Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

DrAlice

I also enjoy when "person on twitter" is supposed to be a trusted source.
haha... Well, to be fair, he is a SoCal Fox News affiliate anchor. In any case, it felt too "click bait-y" to me. Then I go to twitter and he tempered his comment with this:

"More: This is all assuming we don’t see a major spike in hospitalizations and deaths due to COVID 19 & the vaccine supply remains sufficient. Officials say the mask mandate is dependent on science proving it to be necessary."

So, yeah, ok. This isn't news. We all hope that as vaccines get into more arms, restrictions will be lifted. Wake me when they are actually lifted.

CaptinEO

haha... Well, to be fair, he is a SoCal Fox News affiliate anchor. In any case, it felt too "click bait-y" to me. Then I go to twitter and he tempered his comment with this:

"More: This is all assuming we don’t see a major spike in hospitalizations and deaths due to COVID 19 & the vaccine supply remains sufficient. Officials say the mask mandate is dependent on science proving it to be necessary."

So, yeah, ok. This isn't news. We all hope that as vaccines get into more arms, restrictions will be lifted. Wake me when they are actually lifted.
Thanks for finding that info and clarifying!

el_super

Bashing on Chapek is about as "normal" as it gets around here. It should be a good thing.

Or should we still be hung up on Covid?

It's not really a good thing, if most of the complaints about Chapek are coming from the same type of misinformation that the COVID complaints were coming from. It's almost as if, so desperate for something to complain about, people will just start making stuff up.

Lincoln is currently being used for CM training.

DrAlice

It's based on capacity and demand, not variety. Although we might end up seeing some new/different options at some locations.
Right. And I would have thought they'd want to physically spread people out. That's why I was suprised that nothing in the Paradise Pier food court thingy was open.

WillWrambles

In the Parks
No
It's not really a good thing, if most of the complaints about Chapek are coming from the same type of misinformation that the COVID complaints were coming from. It's almost as if, so desperate for something to complain about, people will just start making stuff up.

We find random stuff to complain about on a daily basis. That’s how this board lives.

Mac Tonight

I don't think anyone is actually spreading misinformation that Chapek has plans to axe Lincoln. It's just anecdotal given his natural bent towards IP and profit-forward thinking.

SSG

To save the brainwork, Guy Selga from Touring Plans tweets a list of attractions NOT opening.

not open.jpg

DrAlice

So multi day ticket reservations are a no go at first? And no I’m not wanting to make them myself, just trying to keep up.
Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't actually say that specifically. However, it does say that you have to get individual reservations for each day. Also, you can parkhop, but you not until 1pm, and you must have a reservation for the park you will enter in the morning.

Without the actual ticket pricing page up, it's hard to know exact details as we don't have the verbiage for expiration dates, "must use within 14 days of first visit", etc.

MiceChat reported prices, but I'm not sure where they got that info (not doubting them, I just don't know). I didn't find prices posted yet.

el_super

I don't think anyone is actually spreading misinformation that Chapek has plans to axe Lincoln. It's just anecdotal given his natural bent towards IP and profit-forward thinking.

It's a jump to think that the reopening plans have anything to do with the long term plan for Lincoln.

It's not a jump to assume that shows and attractions that struggle attracting crowds would or should be replaced.

CaptinEO

Doesn't matter if there is no one in the park to use that capacity.
Do you understand that more square footage opens means more people, the argument is irrelevant. If they can open a restaurant that normal seats 100 people, and have to operate at 25% capacity, that means 25 more people can enter the park than before.

CaptainAmerica

Do you understand that more square footage opens means more people, the argument is irrelevant. If they can open a restaurant that normal seats 100 people, and have to operate at 25% capacity, that means 25 more people can enter the park than before.
That is not correct.

The state requirements are not that nuanced. They set the capacity at X% of pre-COVID capacity, period. There's no room for adjustment based on operational changes.

Emmanuel

Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't actually say that specifically. However, it does say that you have to get individual reservations for each day. Also, you can parkhop, but you not until 1pm, and you must have a reservation for the park you will enter in the morning.

Without the actual ticket pricing page up, it's hard to know exact details as we don't have the verbiage for expiration dates, "must use within 14 days of first visit", etc.

MiceChat reported prices, but I'm not sure where they got that info (not doubting them, I just don't know). I didn't find prices posted yet.

The prices they reported is from the last increase they did last February. Mouseplanet also says that the prices stay the same. Screenshot below is from Mousplanets website

Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 11.31.01 AM.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom