Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"Upon reopening, we’ll continue leveraging a virtual queue system for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.* The attraction’s virtual queue is only accessible via the Disneyland mobile app, and you may only experience the attraction by joining the virtual queue. Distribution times for virtual queue enrollment will be twice daily, one in the morning, and one later in the day. Specific times and details will be shared at a later date on Disneyland.com.

• Guests with a valid ticket and theme park reservation who will start their day at Disneyland park will be able to access the virtual queue system and check for an available boarding group in the morning on the day of their park reservation. Guests will need to have their park tickets linked to their Disney account.
  • To access the second virtual queue opportunity for later that day, guests must have a valid ticket and park reservation, and have entered Disneyland park, or Disney California Adventure park with a Park Hopper ticket by the second enrollment time. Guests beginning their day at Disney California Adventure Park may then enter Disneyland park with their Park Hopper ticket after 1 p.m. for their boarding group."

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Reservations will be required to visit Disneyland and DCA once both parks reopen with limited capacity. Visitors will need to purchase theme park tickets before making a reservation. California theme parks will be required to limit admission to in-state residents.
I wonder how messy this is going to get, especially for those purchasing 1-day tickets. Let's say you see an opening for a Tier-3 day, go through the process of purchasing the ticket, then find it sold out within that time, and now only Tier-4 and Tier-5 are open. Now you have to wait until a Tier-3 day opens back up because...
Tier upgrades are not available, but visitors with unused tickets can dial down a higher tier ticket for a lower tier reservation, though they won’t be refunded the difference in price.
Ouch. Hopefully, there will be enough tickets for each tier.

The two most popular dates on the Disneyland calendar will be April 30, when the parks reopen, and June 4, when Avengers Campus debuts at DCA. Disneyland will hold back a certain amount of ticket inventory for April 30 and June 4 so those with unused tickets don’t scoop up all the available reservation spots before those purchasing new tickets get a chance to make a reservation.
This redeems them...a little, though I still don't plan to go on either of those days. I'm sure vloggers will scoop them up.

No reservation dates are expected to be “sold out” by the time tickets go on sale April 15.
For at least a good hour...maybe two.

Disneyland will still employ a five-tiered pricing system that charges less on slower days and more on busier days. Prices for single-day, single-park tickets continue to range from the $104 Tier 1 to the $154 Tier 5. The Tier 2 ($114), Tier 3 ($124) and Tier 4 ($139) ticket prices also remain unchanged. Parkhopper and multi-day tickets cost more.

The most expensive $154 Tier 5 tickets are good for all days over the first two months when the parks reopen provided visitors can make a reservation.
It's almost as if they are saying to just buy the expensive one and you're guaranteed to go any day because they are making you buy the ticket first and reserve second.

It’s possible as restrictions loosen and Disneyland increases capacity that additional reservations will become available. Similarly, reservations can open up in all tiers over time as visitors cancel or modify their plans.
Basically what I said in an earlier post.

My plan is to try and go for 2 days over a weekend, so at least getting a 2-day ticket will be the same price no matter what days I go. It seems like this is what Disney is trying to push people to do...get multi-day passes by making single-day more complicated. Should be fun to see how this all plays out on the 15th.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Ahh, so you think there is a 2-Day Ticket with Admission to 1 Park per day Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, etc and that it's just not listed?
No. All multi-day tickets are one price and there is no blackout. Go whenever you want within the time period you can use them and make sure you have the reservations for those days.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
No word mentioned on what happens if your preciously purchased tickets have Maxpass?
WOW I was just going to ask same! I have two 5 day tickets with Maxpass I bought 1/2019......AND since I am out of state.....now what? I assume that likely I will get price paid applied to new issue tickets down the road.....so that maxpass price increase will help offset the raise in ticket prices.....;). Have not seen anywhere, but even if I wanted to come play they won't let me in.....😞

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
"Upon reopening, we’ll continue leveraging a virtual queue system for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.* The attraction’s virtual queue is only accessible via the Disneyland mobile app, and you may only experience the attraction by joining the virtual queue. Distribution times for virtual queue enrollment will be twice daily, one in the morning, and one later in the day. Specific times and details will be shared at a later date on Disneyland.com.

• Guests with a valid ticket and theme park reservation who will start their day at Disneyland park will be able to access the virtual queue system and check for an available boarding group in the morning on the day of their park reservation. Guests will need to have their park tickets linked to their Disney account.
  • To access the second virtual queue opportunity for later that day, guests must have a valid ticket and park reservation, and have entered Disneyland park, or Disney California Adventure park with a Park Hopper ticket by the second enrollment time. Guests beginning their day at Disney California Adventure Park may then enter Disneyland park with their Park Hopper ticket after 1 p.m. for their boarding group."
💩

BuzzedPotatoHead89

No. All multi-day tickets are one price and there is no blackout. Go whenever you want within the time period you can use them and make sure you have the reservations for those days.
It wasn’t clear to me but do you know if we still have to use them within a 13 day period given the challenges securing reservations?

If not, given the cost of a single day ticket, it may be most cost effective to get this multi-day option if spread out over multiple months, if I can “hold” some of these days for later in the year.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
It wasn’t clear to me but do you know if we still have to use them within a 13 day period given the challenges securing reservations?

If not, given the cost of a single day ticket, it may be most cost effective to get this multi-day option if spread out over multiple months, if I can “hold” some of these days for later in the year.
Right now the official site only says:
  • A park reservation must be made for each day of entry. If you have a multi-day ticket, you will be required to make a park reservation for each date of your visit.
It's not specific if the 13-day rule still applies, but I would for now assume it does and plan your days accordingly.

Another piece of information that is important:
  • We highly recommend that you make your theme park reservation as soon as you complete your ticket purchase, as availability can change until the reservation is finalized.
So I was wrong about what I said above about your reservation being held until your transaction is complete. This is a bummer. Have your credit cards, gift cards, or whatever you think you need handy when reserving because things can change until the reservation is finalized.

Curious Constance

I was going nuts trying to figure out why the site only said “Guests with 1 day tickets can view the Ticket Availability Calendar for when they can enjoy a visit “ because I was like what about 5 day tickets!??!!! Then it hit me, those don’t have any blackout dates so you can go anytime as long as reservations are available.

My tickets are linked in my app. But when I try and link them on the Disneyland website it says they are already linked “to an account” but doesn’t say they are linked to my account anywhere. Where the heck will the reservation system be? The website or the app??

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I was going nuts trying to figure out why the site only said “Guests with 1 day tickets can view the Ticket Availability Calendar for when they can enjoy a visit “ because I was like what about 5 day tickets!??!!! Then it hit me, those don’t have any blackout dates so you can go anytime as long as reservations are available.

My tickets are linked in my app. But when I try and link them on the Disneyland website it says they are already linked “to an account” but doesn’t say they are linked to my account anywhere. Where the heck will the reservation system be? The website or the app??
Silly question, but you are sure the accounts you are logged into on the app and web are the same account?

waltography

More info about the opening posted on the Parks blog: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2021/04/attractions-and-entertainment-reopening-details-for-disneyland-resort-theme-parks

Some things to note:
  • RotR will be adopting the VQ model over at DHS (two times to join the queue, once in the morning and again in the afternoon).
  • Mentioned a refresh of King Arthur alongside Snow White and Haunted Mansion's enhancements again. Did the carrousel get a renovation?
  • Lots of mentions of distanced character meet and greets using stage space, which is fun.

jrhwdw

More info about the opening posted on the Parks blog: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2021/04/attractions-and-entertainment-reopening-details-for-disneyland-resort-theme-parks

Some things to note:
  • RotR will be adopting the VQ model over at DHS (two times to join the queue, once in the morning and again in the afternoon).
  • Mentioned a refresh of King Arthur alongside Snow White and Haunted Mansion's enhancements again. Did the carrousel get a renovation?
  • Lots of mentions of distanced character meet and greets using stage space, which is fun.
Didn't see anything about Cavalcades......is that not a thing in CA and we just have to wait for Reg Entertainment?

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No

Some things to note:
Was going to ask if at DHS they limit you to one reservation per day as to not book twice and pinch out those who didn't get it in the morning, but the note at the bottom of the blog states:

*Access to a Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance boarding group is subject to availability and not guaranteed. In order to give as many Guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each Guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.

CaptinEO

Some things to note:
Carousel was under construction right before the shutdown.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
That’s not silly. Cause I’m not 100% certain hahah I think they are both the same. Email and password are the same. Where do you go on the website to see linked tickets?
1617995698747.png

I was thinking the bottom link where it says Link Tickets...but I'm wondering if that's only to link tickets and not view them. I don't have any linked, so it takes me to a page to enter a ticket number for linkage. Sounds like that's what you've already tried.

It's possible you just can't view them on the website. For some reason, I kinda remember this being the case in the past. I think as long as your email and password are the same when the time comes your tickets will show up on the reservation page.

One other thing to try.....go to your profile:

1617996162801.png

Then click Memberships and Passes:
1617996199990.png

Not sure if they would be there, but it's worth a shot.

DLR>WDW

View attachment 546916

I was thinking the bottom link where it says Link Tickets...but I'm wondering if that's only to link tickets and not view them. I don't have any linked, so it takes me to a page to enter a ticket number for linkage. Sounds like that's what you've already tried.

It's possible you just can't view them on the website. For some reason, I kinda remember this being the case in the past. I think as long as your email and password are the same when the time comes your tickets will show up on the reservation page.

One other thing to try.....go to your profile:

View attachment 546920

Then click Memberships and Passes:
View attachment 546921

Not sure if they would be there, but it's worth a shot.
I‘m in the same boat as you. Maybe tickets linked on the app will transfer over to the online reservation system? Wish they’d show us which tickets are linked now, but I suppose we’ll have to wait for the system to go online next week.

Anyway, here’s a picture of the system discovered by @flutas last year if you were curious. :)
1617998959566.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom