Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Aloha,
If our society allows the celebrities to set our grooming standards we’re all in trouble. A professional appearance is just that...professional. Be as it may, Disney has lowered their standards for whatever reasons.
Dia dhuit,

Professional appearance has changed over time. Many decades ago you had the business professional in a full 3-piece business suit for the men or dress for women. Now you're more likely to see a business professional in jeans and short sleeved polo for either gender. I've also seen CEOs of companies come into meetings looking like they've been up for 72 hours straight without showering.

Point is that there is no longer just a standard dress code for a professional appearance. Its dictated by what society feels is normal dress, and companies are following suit to accommodate their employees. Disney is doing no different here.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think they should at least maintain some of the standards for period specific attractions. When the haunted mansion or Indiana Jones or jungle cruise cast members have tattoos of super heroes and purple hair, it's theme breaking at the least, even if you don't think it's unprofessional
Well unless Disneyland is going to change into some living attraction like a Ren Faire, that is never going to happen. You'll always have at least some of the real world bleeding in. So period dress, hair styles, no body art, etc., just aren't going to happen.

Giss Neric

Aloha,
If our society allows the celebrities to set our grooming standards we’re all in trouble. A professional appearance is just that...professional. Be as it may, Disney has lowered their standards for whatever reasons.
I remember when I was still working at a tech company in Silicon Valley, our work dress codes are very lax. We have pajama days. We have casual days. We have wear whatever you want days. Nobody likes to wear office clothes. What's important is you doing your job and doing it correctly. It works as we are more comfortable with the environment. Of course when the higher ups are there or clients, we try to dress up but the clients themselves just wear jeans.

Giss Neric

Use to love OA. Their latest video was approaching Fresh Baked levels of cringe.
Really? some people hate OA? I feel they are one of the most tolerable vloggers cause you can tell they're super fans but at the same time very chill. I don't see them as the type who are obnoxious and loud. I even prefer them than the Trackers if we're talking about couple vloggers.

A lot of the vloggers like Fresh Baked, Best Life and Beyond, Theme Park Obsession and others cried on camera during the reopening day. Is that a factor for you guys to cringe?

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Really? some people hate OA? I feel they are one of the most tolerable vloggers cause you can tell they're super fans but at the same time very chill. I don't see them as the type who are obnoxious and loud. I even prefer them than the Trackers if we're talking about couple vloggers.

A lot of the vloggers like Fresh Baked, Best Life and Beyond, Theme Park Obsession and others cried on camera during the reopening day. Is that a factor for you guys to cringe?

OA are certainly better than most out there but over the time they‘ve became fatiguing. It also doesn’t help that they remove any posts that are even remotely critical of their videos.

Have no problem with Theme Park Obsession. He seems like a nice guy. Best Life and Beyond are the bottom of the barrel. Unwatchable.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Nope. Never going to understand that. Ain't no way on this earth that I get my sleep-deprived self up at 4:30am just so I can type "First!" in the comments box. Guess I'm weird that way.

Also..... they aren't the first. Cast members and their friends and families have been in for a few days now. And those of us that watch Disney vloggers have been watching. So what are you "first" at again?

Whatever floats your boat, I guess.
Sorry, being first into the parks on a random Tuesday would still be a magical experience for me - though frankly I can probably count on one hand the times I've done park open at DL - when I'm touristing at WDW, then yeah, I want to be there to get in every minute I can. But being among the first public guests back inside DL after a year - both guests and cast members were crying happy tears. And if I'd been there, I'd've joined.

Y'all are too cynical. ;)

Then again, I'm someone who has spent hours in line or camped out overnight for experiences or items I wanted. It's part of the fun and usually makes for a good story afterward. :)

I'd love to be among the first guests in to see Avengers Campus - I don't care if it was cast-tested previously. To be one of the first guests to experience something is awesome. Sadly, I'll be moving so slowly (a year sitting at home non-ergonomically messed me up) that I expect a lot of people to beat me down the tram path. But if I could be one of the very first inside those gates officially - I'd be thrilled! Still I can't wait to see it all shiny and new and try out the new Spidey attraction - but most of all, looking forward to seeing my favorite characters in their new home! (Though I was SO happy to see pics online of some of the Marvel folks who are now hanging out in Hollywood Land until the Campus opens! I wanted to go back to the park ASAP, but decided to wait a few extra weeks for the Campus instead.) And yes, I'm gonna get there as early as traffic allows. :)

Tamandua

I remember when I was still working at a tech company in Silicon Valley, our work dress codes are very lax. We have pajama days. We have casual days. We have wear whatever you want days. Nobody likes to wear office clothes. What's important is you doing your job and doing it correctly. It works as we are more comfortable with the environment. Of course when the higher ups are there or clients, we try to dress up but the clients themselves just wear jeans.
And Disneyland customers are clients. I work for a tech company and there are certainly expectations about your dress and grooming. It's not very strict, but you could never get away with the new Disney look at my job, and I don't even work with clients. The customer facing people have even higher standards.

While I noticed many unprofessional looking cast members yesterday, I also took note of the ones who did look more professional and well groomed. Cast members with neat looking hair cuts and no visible tattoos... And just looking like they cared about their job. Disney might have lowered their standards for what's tolerated, but if I was a manager at DLR, it's probably going to make an impression on me when it comes to reviewing and promoting people. There's a stark contrast between someone who looks the part and makes the effort vs someone who tries to get away with as much as possible. That's really the impression I left with. Some cast members want to look professional and some want to get away with as much as they can. Who's going to get promoted in the long term?

Giss Neric

And Disneyland customers are clients. I work for a tech company and there are certainly expectations about your dress and grooming. It's not very strict, but you could never get away with the new Disney look at my job, and I don't even work with clients. The customer facing people have even higher standards.

While I noticed many unprofessional looking cast members yesterday, I also took note of the ones who did look more professional and well groomed. Cast members with neat looking hair cuts and no visible tattoos... And just looking like they cared about their job. Disney might have lowered their standards for what's tolerated, but if I was a manager at DLR, it's probably going to make an impression on me when it comes to reviewing and promoting people. There's a stark contrast between someone who looks the part and makes the effort vs someone who tries to get away with as much as possible. That's really the impression I left with. Some cast members want to look professional and some want to get away with as much as they can. Who's going to get promoted in the long term?
I feel like you went to Disney for the sole purpose of finding something to nitpick and criticize cause that's all you're going to see if you focus on that. You're only seeing their outer appearance and basing it on first impressions. What if those "lower standard" CMs does their job better than those well groomed CMs? If you're a manager, skills should always be more important than looks.

First impressions are overrated.

You hate how most of the CMs look. You hate vloggers and live streamers. Is there something you really enjoyed and not complained about other than the attractions?

Last edited:

SSG

GIF by SundanceTV

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Anyone with a Patreon to solicit donations to fund their theme park and shopping obsession is cringe to me. That's not even considering that the guy owns a prominent media business. I don't understand why people think so much of those guys.
In the beginning of their blogging thing when they were new I genuinely liked them. After they announced their Patreon and decided to be political it was downhill from there.

fctiger

Wow, second day in DCA=dead! 😥

I mean I know all the attention is naturally going to be on DL at the opening, but this is 2001 levels of non-crowds. What's even crazier is that DCA had 'sold out' that day like DL did, so they should have roughly the same level of crowds, even if both low. June 4th probably can't get here soon enough.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Wow, second day in DCA=dead! 😥

I mean I know all the attention is naturally going to be on DL at the opening, but this is 2001 levels of non-crowds. What's even crazier is that DCA had 'sold out' that day like DL did, so they should have roughly the same level of crowds, even if both low. June 4th probably can't get here soon enough.

Full price DCA with crazy restrictions is not a good combination.

waltography

I'm not surprised DCA is dead. Reservation availability two days into the reopening reflects it:

Frame 27.png

Saturdays are going the fastest, followed by Sundays, then Tuesdays/Wednesdays. Predictable given people's availabilities + the cheapest tickets. Also, there's still availability for Avengers Campus opening day, but you have to start at Disneyland first.

J4546

this is just like when parks opened in FL and they were dead for a while. People that experienced those days seem to have enjoyed them haha. I could see doing DL because I can spend an entire day in that park and still not do everything, but CA is hard to spend an entire day in even with the new avengers campus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom