Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

waltography

So I was able to purchase tickets from my travel agent early this morning. I don't have the ticket numbers yet (just a voucher), so I can't do anything for reservations just yet. However, the agent is supposed to send them to me this morning.

And, I just checked to see if they posted in my account on the website and....... their server just CRASHED. It tells you just how many people are trying to do this, this morning. This is going to be fun. :p

I'm still sitting on Disney's "Please Sit Tight" screen too.
How does that work? Can travel agents purchase tickets on the backend?

DrAlice

How does that work? Can travel agents purchase tickets on the backend?
Yep. I chose to use them because they have plan protection that lets me cancel tickets for a refund and/or cancel/change hotel dates easily. (There's a fee for that, of course, but it eased my anxiety about the whole process. lol).

I used them for our last trip that got cancelled due to the plague. It was very easy to just contact them to cancel everything and get a refund.

ToTBellHop

Same, but if the queue ID is the same it makes me wonder if they are the same queue or not even with the different url.
My understanding was the whole purpose behind delaying new ticket sales was to have a single queue so you can immediately book reservations after buying tickets. We will see if that is actually what happens. Disney IT leaves something to be desired.

Stevek

Yes. In fact, if you aren't planning to reserve any days today you really don't need to sit in the queue. Tickets won't sell out, it's just reservations that will fill up. You can get the tickets whenever. I don't believe you don't have to buy tickets and reserve days at the same time.
The only benefit I can see getting tickets today, if we decide to go later, is protecting ourselves against a price increase...though I'm optimistic Disney won't do that anytime soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom