Disneyland Paris Half Marathon

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Now that I am back to the land of working wifi: whose up for a meet/drink during the weekend. I'm arriving on the Thursday and leaving sometime on Monday. I'm running the 5k and the half (or perhaps I should say participating - after my June injury I can definitely run a 5k but the half will be walk/run in order to make it thru).

atjimfromdisney

Torn on running again this year! Would have to fly in Friday night and leave Sunday night. Did the 10k/Half challenge last year and absolutely loved both courses! Especially the characters on the course (Coming from the US runDisney races, Paris blows it out of the water).

RunningKoen

Torn on running again this year! Would have to fly in Friday night and leave Sunday night. Did the 10k/Half challenge last year and absolutely loved both courses! Especially the characters on the course (Coming from the US runDisney races, Paris blows it out of the water).

Just go for it! :D

Swissmiss

Premium Member
@RunningKoen - you tend to be more "in the know" than me - any word on when the race routes will come out? When I was at DLP in July they were doing work on the bridge between the Sequoia and the Newport Bay and it was closed (so just before where Km 18 usually is) Of course it could already be reopened as that was 5-6 weeks ago.

RunningKoen

@RunningKoen - you tend to be more "in the know" than me - any word on when the race routes will come out? When I was at DLP in July they were doing work on the bridge between the Sequoia and the Newport Bay and it was closed (so just before where Km 18 usually is) Of course it could already be reopened as that was 5-6 weeks ago.

Often just really close to the actual event itself due to security reasons

Swissmiss

Premium Member
So @RunningKoen : will it work again that I ask you about bib numbers and then we will finally get an email with some info? 😉.

I’m beginning to think I’ll be using one of those printers outside the expo entrance on Thursday ...

RunningKoen

So @RunningKoen : will it work again that I ask you about bib numbers and then we will finally get an email with some info? 😉.

I’m beginning to think I’ll be using one of those printers outside the expo entrance on Thursday ...

we can have a printer meeting. I'm slightly stressing as well..

Event guide is out!
Click here

New starting zone (excellent!), the 5 K route goes through both parks and I do love the logos of each race. Coloured version linked to the medals, which will likely be on the shirt (as it was last year).

The I did it shirt have greatly improved compared to last year. If that one sells out, I'll cry.

image.jpg

aaa.jpg

aaaa.jpg

Swissmiss

Premium Member
You’re the best, thanks! Very cool that the 5K goes thru both parks. That’s a first I think (or maybe not? I didn’t do it the first year when it was Saturday morning). And until I get my corral, I don’t know if I’ll be happy that there are finally more, as I figured being on my own I could slowly make my way up towards the beginning of C, but I doubt that I’ll be in that corral for the half.

RunningKoen

You’re the best, thanks! Very cool that the 5K goes thru both parks. That’s a first I think (or maybe not? I didn’t do it the first year when it was Saturday morning). And until I get my corral, I don’t know if I’ll be happy that there are finally more, as I figured being on my own I could slowly make my way up towards the beginning of C, but I doubt that I’ll be in that corral for the half.

5K in 2016 went through both parks, but was a saturday morning race.

First report of (merchandise) vouchers appearing online are there.
One of those is my report: I just downloaded the vouchers for my pins.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
5K in 2016 went through both parks, but was a saturday morning race.

First report of (merchandise) vouchers appearing online are there.
One of those is my report: I just downloaded the vouchers for my pins.

Good to know. In the end I didn’t preorder anything. I’m arriving early enough on Thursday that I figure I’ll be able to get pins and a T-shirt if I see one I like.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
For any of you who don’t speak French, I noticed they made an error on the English route map and did not use the F (Food) legend but N (Nourriture) legend.

RunningKoen

Good to know. In the end I didn’t preorder anything. I’m arriving early enough on Thursday that I figure I’ll be able to get pins and a T-shirt if I see one I like.

Are you gonna join that enormous line at 3 o clock or? Im arrive Thursday aswell, but Im good at doom scenarios

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom