Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

DrAlice

To be among the first inside to see it all. Being first inside the gates would be magical. :)
Nope. Never going to understand that. Ain't no way on this earth that I get my sleep-deprived self up at 4:30am just so I can type "First!" in the comments box. Guess I'm weird that way.

Also..... they aren't the first. Cast members and their friends and families have been in for a few days now. And those of us that watch Disney vloggers have been watching. So what are you "first" at again?

Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

George Lucas on a Bench

Nope. Never going to understand that. Ain't no way on this earth that I get my sleep-deprived self up at 4:30am just so I can type "First!" in the comments box. Guess I'm weird that way.

Also..... they aren't the first. Cast members and their friends and families have been in for a few days now. And those of us that watch Disney vloggers have been watching. So what are you "first" at again?

Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

First to respond to this

DavidDL

After seeing how short the waits were today, I’ll likely arrive a bit after opening to try and avoid the initial crazy mass of people. We’re all getting in anyways because we all have reservations. -and with the lines being so short, I’m sure I can miss out on an hour or two.

waltography

After seeing how short the waits were today, I’ll likely arrive a bit after opening to try and avoid the initial crazy mass of people. We’re all getting in anyways because we all have reservations. -and with the lines being so short, I’m sure I can miss out on an hour or two.
I feel the same way - I'm going in about 3 weeks, and while there's a chance OC might move to the Yellow Tier in 2 weeks, I doubt Disney will jump to increase capacity to 35% immediately after the news. Add the fact that park hours extend to 9pm starting May 14 and there's really no reason to be right at park open.

DavidDL

I feel the same way - I'm going in about 3 weeks, and while there's a chance OC might move to the Yellow Tier in 2 weeks, I doubt Disney will jump to increase capacity to 35% immediately after the news. Add the fact that park hours extend to 9pm starting May 14 and there's really no reason to be right at park open.

Double-y so because we can now make Rise of the Resistance reservations from home!

fctiger

Nope. Sorry, still don't get it. I'm a Disney fan. Still doesn't explain waiting for hours for somehing that you do not have to wait for.

LOL I'm with you. I could've been there today but I wouldn't want to deal with the madness. I can't bother to try and reserve a spot longer than 30 minutes just to shout first, much less 12 hours and yet....

Isn't that point of trying to GET the tickets for 12 hours so you can just stroll on in opening day?

But yeah, we also know some fans are a little too obsessive about it and simply want to be there ASAP like a five year waking up for Christmas! I don't get it either, but this how some people roll. ;)

Tamandua

An opportunity came up for us to go to opening day today, so I took my daughter. It was a pretty good experience overall, though I guess we missed a lot of the fanfare as we only arrived at the parking garage at 8. It definitely felt like a muted occasion as so much stuff is closed. Not just several attractions but I really noticed the restaurants and shops that were closed. Cast members seem a little rusty in their roles, though I'm guessing a lot of them have been assigned new roles that they're just now learning.

Something I really had trouble with is hearing cast members. I'm not hard of hearing but so often they would give directions or say something through their masks and sometimes plexiglass and I couldn't hear them at all over the Disneyland noise. They need to address that.

I also think the new Disney look makes things feel very different. It's not just tattoos (though it seems like 90% of cast members are sporting substantial tattoos now), but unkempt facial hair, unconventional hair styles, unnatural looking hair colors, etc. Maybe some people will like it more now but it feels like they've lowered their standards.

Too bad crowds can't stay this way forever. We fit in 27 rides in 10 hours.

Saw a ton of people walking around streaming everything they were doing. It's gotten out of hand.

waltography

I probably know the answer to this, but are PhotoPass photographers taking photos for people using their phones? I forgot I never had to pay for PhotoPass because it came lumped in with MaxPass on my AP, but now that's gone.

Giss Neric

I also think the new Disney look makes things feel very different. It's not just tattoos (though it seems like 90% of cast members are sporting substantial tattoos now), but unkempt facial hair, unconventional hair styles, unnatural looking hair colors, etc. Maybe some people will like it more now but it feels like they've lowered their standards.
I don't know which decade you are born but unkempt facial hair, unconventional hair styles, unnatural looking hair colors are what you basically see on a daily basis, everywhere you go. Celebrities you see nowadays are not the cookie cutter/clean shaven folks or has the classic Hollywood movie star looks. If what you see is them being comfortable with themselves then who are we to judge what we think is tidy and conventional.

Giss Neric

Nope. Sorry, still don't get it. I'm a Disney fan. Still doesn't explain waiting for hours for somehing that you do not have to wait for.
It's called the FOMO syndrome (Fear of Missing Out). I am guilty of this too sometimes. We gotta be first in everything or else you're last in line. It doesn't have to be literally but nobody wants be left out. Now arriving at 4:00 AM is a stretch but I guess when you're front of the line from everyone else, you do have better chances of exposure from all the news reports. You might get interviewed and be featured in some YouTube vlog or news.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom