents wants to believe that, but I think with 2018 crowding it wouldn't matter. Standby is going to be slow and long for everyone no matter if FP was used or not.

Phroobar

I know that FP opponents wants to believe that, but I think with 2018 crowding it wouldn't matter. Standby is going to be slow and long for everyone no matter if FP was used or not.
It has been shown that without fast pass lines move faster. Case in point is POTC. Without FP, Disney could use the entire queue line for Space Mountain and Indiana Jones. FP is a complete failure and doesn't work with the size of crowds these days. It just makes lines and crowding worst.

Phroobar

The thing is cast members use to be smarter when playing fast pass traffic cop. Now they give top priority to anyone that stumbles in with a fast pass and purposely make the standby line wait when there hasn't been any fast pass holders for ten minutes. I've even seen one cast member completely forget about standby until her supervisor came up wondering why standby was so backed up. A half hour without stand by movement is unacceptable.

TROR

Original Poster
As of this year there really has not been overcrowding. That being said I do only visit on weekends so they could be due to blockouts. Last year was double the crowds of this year, easily, if wait times are anything to go off of.

I also agree though it is really frustrating to be on a ride and have a cast member not letting stand by in. It can be ridiculous. One day when I went Indy jad maybe 200 people in the standby line.it was only like one or two of the roped sections and the rest of that plaza was empty. It still took 15 minutes to get to the temple part because the employee was waiting for non-existent FP users.

I'm sorry to hear your trip wasn't fun. This summer especially has been really nice for me anytime I visit. I have not checked out the new Pier though.
Nah my trip was fun save for the 2 hours of waiting and my unorganized night schedule. It was really nice to be back in DCA after 5 years even if they had ruined some parts of it I used to love.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It has been shown that without fast pass lines move faster. Case in point is POTC. Without FP, Disney could use the entire queue line for Space Mountain and Indiana Jones. FP is a complete failure and doesn't work with the size of crowds these days. It just makes lines and crowding worst.

You're looking at individual attractions and not the entire system (the resort) as a whole. If you stopped all FP (or basically made it so expensive that only a few can get it which is the same as stopping it) all those people that would be doing something else would still be stand in line anyways. Its not like those guests simply disappear or somehow go elsewhere because FP gets eliminated.

The issue has always been and continues to be capacity, specifically needing more attractions with larger per hour capacity.

Besides we can discuss this over and over and over until we're blue in the face, FP as a system isn't going anywhere. It may continue to change and become digital only with MaxPass, but it will never be completely eliminated. 20 years of data shows that Disney is never going to get rid of it.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The thing is cast members use to be smarter when playing fast pass traffic cop. Now they give top priority to anyone that stumbles in with a fast pass and purposely make the standby line wait when there hasn't been any fast pass holders for ten minutes. I've even seen one cast member completely forget about standby until her supervisor came up wondering why standby was so backed up. A half hour without stand by movement is unacceptable.

That is a CM training issue.

Phroobar

If fast pass disappeared, everyone would be in line where they belong. The walk ways wouldn't be packed with people that have nothing better to do but wait for their ride time and treat the place like a mall. Lines would move faster because they wouldn't be stopped by people taking virtual cuts. Queues could use both sides (old fast pass line) making everyone fit the line better. Fastpass has been a disaster for 20 years. We have 40 years of proof that one line works better.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If fast pass disappeared, everyone would be in line where they belong. The walk ways wouldn't be packed with people that have nothing better to do but wait for their ride time and treat the place like a mall. Lines would move faster because they wouldn't be stopped by people taking virtual cuts. Queues could use both sides (old fast pass line) making everyone fit the line better. Fastpass has been a disaster for 20 years. We have 40 years of proof that one line works better.
But those 40 years didn't have 50k+ people daily. Attendance levels are different than they were prior to FP. If it was apples-to-apples with everything the same I may agree with you. But the idea that the walkways would be clear and ride times would go down across the board with no FP is a false pretense with no data to prove that in today's DLR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom