Disneyland Paris requires 150 euros per person for unlimited FastPass, Is WDW next?

kainsel

Original Poster
You will to translate the page but is this the test before they launch it at WDW?
Read it here

With a Super FastPass, visitors can enjoy accelerated access to three family attractions (Ratatouille: The Adventure, Peter Pan's Flight and Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast) or three thrill rides (Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain, Rock 'n) for 45 euros (30 euros in low season). Roller Coaster, The Twilight Zone Tower or Terror).

Those who are not satisfied with it can also opt for an Ultimate FastPass. Leaving the queue once at all nine attractions with a FastPass queue costs 90 euros per person (60 euros in low season). The most expensive variant costs 150 euros (120 euros in the low season). This means that visitors are allowed unlimited use of all FastPass rows in the parks in one day.

This summer there has already been experimented with a paid FastPass under the name Disney Access One . In addition, one time pre-payment costs 15 euros per person. The trial stops on 1 October.

WDWTank

You will to translate the page but is this the test before they launch it at WDW?
Read it here

With a Super FastPass, visitors can enjoy accelerated access to three family attractions (Ratatouille: The Adventure, Peter Pan's Flight and Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast) or three thrill rides (Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain, Rock 'n) for 45 euros (30 euros in low season). Roller Coaster, The Twilight Zone Tower or Terror).

Those who are not satisfied with it can also opt for an Ultimate FastPass. Leaving the queue once at all nine attractions with a FastPass queue costs 90 euros per person (60 euros in low season). The most expensive variant costs 150 euros (120 euros in the low season). This means that visitors are allowed unlimited use of all FastPass rows in the parks in one day.

This summer there has already been experimented with a paid FastPass under the name Disney Access One . In addition, one time pre-payment costs 15 euros per person. The trial stops on 1 October.
I hope Fastpass+ doesn’t end up like Universal Express, overpriced and a rip-off.

WDWTank

I find Universal express to be very useful and not overpriced at all - when it comes as the result of booking a deluxe room onsite.
I like they Universal Express in the Deluxe hotels but staying there is quite expensive, especially Hard Rock. And one time I went to both parks for one day, and a 2 Park UExpress pass costs just as much as a 1 day ticket for both parks! What a rip-off! :(

kong1802

I like they Universal Express in the Deluxe hotels but staying there is quite expensive, especially Hard Rock. And one time I went to both parks for one day, and a 2 Park UExpress pass costs just as much as a 1 day ticket for both parks! What a rip-off! :(

It all depends. We stayed at Royal Pacific last December for $200/night and of course got the Express pass included..That's the same price I just paid for POR last weekend....

To the topic:

I don't see WDW doing the unlimited option. It would "mess" up the whole system. And they have people hooked on the 3FP per day method. They much prefer to upsell the hours. I could see them locking people into 3, and then selling them 3 more.....

winstongator

It all depends. We stayed at Royal Pacific last December for $200/night and of course got the Express pass included..That's the same price I just paid for POR last weekend....

To the topic:

I don't see WDW doing the unlimited option. It would "mess" up the whole system. And they have people hooked on the 3FP per day method. They much prefer to upsell the hours. I could see them locking people into 3, and then selling them 3 more.....
They already offer that to club level guests.

disneyflush

Of course that is the plan. Everything they announce is pushing in this direction. The first step will be a premium charge for an earlier FP reservation window (extra $xx.00 on your ticket price to get a 90 day window instead of 60).

$125 for a ticket with a 60 day FP window
$135 for a ticket with a 90 day FP window
$150 for a ticket with a 90 day FP window and access to 4 FPs

This is the one that takes the argument away from "this won't interfere with my vacation at all so I don't mind if people want to pay it." so the march toward crossing that line will be very slow and very heavily reasoned out by Disney. At WDW anyway.

Lensman

Of note is that the article references a previous article describing a trial already held this past summer where you could buy a one-use "FastPass" for 15 euro. I wonder how that trial went? I guess it was at least successful enough that they've expanded it to these newer comprehensive offerings.

As others have said in other threads or this one, I think Disney knows they have different issues and obstacles/constraints at WDW - primarily with the value of onsite guests and the oversubscribed standby queues.

dreamfinder

They also offer this in Shanghai

This.
Slightly different as they don't have an all you can eat option. Price fluctuates based on their anticipated demand, you can buy single rides or discounted bulk groupings. On a slow day I think the big package cost about half as much as park admission. But when the lines for the carousel can reach 90 minutes, I can see why they went this route there.

They also offered the paid option on attractions that didn't offer traditional Fast Pass, Pirates for instance but I also saw signs for it on the Toy Story rides but weren't selling those the day I was there.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Disneyland Paris doesn’t even need Fastpass, when I go the lines are always so short I never have to use it. WDW however is the complete opposite.

I agree. Just got back from DLP and even with the race crowds, we rarely needed a FastPass for anything (I think we used FP for one ride in 3 park days). The only ride that could really use FP is Crush's Coaster.

But on the original topic - No, no, Disney will NEVER charge for FastPasses, lots of people around here told us so. ;)

CJR

I cringe at the thought of FoP's line with people taking advantage of unlimited FP's.

IF they do it, they need to have some sort of waiting period that way someone can't bypass a 200 minute wait, get on the ride in less than ten minutes and then loop back around and do it again for the same attraction. I'd imagine people who couldn't afford it wouldn't be coming back anytime soon. If a park were to become empty or even slow, kind of defeats the purpose. Point is, execution/balance is key.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom