Disneyland Project/Rumor Tracker

BasiltheBatLord

Original Poster
Updates
- Removed Fantasmic! premiere due to completion
- Removed New Orleans Square flattening project as I believe that's done now too

Not a lot happening at the resort anymore that we know about... The only announced major projects in the parks now are Runaway Railway/Toontown and the PatF Splash re-theme which still hasn't started.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Updates
- Removed Fantasmic! premiere due to completion
- Removed New Orleans Square flattening project as I believe that's done now too

Not a lot happening at the resort anymore that we know about... The only announced major projects in the parks now are Runaway Railway/Toontown and the PatF Splash re-theme which still hasn't started.
Hopefully we will get more info on the future of DLR at D23 this year.

TeriofTerror

Does anyone know when Uva and Catal are closing to become Centrico and Paseo? I was trying to make ADRs at Uva for our trip in September, and no dates and times were available.

Ismael Flores

I think it has a good chance of happening, if Disney is willing to agree to things the city wants in return for the deal.

We are just in the early prep stages, lots can change during the process.

As they say, only time will tell.
Hi Darkbeer, haven’t heard from you in a while. Hope all is well.

Any news regarding the proposal

Door Coaster

Day 1 of D23 = update suggestions list!

Avengers E-Ticket for DCA back on the table, may either be the original Quinjet or something new [source]
More details of the Toontown redo announced [source] - a new restaurant named "Daisy's", new name for the kiddie, new facades all over the land, visitors no longer allowed into Donald's Boat, and Goofy's House reimagined into a candy store thing among others

BasiltheBatLord

Original Poster
Day 1 of D23 = update suggestions list!

Avengers E-Ticket for DCA back on the table, may either be the original Quinjet or something new [source]
More details of the Toontown redo announced [source] - a new restaurant named "Daisy's", new name for the kiddie, new facades all over the land, visitors no longer allowed into Donald's Boat, and Goofy's House reimagined into a candy store thing among others
Thanks. I'm planning on waiting until at least the parks panel on Sunday to update so that I can do one big bulk update. So thread will be a little outdated for the next two days or so.

Door Coaster

Minor Bit's N Bobs:

GiveMeTheMusic has stated that a small retheme for somewhere is planned, but couldn't go into detail beyond that. My personal guess is a Frozen overlay for the Matterhorn. [source]
After the Avengers E, Tomorrowland is the next big project in the DLR [source]
Tomorrowland redo was changed again due to Lightyear bombing, likely got pulled from D23 due to "Some Other Site" stealing Disney's thunder [source]
Pacific Wharf turning into San Fransokyo. Will include shops, restaurants and a meet and greet, but no attraction. [official]
Pixar Place Hotel officially announced [official]
Wondrous Journeys is back [official]
The Quinjet has morphed into an entirely different ride likely using something like Minions at Universal. King Thanos is the villain. [official]
New version of World of Color [official]
Mandalorian and Grogu coming to Disneyland (and only Disneyland) [official]
Porto's is coming along with other restaurants [official]
There is also a Hulk meet and greet coming to Disneyland that was also announced at D23

EDITED: Big Hero 6 is not a Pixar film

Last edited:

BasiltheBatLord

Original Poster
D23 update-palooza. Let me know if I missed anything

Disneyland Park
Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway/Toontown Overhaul (under construction)
  • Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway opening in Toontown in 2022 early 2023, will be different from WDW's version in some fashion, even if just minor details [official]
    • Will have unique queue and facade [official]
      • Will feature a unique, interactive queue featuring a museum of props from Mickey cartoons [official] [added]
    • D23 2022: Additional details & concept art [official] [added]
  • Tiana's Bayou Adventure Splash Mountain Re-theme (announced)
    • Splash Mountain will be re-themed to "Tiana's Bayou Adventure" themed after The Princess & the Frog[official]
      • D23 2022: New facade and story details [official] [added]
    • New restaurant "Tiana's Place" will open in New Orleans Square along with attraction [official] [added]
    • A related new Tiana-themed store is coming to New Orleans Square September 20, 2022 [official] [added]
  • Tomorrowland Changes (planned/on hold?)
    • Plans exist to eventually overhaul Tomorrowland at some undetermined point in time [source]
      • September 2022: Tomorrowland re-do is the next major project for Disneyland "barring a massive shakeup" [source] [added]
    • Much of the Tomorrowland overhaul was based on the "Lightyear" movie, re-do is now going back to the drawing board after it flopped [source] [added]
  • Entertainment
    • Magic Happens parade is finally returning to Disneyland in Spring 2023 [official] [added]
    • A new fireworks show "Wondrous Journeys" will debut in Spring 2023 as a part of the Disney100 celebration [official] [added]
Disney California Adventure
  • Avengers Campus Phase 2 (announced)
    • New multiverse e-ticket attraction [official] [added]
      • "an epic family adventure, where you’ll get to team up with more of the Avengers and their allies to battle against foes from the multiverse, including King Thanos, a villain designed specifically for Avengers Campus."
      • Seems to have replaced the previously announced Avengers Quinjet e-ticket from 2019 [official]
      • No date or timeline announced
  • San Fransokyo Land (announced) [added]
    • Pacific Wharf will be transformed into a San Fransokyo land with a dedicated Baymax meet & greet and new shops and restaurants. [official]
    • The land will not feature any attractions, just an aesthetic overlay [source]
  • Entertainment
    • New World of Color show "One" will debut in late January 2023 as a part of the Disney100 celebration, featuring a new original song [official] [added]
Downtown Disney
  • West End Overhaul
    • The west end of Downtown Disney is undergoing a "multi-year reimagining" to include "an even broader collection of shopping, dining and entertainment experiences." [official]
      • D23 2022: Additional details [official] [added]
Resort-wide/Hotels
  • Disney100 Celebration [added]
    • The Disney100 Celebration will come to the resort in late January 2023, celebrating the 100th anniversary of the founding of The Walt Disney Company [official]
      • "The Happiest Place on Earth will receive new platinum-infused décor, new sparkling looks for Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and their pals, special food and beverage offerings, and so much more."
  • Paradise Pier Hotel Pixar Place Re-Theme (announced)
    • Official name: Pixar Place Hotel [official] [added]

Last edited:

MK-fan

Im hoping this Avengers attraction opens in 2025. Disney might wanna do a new attraction every year kinda thing with Runaway Railway opening next year, Bayou Adventure in 2024 and Avengers in 2025. Three years to develop and build a ride can be a stretch for Disney so most likely 2026 because DCA will have its 25th Anniversary that year.

truecoat

Im hoping this Avengers attraction opens in 2025. Disney might wanna do a new attraction every year kinda thing with Runaway Railway opening next year, Bayou Adventure in 2024 and Avengers in 2025. Three years to develop and build a ride can be a stretch for Disney so most likely 2026 because DCA will have its 25th Anniversary that year.

By the time that Avengers ride opens, the multiverse will be so last year + 2 more years.

BasiltheBatLord

Original Poster
Catching up, let me know if I've missed anything

Updates
- Added Toontown full re-opening date
- Added opening date for Magic Happens
- Added more details on Adventureland Treehouse re-theme
- Added rumored May closing of Splash Mountain
- Removed Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway now that it's open
- Removed Disney100 stuff now that it's premiered
- Removed MagicBand+

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom