Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

Old Mouseketeer

And here I thought I was the only one who loved seeing those beautiful stained glass windows.
Even did a photo shoot a few years ago to try to capture all the details....they are gorgeous!

I enjoyed reading your post above.
You, fine sir, have had many grand adventures.

:)

-

Thank you so much. I'll leave you with one more--I worked with Ron Schneider, the original Dreamfinder, at Magic Mountain a few years before Epcot opened. Unfortunately I lost contact with him over the years. He is an extraordinary guy.

CaptinEO

Hey, Walt listed the Speedramps on the new DL&SFRR Alweg Monorail as an attraction. I love Walt. Disneyland was a major part of my childhood. I have no problem acknowledging that Walt was both a creative genius and a savvy businessman and, frankly, a decent huckster. He knew how to promote. He knew how to cater to his audience. I respect that. Disneyland is a business. Most recently I was awed by RotR. Riding it for the first time is up there with PotC, HM, IJA, Avatar, ATIS, CoP, and, when I was a boy, iasw and Tiki Room. These were attractions that changed my expectations of theme park entertainment.

And people-watching from almost any bench in the parks is a great attraction for me. Waiting for Figaro to wake up at Castle Fantasy Faire or the Evil Queen to reveal herself over Snow White. Or the seagulls at Nemo Subs--I cry out "mine, mine, mine" (and I do it really well). I love seeing the Dapper Dans sing their way down Main Street on the streetcar. I miss the '70s College Marching Band doing a mash-up of 1812 and William Tell Overtures. And Cadaver Dans on a raft on RoA. Don't get me started on losing Thor's throne room--I'll cry. In the late '60s I was fascinated by the glass cutters at Crystal d'Orleans for Arribas Brothers. I always liked glass blowers, but this was new and I spent my allowance on several gifts. Then I got hired in FL and worked my way through college as a glass cutter and worked all over the country for Arribas and others. I miss Harry Brice the Silhouette artist. Bub Taylor and Kevin Miles, the great basses in Dapper Dans in FL. I saw Fulton Burley, Betty Taylor, and Wally Boag at Golden Horseshoe many times. And Teddy Buckner's Jazz All-Stars. I saw Mickey Mouse leading the WDW Band for Salute to Canada in 1974 in his Mountie costume with his sleeve chevrons upside down (they fixed it in between sets).

When I was a boy, we would take my grandparents from Oklahoma to DL with us when they visited. We would buy reasonably priced senior tickets for them and they would ride the train, Mark Twain, CoP, Carousel, FL dark rides, and (in the hot afternoon) Mr. Lincoln and America the Beautiful. And yes, there was a lot of sitting on benches. Walt wanted DL to be for entire families and I got to fully experience that. I don't particularly notice the "Lukewarm Water on tap at El Zocalo Cart". But I do always point out my favorite stained glass window at the resort (other than the entry doors at GCH which are hard to see opening and closing) above the entrance to Rancho del Zocalo (look for the giant "Z" and the beautiful oak leaves). They were produced by Judson Studios of Los Angeles, the US' oldest stained glass studio. I have a lifelong family connection to Judson and my brother has a window panel that is a family heirloom.

Disneyland is full of small, personal stories. I've done my fair share of blowing through the roller coasters. I've also spent a fair amount of time "stopping and smelling the roses". YMMV.
Ok boomer. Kids now have it way better, there's oversized plastic containers for popcorn.

There's also churros in multiple colors and "food festivals" where the biggest food critics from all over the world sample the best in cusine from top notch michelin stared chefs.

Glass Blowers? Windows? That's cute... We have Donald's Boat.

Mickey Leading a band? Ok... We had Pixar Fest where things were covered in yellow, red, AND BLUE!

I'll never forget sitting in the streets of batuu and relaxing while watching the sunset and hearing explosions, just admiring the bullet holes on the wall.

Old Mouseketeer

Ok boomer. Kids now have it way better, there's oversized plastic containers for popcorn.

There's also churros in multiple colors and "food festivals" where the biggest food critics from all over the world sample the best in cusine from top notch michelin stared chefs.

Glass Blowers? Windows? That's cute... We have Donald's Boat.

Mickey Leading a band? Ok... We had Pixar Fest where things were covered in yellow, red, AND BLUE!

I'll never forget sitting in the streets of batuu and relaxing while watching the sunset and hearing explosions, just admiring the bullet holes on the wall.

And don't forget the trains turn LEFT now, and the horse-drawn streetcars turn both right AND LEFT now!!!

Old Mouseketeer

. . . .

OK, one more joke. I said if I were a Galaxy's Edge CM, if a guest asked me about the red rock spires in the distance, I would say: "Oh, that's a very dangerous place where the smugglers hang out. The rumor is they are mining a rare mineral and shipping it off-world. Sometimes you can hear the explosions. It sounds like thunder--BIG thunder."

OK, I'll keep my day job.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"Disneyland releases ticket prices and pricing calendar for April 30 reopening

Theme park ticket sales for Disneyland and Disney California Adventure will resume on Thursday, April 15. Advanced online reservations will open on April 12 for visitors with previously purchased tickets.

Reservations will be required to visit Disneyland and DCA once both parks reopen with limited capacity. Visitors will need to purchase theme park tickets before making a reservation. California theme parks will be required to limit admission to in-state residents.

The two most popular dates on the Disneyland calendar will be April 30, when the parks reopen, and June 4, when Avengers Campus debuts at DCA. Disneyland will hold back a certain amount of ticket inventory for April 30 and June 4 so those with unused tickets don’t scoop up all the available reservation spots before those purchasing new tickets get a chance to make a reservation.

No reservation dates are expected to be “sold out” by the time tickets go on sale April 15.

Ticket prices will remain unchanged from when Disneyland and Disney California Adventure closed in March 2020 due to COVID-19 pandemic.

Disneyland will still employ a five-tiered pricing system that charges less on slower days and more on busier days. Prices for single-day, single-park tickets continue to range from the $104 Tier 1 to the $154 Tier 5. The Tier 2 ($114), Tier 3 ($124) and Tier 4 ($139) ticket prices also remain unchanged. Parkhopper and multi-day tickets cost more.

The newly released pricing calendar shows what ticket tiers will be available on specific days over the next two months. The 60-day rolling calendar will reveal new dates and prices over time.

The ticket calendar will help visitors with unused tickets and those purchasing new tickets determine which days they can make a reservation to visit the reopened parks.

Visitors will need both a ticket and an advance reservation to get into Disneyland or DCA. Those with previously purchased tickets will need to make a reservation. Those without tickets will need to buy one first and then make a reservation.

The most expensive $154 Tier 5 tickets are good for all days over the first two months when the parks reopen provided visitors can make a reservation.

In general, visitors with $139 Tier 4 and $124 Tier 3 tickets will be able to make reservations on weekdays on Mondays through Thursdays. Ticket holders in the $114 Tier 2 will mostly find midweek reservations available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

There are no reservation dates available in the first two months at the least expensive $104 Tier 1 ticket price. Visitors with unused Tier 1 tickets are encouraged to check back often for additional reservation availability.

Visitors with Tier 1 tickets who want to go to Disneyland or DCA during the first two months after the parks reopen but find themselves blocked out on the ticket calendar can request a refund and start over on April 15 with the general public.

Tier upgrades are not available, but visitors with unused tickets can dial down a higher tier ticket for a lower tier reservation, though they won’t be refunded the difference in price.

It’s possible as restrictions loosen and Disneyland increases capacity that additional reservations will become available. Similarly, reservations can open up in all tiers over time as visitors cancel or modify their plans.

Visitors with unused tickets looking to make reservations will encounter two pricing schemes on the ticket calendar — the latest 5-tier system and the older 3-tier plan. The 3-tier plan offered $104 value, $129 regular and $149 peak tickets."

Direct link and image for pricing -

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 1.19.06 PM.png

Last edited:

waltography

No reservation dates are expected to be “sold out” by the time tickets go on sale April 15.
Does anyone know how many tickets they sold for A Touch of Disney's run? That sold out in less than a day, but I don't have a good idea of how many people are going to the parks during that event on any given day.

If they don't expect to sell out, I wonder exactly what is the theoretical capacity of the parks; surely they'll sell out of opening day and June 4 at least, right?

Newtwo

So do the 2-Day Ticket with Admission to 1 Park per day tickets have any blackouts on them? There is no reference to tiers in that ticket type. Same goes for the multi-day parkhopper tickets.

VJ

So do the 2-Day Ticket with Admission to 1 Park per day tickets have any blackouts on them? There is no reference to tiers in that ticket type. Same goes for the multi-day parkhopper tickets.
I think the blackouts are uniform across the 1-day 2-day etc tickets. It's just the pricing that changes between tiers.

Newtwo

I think the blackouts are uniform across the 1-day 2-day etc tickets. It's just the pricing that changes between tiers.
Ahh, so you think there is a 2-Day Ticket with Admission to 1 Park per day Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, etc and that it's just not listed?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom