Disneyland Paris Half Marathon

Tinkerbell 8

I can't wait for more info to be released (pricing, how many nights the package is for, if food plan is included, etc). Hopefully they announce it before the packages open on Oct 6th. Also, does anyone know what time you can start booking that day?

Texas84

I think it shows that they are expected alot of the suckers *erm* guests to come from well outside the DLP area, perhaps even aiming this straight at the hearts of the US runDisney addicts.

Hi, I'm Mark. I'm a runDisney addict. :D

That challenge medal obviously targets the US but this will be an international race. Other Euros (UK, Germany, etc.) will take a bunch of those packages and I bet you see the Japanese groups that show up for Marathon weekend. With only 12,000 entries I'm a bit worried about this one. I'm sure there a limited allotment for the US.

Texas84

I can't wait for more info to be released (pricing, how many nights the package is for, if food plan is included, etc). Hopefully they announce it before the packages open on Oct 6th. Also, does anyone know what time you can start booking that day?

Don't know but remember the time difference! Europe will get a jump on us if they release them in the morning local time.

Texas84

Just for kicks I priced 5 days, 4 nights for next month, single occupancy. This includes room, breakfast, and tickets, no air fare.

Disneyland Hotel $3,662
Disney's Hotel New York $2,137

FerretAfros

Just for kicks I priced 5 days, 4 nights for next month, single occupancy. This includes room, breakfast, and tickets, no air fare.

Disneyland Hotel $3,662
Disney's Hotel New York $2,137
I've also been keeping an eye on things, and there are several hotels in Val d'Europe for under $200/night; most are less than $100/night. Val d'Europe is Disney's planned community on the edge of their property; think of it sort of like DLP's version of Celebration. It's one stop away on the RER trains, and everything is clean and new construction, with a vaguely classical architectural style. It's not themed like the Disney hotels, but it's a very welcoming town and there's a huge shopping mall with a supermarket that's a couple blocks from the train station

I stayed there for my last DLP visit and it was really easy to get to and from the parks. There's a chance that the race will be too early to use the trains (though I suspect that's how most volunteers and employees will get there from the city), but it's only about a mile and a half from the parks so it would be a quick and easy cab ride. You could even walk it, but that's probably not ideal. The hotels there were about a third the price of the Disney ones, and the savings was totally worth it to me

Mad Stitch

I think it shows that they are expected alot of the suckers *erm* guests to come from well outside the DLP area, perhaps even aiming this straight at the hearts of the US runDisney addicts.
But how is that any different then the WDW Marathon? The majority of those runners are not from the Orlando area. Let's not fool ourselves, the purpose of this race is to put heads in beds during the slow season. The WDW Marathon had the same goal when it was first established. Nothing has changed.

I need to do my homework. Who has been to DLP? How many days do I need to see the parks? Is one day for each park enough? That would include going to a park after the race. It seemed like @JillC LI got a lot done in one day. I'm interested in staying at hotel Cheyenne, the old west theme sounds cool.

Texas84

I need to do my homework. Who has been to DLP? How many days do I need to see the parks? Is one day for each park enough? That would include going to a park after the race. It seemed like @JillC LI got a lot done in one day. I'm interested in staying at hotel Cheyenne, the old west theme sounds cool.

Good stuff in the DLP section. I bet there is a good web site out there somewhere for us foreigners.

If anyone else is going solo it would be fun to have a group to hang out with.

FerretAfros

Two days is probably about the right amount of time, depending on the crowds. I did 2 full (nearly non-stop) days in spring 2012 and easily got everything at least once. I don't know how Ratatouille has impacted crowd balance, or what crowds will be like next September, but I think that's a reasonable amount of time

Just prepare yourself to get a Park Hopper ticket so you can go back and forth between the parks. WDSP only has enough for a few hours, but still shouldn't be missed; DLP has plenty to keep you busy beyond that. Since the parks are right next to each other, it's very easy to go back and forth.
I'm still not sure if I'll be there and/or what my plans are (everything is hinging on what happens for me with the Berlin Marathon lottery, since both races are the same day), but there's a chance I'd be going solo as well

Tinkerbell 8

Good stuff in the DLP section. I bet there is a good web site out there somewhere for us foreigners.

I will most likely be going solo as well, my husband doesn't want to go with me to WDW let alone a Disney park in another country. He also thinks is crazy that I would be flying to Paris for a long weekend, I however see no problem with this :angelic:. I have been looking up prices on DLP's website for the dates of the race and the room package isn't as expensive as I thought it would be, airfare however is going to suck. I'm hoping that they include all the hotels in the package deal because I can only afford Cheyenne or Santa Fe.

JillC LI

Airfare is crazy right now. Maybe I'll check out that discount airline from Iceland and connect through there. :)

We flew into Munich this summer and home from Paris. The cheapest airfare we found was through Iceland with a close second through Dublin on Aer Lingus which we wound up taking due to flight times. I highly recommend them.

JillC LI

Although we did do a huge amount in one full day, we definitely left a lot undone (mostly in Toy Story Land at the Studios and in Fantasyland at DL). We did not do any sit-down meals. We saw Animagique but couldn't fit in Cinemagique. Space Mtn was closed as were a few other non-thrill rides. If we had two full days, I think we could have done just about everything. Keep in mind that if you are not at the Studios before opening, the line for Crush will be enormous except perhaps at closing, and there is no FP for Crush. Get a FP for Ratatouille - it's a must do.

Tinkerbell 8

I just got an email from Disneyland Paris stating that package registration for the half marathon weekend is scheduled to open on October 13th and can be done either by booking directly with Disneyland Paris or with one of their travel partners, more info about travel partners will be released on October 13th. I wonder why they changed it from October 6th?

Mad Stitch

I also got the email and was initially confused because I thought registration opened tomorrow. So they are already pushing back dates, it makes me wonder how ready they are for this.

Tinkerbell 8

I've been up since 3 am (EST) and I've been trying to call DLP for almost an hour, I was finally able to get through to someone, she said I was only the second person to call for the Marathon weekend, then when she went to book it, she was unable to pull up the resorts, she said it was a technical difficulty and I would need to call back. She was very nice and apologized for the inconvenience, did anyone else have an issue? I also checked the list of the travel partners and there is only one participating group here in the US. I may give them a little while and try calling back seeing as I'm now wide awake and there's no hope of me falling back to sleep.

Tinkerbell 8

Okay, so after my second call I was able to register!!! I registered for both the 5K and the half marathon, and we will be attending the Inaugural Party and the Buffalo Bill Wild West Show. The represenative said I was her first call for the Marathon and there were still a few glitches in the system but she was able to straighten it out. Also, my Visa would not work since I did not call my credit card company to let them know I would be using it out of the country, so she waited on the phone while I called them, which was really nice of her so I didn't lose my spot in line. Also be aware that the full amount is due at the time of purchase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom