Disneyland Paris requires 150 euros per person for unlimited FastPass, Is WDW next?

winstongator

Exactly. And I could see them expanding it out to deluxe level or something like that...Then mods....etc...

I think they would first restrict the ability to refresh and add more FP's throughout the day to the commoners..
I don't think they will. I hear very little about people doing it, and it's quite expensive. The way they work now, they incentivize people to stay on property for longer stays - it's easier to get FP at the end of your trip because of the 60+length of stay. The other way they are doing it is with the paid early morning and evening hard-ticketed events. I think they don't want to mess too much with the 'regular day experience'. The current system also allows people to get to the parks at all times of day and not have to race around for paper FP. While those that race around miss the old system, that's not most guests. Evidence of this is how relatively empty the parks are at rope-drop.

Kman101

I find Universal express to be very useful and not overpriced at all - when it comes as the result of booking a deluxe room onsite.

I like Universal's Express Pass. WDW's system is a mess. It doesn't have to be. They overcomplicate everything. Universal's Express Pass is easy. You walk up, pay for it, and go use it on attractions. It's not something I'd pay for all the time but I totally think it's worth it. I don't like how WDW does FP. And let's not even get started on the option of booking them a zillion months ahead of time.

phillip9698

I'd pay for the one time per ride pass for my family for one day at Magic Kingdom. Magic Kingdom is just a chore, especially on first time visits where you want to maximize actual ride time. The other parks I'd just use the normal system.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I cringe at the thought of FoP's line with people taking advantage of unlimited FP's.

IF they do it, they need to have some sort of waiting period that way someone can't bypass a 200 minute wait, get on the ride in less than ten minutes and then loop back around and do it again for the same attraction. I'd imagine people who couldn't afford it wouldn't be coming back anytime soon. If a park were to become empty or even slow, kind of defeats the purpose. Point is, execution/balance is key.
Thursday, with moderate crowds, it took half an hour from entering the FP+ first touch point to walking out of the gift shop. Nobody's going to be doing the ride in 10 minutes.

CJR

Thursday, with moderate crowds, it took half an hour from entering the FP+ first touch point to walking out of the gift shop. Nobody's going to be doing the ride in 10 minutes.

I said in quote "get on the ride". I've personally done FP in less than 10 minutes wait. Pretty much walked right into the preshow. Either way, don't get wrapped around technicalities, point is that it's a fraction of the wait time for standby.

BigThunderMatt

Honestly? I'd prefer this to this asinine in-between system of limiting so many per person per day AND what you get is entirely determined by if you're on or off property. Universal doesn't discriminate with theirs. You get it for staying on property or you can buy it, but there's no difference between the two (other than the two versions of it but I'm sure the unlimited is more popular). You know what makes me MORE likely to spend money in shops and restaurants? Not feeling obligated to be somewhere at any one specific time. I'd gladly pay for the ability to have one FastPass per attraction that has it with no time constraints. I mean, if I had that I probably WOULD be more inclined to book say a fireworks dessert party or the like since it'd be one of the few things I'd really have to plan into my day.

People who don't want to shell over the cash for Express Passes are looking at both FP+ and the previous one with rose-colored glasses. Who misses rushing to Soarin' first thing to get a FastPass so you're not waiting in a 3 hour line or coming back at 8pm? Not this guy. Who enjoys being on their computer at midnight 60 days prior to their arrival to plan what attractions they think they'll be on in 2 months? Not this guy. Who would gladly shell out money to avoid either scenario? This guy.

BigDave

Universals Express isn't bad depending on the price you pay for the hotel. We are a family of 5 and with a blowup mattress all fit just fine at Portofino or Royal Pacific. We are lucky to be Florida Resident and wait for a great offer, off season, etc. We have paid $200 a night for a great room with express for 5 ($70 x 5=$350 savings). So it does work out for us. We have had a few hiccups with lines, but nothing crazy.

I would hate for Disney to go to 3 lines. One for Ultra FastPass for people who can afford the Deluxe Resorts and an add on, Fast Pass +, and then standby. The parks, resorts, food, etc. are already getting way to expensive as is.

Kinda sad to hear my wife (a 5th grade teacher) listen to her class say "Wow, we go to Disney this year. It will be my first time ever!! My parents say we cant afford it" That's sad for kids 2 1/2 hours away not be able to go because of cost.

erasure fan1

That would stink.
I remember the days before FP, they were hot lines that lasted for hours. You had to do E tics during MSEP or the fireworks.
It really, really did stink.
Its funny how people see things differently. Before fastpass I found all the wait times to be less on average. The lines always moved and you knew that if the wait said 60 min, it was going to be more like 45 min or so. E tickets obviously have always had high demand. But a 60 min wait for splash before fastpass, is now closer to 100 min plus for stand-by with it. And dont forget what fastpass has done to the omni movers like pirates and haunted mansion, rarely over 20 min pre fastpass. Last trip those 2 didn't get under 20 min till the fireworks. And unfortunately fastpass has gotten worse rather than better.

Slov72

I think WDW instituted fastpass + too quickly.... something more akin to Maxpass in DLR is a much better option.... was out there in February for the first time and was amazed at how great the system is.... everyone can use the paper fastpasses, but pay a little more and have the option on your app. Get on a ride and book your next one. Amazingly efficient and I was able to hit all the rides I wanted with almost no wait throughout the day.

pax_65

The question is, how would a paid system would affect how FP+ currently works? I'm sure enough people would use it to have some kind of impact. I suspect popular FPs would be even more difficult to get. You may have to pay for it if you want the same kind of experience you're currently enjoying.

If that's the case, I'll pay for it... and cut down on the frequency of my trips even more than I already have. At one time I went 2-3 times a year. Soon it will be once every 3-4 years. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom